Womens Running

New Grandbaby Friday!! (Read 21 times)

She's here!!!

And I can't get a picture to load.  Rats.

Ann Marie was born at 12:41 yesterday, she weighed 7lbs 6oz and is 19.5" long. She has lots of dark hair and we are all over the moon.  DD is doing great.

DF landed right before she was born and had to wait at the airport a few hours before I could leave to pick him up.

We walked the weims this morning--we are keeping their weim, Gracie for a couple of days.

Smile

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

21.2 miles for me this morning!

Whew, glad that is done! What a morning! I woke up at 2:30 (yup..crazy) but it was pouring rain and storming outside so obviously I had to wait. I was trying to go back to sleep for an hour but my anxiety was just too high. Once I didn't see anymore lightening I went out there. It rained for the first 6 miles but then stopped. The humidity dropped shortly after that and it turned out to be a really cool and pleasant morning!! With sun! Woohoo! I kept having to pee and did need to stop once for ...uh...a stomach issue. But it wasn't a bad one Smile Also started my period mid run (TMI but hey, this is a women forum Wink ). Very random morning.

OH - the run went well Smile I used my new achilles tendonitis strap I bought on Amazon - love that thing. Who knew a silly little strap would help so much? I am going to buy another one for the other foot. I felt pretty good the entire run - it was just long. My legs are pretty tired, too. Paces were all over the place but I was holding on to my normal training pace for the most part and was speedy the last 5.

I have one more run tomorrow before I can get excited to taper 😊I am SO SO excited to meet Sandy and see Karen again!!! I can not wait for an awesome girls weekend Smile

PTO today so I am going to lounge and do nothing most of the day. FRENCH TOAST for dinner tonight! YEAHHHH BUDDY.

Karen - I peed 4x this morning! 4!! Sometimes that happens when I take a lot of Immodium haha. OMG that sucks about the Annapolis race! I used to live very close to rt 50 and had to use it to get to work..AWFUL. AWFUL. AWFUL. I can see why you get there super early. I am the complete opposite. I HATE waiting..I just want to go go go. I try to wait as long as I can before I leave. Nice miles yesterday! Very productive day for you.

Carol - I love the idea of you starting a running group. That would be really cool. I am with you on that spin bike…I feel like that seat could get me pregnant LOL!!! I haven’t been in forever either so I am sure I would have to get used to that stupid seat again.

Run4kupcakes - Enjoy the day off! Doing anything special today? Is your race THIS weekend?

Tessa - Nice miles! How is the new set up at work going? I was going to ask when you were going to foster again! Yay!!

Susan - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WOOHOO!! What are you going to go by? Grandma? I love the Ann Marie name! Awe… Smile Smile

Sandy - Good luck on that 20 tomorrow!!!

Docket - GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!!

Talk with ya later!!! Have a great day! I obviously still have runners high.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Arg...stupid program lost my earlier post.

Sue, that is wonderful about the new GD.  Such a beautiful name.

Lizzie, nice run...enjoy the rest of the day lounging.

Good Luck Damaris.  If the weather holds I think the Alli might make an appearance.

Carol, no on the spin bike for me...I like the big cushy recumbent bike seat.  Tried the spin one only once.  My seat bones hurt for a week.

Tessa yay on the kitties.  Once we get settled I may see about fostering some kitties too.  We STILL haven't moved into the new little house.  My DH is such a procrastinator.

R4k, are you racing this weekend?  Good luck if so, otherwise have a great day off.

Sandy hope the weather is just right for your LR.

I was tired last night so took a TURD and some benedryl since allergies are killing me.  Will try for some tonight.  I could just call this taper since my next 50k is the 5th.  I have the farrier coming Sat and need to pick up some Seresto flea and tick collars for the dogs and then we're going down to Tulsa to have a late lunch with DD at a german restaurant.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friday!  Strength last night, probably will just rest today so I can run outside tomorrow.  Though the high tomorrow will only be 49, what's up with that?     Nothing much new with me... though DH brought home a "used" toilet seat yesterday.  It was a fancy bidet style seat, that costs $$$.  The hinge on the lid is broken and the owner just wanted a new one so he told DH that he could have the old one.  So he brought it home.  Is that weird?   

Sue (grandma), congrats!!  I love the classic name.  Can't wait to see a pic!

Lizzie, "woke up at 2:30"... that does not compute.    Nice long run!  Yay on the impending taper!   Hah, on the period talk... there has been a lot of that around our house lately and DH just loves it.    Haha, enjoy the french toast!  Oh, and saving the umbilical cord... totally gross!  We were not offered that option for DD.  I have heard about some people asking for the placenta.  Reminds me of when DD was very young, she had this "thing" where she would save finger and toe nail clippings.  She would ask for mine.  I love to remind her about that.  

Diane, yes, you should be tapering.    Hope you feel better!

Tessa, glad to hear that you have kitties again!

Kupcakes, enjoy the day off!

Carol, I'm glad your training is going well!

Karen, nice race recap!  Loved your dad's comment on FB.    That is kind of funny about the virtual trainer!    I guess at least virtual you didn't coast over to the side of the road and fall over?  

Kat, Fiesta sounds like fun!  Good luck on the run tomorrow!

Where's Sandy?

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. On our way to Louisville.

Susan, Congrats!!!

Diane, Alli shorts for me would make appearances after 30F and definitely making an appearance for my marathon. Smile. Love the tights but will probably never get to run in them so I wear them for Pilates.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Wahoo Sue!!  And to DD.  Ann Marie is a very pretty name.

Lizzie, super run this morning.  I hope you enjoy the remainder of your day off.  French toast sounds yummy.

Diane, don't you just HATE losing your post.  Hey, on Seresto collars, look at Petco.com.  Their online prices are fab, something like $50/collar instead of $70-80 in the stores.  Just a thought.

Cathy, that is weird to bring home a USED seat.  Hmmm.

Damaris, what race are you doing??

Rest day here as I am hoping for a decent one tomorrow.  Yesterday was OK pet wise, but still boring as all get out.  But we did have a VERY LOUD barking dog right next to our space for TWO HOURS.  They were in a training class and then just hung out after.  I about went out of my mind.  It took me about an hour after work to unwind from it.  Who knows what today will bring...

Tessa, I got your size.  Hmm, baked goods.  Tempting.

Best to you all today.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

TGIF!

4.1 this morning, 4 last night.  Been running errands and cleaning today, my typical Friday LOL.  Taking the puppy to the vet for her first 'real' appointment this afternoon.

I do have a bit of good news, looks like they FINALLY hired the nurse I helped interview 3 weeks ago!  She starts mid May.  3 months from her 1st interview until she starts, which is crazy.  But, I am hoping this works out.  They are interviewing today for the other nurse and social worker position (my co worker was promoted to Supervisor though right now she is doing double duty).  Maybe we'll have a full staff at some point!

Sue - CONGRATULATIONS!!  So exciting, and I love her name!!

Lizzie - Wow, you are amazing!!  You will rock your next race!!

Diane - your next 50K is coming up quick!

Cathy - LOL on the new toilet seat!!  Have a good run tomorrow!

Hi Damaris - safe travels!

Kat - ugh on the barking dog, my puppy is finally getting better about yipping when we leave the room, it was so bad for a while.

I'm tapering quite well. LOL

Last night was a brainstorming event with a past head of HR and a group of other women. Was quite fun to do "vision boards" on the face of leadership and come up with 2 different products to be used for leadership training. Complete whiteboard start and crazy ideas. Love that sort of stuff. Was for an executive training company that former coworker was doing the project with.

Tomorrow morning I volunteer at The Trail half marathon. Working the last aid station from 7:30-8am. May be in upper 30's and rain. Awesome. David, Jennifer, and Katie all running it so I will have appropriate "travelers" for each of them. Then I drive to Indy for Kaite's dance recital, Then back from Indy (total of 9 hours of driving...yeehaw!) Sunday morning is the 50k so that should be interesting. Going into with so little expectations that I might actually PR. Probably not but you never know.

Sue-CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's so exciting!!!

Lizzie-I'd say "you go girl" but I'm betting that you really don't want to anymore. Assuming you are even awake still. I woke up at 2:30 too. Running 21.2 miles wasn't what I did though.

Diane-the walking poles help, even on flats. Watch some videos on how to properly use them though. Like anything else there are tips and right/wrong ways. I do the recumbent bike at the gym too.

Damaris-Way to be specific about boss. LOL We have summer friday's coming up and we just can't WFH AND have a summer friday in the same week. I guess I shouldn't complain? That is super annoying though and does warrant asshole status for boss.

Kathryn-with it being loops and there being 50 milers out too, you're bound to find others going your pace. May end up with different people at different times but all fun. I'm probably going to go for it timewise but that is all weather and health dependent so we shall see. I remember Fiesta from when sis-in-law lived there. Big deal! Fun!

Karen-OMG.. the image I have of you watching virtual Karen sit on the side of the road.... I can only imagine the encouragement you were giving to her. LOL I've had real runs where I've considered sitting by the side of the road and throwing my phone into the open window of a passing car or asking a biker to take my phone. Even I know that noone would believe my pace. I have considered throwing the phone to get the distance but luckily I'm smart enough to realize I would eventually have to cover said distance to pick up phone so why bother. Clearly I run too long of distances by myself to have these thoughts. LOL

Carol-complete retirement? crazy talk! LOL

HCK2-those roads aren't made for that traffic. Hope you get there fine and dandy.

Tessa-Kittens!!!! We can make it a kitten forum though. 2019 is going to have some races with friends in it. Which I don't know yet but I am feeling them out there!

Cathy-used and toilet seat aren't typically anything I would be happy about but lysol the heck out of it and why not?

Laura-lucky the person was still interested and available!! But congrats!

Lisa

Kilmisters

Hopping in to say congrats, Susan! How exciting!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations Susan! That is so exciting. You are going to have so much fun spoiling Ann Marie.

Good luck and awesome weather to Damaris and HCK this weekend. Anyone else racing?

Carol, go for full retirement - it's awesome. I think you'd be great at starting a running club. It's really really rewarding to help other runners.

Liz, dang girl, 21.2? I'll be lucky to get to 15 before Fargo. I guess I can count that 26 from a week and a half ago, though. I am really raally excited to hang with you and Sandy - who thought I'd be looking forward this much to a trip to Fargo?

Diane, I need to pay more attention. I didn't realize your next 50K was so soon. I think some yahoo turning your marathon into a 50K threw me off. TURD yesterday sounds like it was a good idea.

Cathy, I am laughing about the toilet seat. But I guess it's not like we don't use other people's toilet seats all the time when away from home. If it's just a broken hinge, score.

Kathryn, ugh on the barking dog. Sometimes Riley goes out back and just runs back and forth barking. He looks so happy, but I'm sure the neighbors are annoyed. I try not to let him go on too long.

Laura, that is great news about hiring a nurse finally!!!!

Lisa, your schedule this weekend.....yikes. Only you. On virtual Karen, let's just say as I was pedaling along and watching her lazy ass coast over to the side of the road, some of Diane's boy howdys were thrown. And not that I was racing anyone on there (I was trying to do a specific workout), but I swear she would coast at the worst time, usually when we were about to pass someone.

Just 5 for me this morning. And barely this morning. DH was up early - after being gone for three days he ended up going into the office today as well. But Riley was tired from daycare yesterday so we slept in. I got up and let him out and fed him when DH got up (6:30 instead of Riley's normal 5:30) and I thought I was pretty wide awake. Just laid back down for a minute and then it was almost 9 am! Luckily the weather is gorgeous here, so after coffee and goofing off, when I finally got out the door around 11 it was still in the low 60s.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Yeah I'm not sure what possessed me to sign up for a 50k 2 weeks after a marathon....I'm going to claim it was the beer that made me do it...Dragon's Milk beer.  Good thing I have no time goal other than finishing before the 15 hour cut off.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ahh..a nice 3 hour nap this afternoon...

I should not have checked my email when I woke up. Once I did, things just turned red. LOL. Mammel....crossed the line. My co-worker and I reported him to HR and to his boss this afternoon. I don't want to bore everyone with details but the past couple weeks have been rough...and he is "swinging his d&^%" around to try to show who is boss and has crossed the line. Not that our HR department or even his boss will do anything about it..but at least its documented. I really wanted to respond to his inappropriate email but its probably best I do not...I would have signed it "JUST THE FU*&$#@$ ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER" since that is what he told me to my face (well not the F word part) the other day. Sigh. Not how I wanted to feel this afternoon!

End rant.

Diane - I would say its taper time! Its hard to believe that the 5th is next week! TURD days are acceptable Smile OOOO lunch sounds yummy! Have a good time tomorrow.

Cathy - Uhm, you lost me at used toilet seat. NO. I get that it is a nice toilet seat but no. LOL. So yes, that is weird. But you know, maybe Karen can come install it - she is a pro now. Smile 49 sounds perfect Smile HCBF is not a real fan of the period talk either. One time I was..uh..getting ready to take care of things with a Tampon in our bathroom - and he came in and ran downstairs saying “OMG”. Like, really? hahaha. Okay, I thought that saving that gross belly button cord was not normal. I am LAUGHING so hard at your DD!!! Nail clippings huh? LOL. I have spoken to Sandy a few times -  she is just taking a social media break.

Docket - I am excited for you!! Have a great time this weekend!

Kathryn - Hope today is a bit busier for you. Have a great run tomorrow!

Laura - Nice miles and GREAT news about the hire!! That is a long wait time in-between interview and start date. But YAY for the help!! Do you have any fun plans this weekend??

Lisa - You have a busy weekend! An exhausting one haha. Have fun volunteering and enjoy Katie’s recital! I am a little angry that you have summer Friday’s. LOL at your comment to Karen about throwing your phone Smile Good luck on Sunday!!! Maybe the busy weekend will have some sort of magical effect and you will PR. Smile

Karen - Wow, you are having some really decent weather. Yay for sleeping in! I love it when the pups are tired. I took Ruger 2 days in a row..so he seriously has been sleeping ALL DAY. Which is fine by me, since I have been too. I just looked over at him and his eyes are rolling back in his head. I hope he is dreaming about girl dogs Smile

Okay. I feel much better after talking with everyone! Have a great evening! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

That drive took longer than expected. Just got my packet, hope that's the biggest hiccup for the race, it's the first time. Packet pickup was on the patio of a brewery. The line was in the parking lot. It wasn't terrible, I think the hold up was id check for beer tomorrow. No problem once I got past that, but way too tight of an area.

Crazy Sue, congrats to you and your family!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Crazysue, congrats!

DHuffman63, I just look at the time and stuff my watch in my pocket or wear it. I time that way since I seldom stop during a run.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns