Womens Running

Womens Day FRIDAY!!! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

International Womens Day! Because we are AWESOME, duh. 

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

20.3 for me!!!

Fantastic run for me this morning. I think it was my shoes Smile I wore my new Wave Riders and I could seriously tell a difference right when I started running. I didn't realize how worn my other Wave Riders were! Thinking back, I ran two marathons and many long runs in those! It was time to replace them. The new ones felt like clouds Smile Ran the first 11 miles sans headphones since it was so freakin' early then listened to a podcast the last half. Bathroom break about halfway and a sore hamstring the last couple miles - but other than that - uneventful! Just the way I like them Smile Felt good! I am ready for that rest week now Smile

My to-do list is long today. Hoping for some news...but trying not to get too invested incase its a big NO.

Karen – Awe, I am glad Huckles is okay. I would have asked for a copy of the xray, too. LOL. Better to be safe than sorry! I would have still taken him in just to be sure it didn’t hurt anything on the way out.

Tessa – I thought of you and Margaret this week when your weather was featured on our news. Crazy! Nice miles yesterday! What is next for you? I would LOVE it if you came to GC! Understand if you can’t make it, though. Working remote would definitely be an adjustment – I am pretty disciplined so I think I would be okay. I would just have to set aside a room that is dedicated to office and nothing else (now I want to move to a bigger house Smile ). There may be some areas that would count towards my PMP certification, but it would take a while. May keep track of those hours as well as take some other certifications – LEED is real big in facilities.

Kathryn – Is your hair still super long? I want mine that long. I have been taking Biotin..I want it long for the wedding! It is finally noticeably growing. Okay, so your day off sounds pretty ideal  Smile Your dog was laying in the flower pot?! Smile

Run4kupcakes – A chunk of leather chair, huh? Oh man. If Ruger did that he would be in TROUBLE!! Are you in for snow this evening? I heard North of us.

Sandy - I hope you got home safe and sound!!!

Happy Friday!!! I am feeling good now, but will crash and burn probably about noon. Smile

Woohoo!!! Friyay!!!  DH got home last night. Yay.  Made it to the pool this morning.

OMG!!!!!  I was given KUDOS for that video presentation last week!!!  ME!!!   I NEVER get any kudos.  This was in the HQ All Hands meeting.--it was in the meeting notes sent out to 200+ people in the division!!!   This is BIG!!!  And--it is a month before midterm evals!!  YAY me!!

Karen--you need to FRAME that x-ray!!  Silly dog. At least he was able to pass it and didn't need surgery.

Yikes--just realized I have a 0800 meeting. Gotta go!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh Susan, that is FANTASTIC!!! Congrats!!! Smile

Woohoo!!! Friyay!!!  DH got home last night. Yay.  Made it to the pool this morning.

OMG!!!!!  I was given KUDOS for that video presentation last week!!!  ME!!!   I NEVER get any kudos.  This was in the HQ All Hands meeting.--it was in the meeting notes sent out to 200+ people in the division!!!   This is BIG!!!  And--it is a month before midterm evals!!  YAY me!!

Karen--you need to FRAME that x-ray!!  Silly dog. At least he was able to pass it and didn't need surgery.

Yikes--just realized I have a 0800 meeting. Gotta go!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Susan, CONGRATS! We already knew you deserved it. 

This is SDO because I'm off with DC this afternoon for library volunteer work. We have lots of books to unload.
            Our temps here are supposed to be around 40° early Sunday morning so I'm planning to go out the trail and try to find Sunday Buddy. This is the time of year we try to meet. The time also changes to DST (clocks move ahead). At this time change I feel like I am late to everything for a while.
            Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Trying to wear out the dogs before I go for a run. We played fetch for about 20 minutes until both of them were panting (Huckles doesn't pant much, so getting him to that point is pretty exciting). Then Huckles dropped the ball in the pool. Riley got impatient waiting for it to get to the edge so he went onto the first step and still couldn't reach, then tried to go just a little bit farther out. You could see the instant the momentum took over and he went swimming....it was hilarious. But he got the ball and then swam over to the shallow step to get out, so yay Riley. Now they're playing with each other, but I think they're about to wear out. I'm only going 8 miles and will probably stop back half way through to check on them.

Susan, that is awesome! Congratulations.

Liz, nice job on the 20. You even sped up a little as the run went on. Impressive. I opened up a new box of Wave Riders last week and same thing, what a difference! I got the LEED GA credential when I was with the asphalt association. It was really all I could get without having actual experience or working with other LEED people, which I think you needed to get the AP.

Okay, full on Huckle zoomies right now. I guess this is what happens in the mornings when I'm out running. They are starting to look pretty tired at least. Hopefully running soon.....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Woohoo!!  Boss was busy, so we are not meeting today.

Meeting DD and DGD for lunch.  Smile She is almost walking already!!

Wow Liz!!!  I can't believe you run 20 and THEN go to work!

Karen--I will have to teach Skye how to get out of the pool.  Thankfully, there are steps on both ends. She HATES water, so that will be entertaining.  We'll put the doggie life jacket on her--it has a grab strap on the back. It will be hard to keep Deuce out of the pool when he comes to visit.  Do you have a problem with all the fur in the water?

Smile Best Friday I've had in AGES!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Yes, we are awesome!    Happy Friyay!  Rest day today, and I intend to take full advantage of it.    Not too many plans for the weekend, we have a running team bowling party on Sunday!  I am a horrible bowler.    Older DD has an oral surgery scheduled for the end of the month, she has canines coming in sideways and starting to impact against her front teeth.  They need to cut through her gums to uncover them and try to guide the teeth into place using her braces.  DD chose to have full anesthesia because she is really scared about the procedure.  So it will be through a hospital vs in-office.  Well, the hospital called because insurance will only cover the anesthesia for impacted wisdom teeth.  So it will be $4000 out of pocket just for the anesthesia portion of the procedure.  Awesome!  

Lizzie, I am in awe of your run last night.    Great long run!  I have a new pair of Wave Riders in the box, I was planning on breaking them out when we get more decent weather so I wouldn't get them all wet and dirty.  Now I am thinking I should give them a try.    Hoping for good news for you!!  Yes, I was also surprised that my legs were recovered enough to do the goal pace workout.  I have alternating weeks where I have to do the 10K pace workout on Tues and the goal pace workout on Thurs.  I guess it will make my legs stronger.  Or kill me.  

Sue, congrats on the kudos!  This was the presentation that you thought went badly?  

Judy, enjoy the warmer weather!

Karen, haha, thinking about the Huckles Zoomies!    I am glad that things "came out" well with the bolt!  

Kat, "killed Barney", eh?    Galapagos?!  That is awesome!  Did I mention that I am going to Toledo next month?  

Tessa, yes, generally once the weather warms up the TM is lonely until winter.    My TM has gotten a lot more use this year than normal!  Our winter has just been really bad this year!  I guess it may be OK if I ran on the street, but I've never felt comfortable about running in the street.

Damaris, the solo Disney trip sounds awesome!  Nice run last night!

Lori, yes, the weather fluctuations have been bad.  Especially creating all the puddles, slush, and ice!  I can't wait for the sidewalks to be clear!!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  I have Pilates and the 6 miles I missed on Wednesday.  Working at the office and putting Breathe essential oil on the difuser to see if I can breathe through the mold infestation, lol.

Happy Day, us!

Liz, nice job on the run.  Good luck with the job.

Susan, yay. Congrats.!

Judy, good luck with all those books.

Karen, I could see what was going to happen even before you said it.  Textbook dog goofiness! <3

Cathy, enjoy the rest day.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Cathy, we are opposites, I don't feel comfortable running on the sidewalk! Our streets are asphalt and fairly smooth, the sidewalks are concrete and poured in sections and many of the sections settle or get pushed up by roots as the years go on so there are small lips at unpredictable intervals. I catch my toes on those all too easily. My worst falls have mostly been on sidewalks or other uneven surfaces, though there was a bad fall over a stationary bike at the gym (cracked kneecap) and another at a trail race in Maryland (probable broken ribs). I would much rather run in the street.

Susan, that is great! Congratulations. And I don't think you're going to be able to keep Deuce out of the pool. He's a lab. They were bred for water!

Kat, I would imagine being the woman with the purple hair makes it easy for others to find you.

Liz, 20 miles before work? What ungodly time did you get up?

Karen, I posted yesterday before reading your update. Glad the bolt made its reappearance. (There's a bad joke in there about bolts usually showing up in conjunction with nuts...however I presume Huckles has been neutered.)  Hee on Riley learning the hard way about overextension. Good thing he can swim.

Judy, hope you find Sunday Buddy this weekend! Yes it is clock change day.

Damaris, does essential oil on the diffuser help alleviate mold or something?

2 miles this morning, I had to run an errand before going to the bus stop. OK, the errand did involve donuts for the office. But I didn't eat any, and they had my favorite bran/raisin/walnut muffins and I didn't buy one. Trying to consume sugar and alcohol in great moderation during Lent, I won't say I'm giving them up entirely. But not just eating or drinking because it's there.

Sis just texted me. She is looking at the ad for an apartment (not thinking about moving in, this is in conjunction with her job). Among the statements in the rental ad:

Pets OK with restrictions:

CATS:

$25 pet fee per month per pet

2 pets maximum per apartment

100 pound weight limit

Must be spayed or neutered

Must be declawed

DOGS:

$25 pet fee per month per pet

2 pets maximum per apartment

100 pound weight limit

Must be spayed or neutered

Must be DNA tested ($99 at time of application to rent) to verify no aggressive breed heritage

1) Any cat nearing the 100 pound weight limit isn't a house cat, it's a bloody mountain lion!

2) Must be declawed? Uh, NO. Deal breaker right there. Even for inside cats.

3) So if the dog has any No-No breed in it, the dog is not welcome? No mention of the individual dog's behavior or training.

So wrong in so many ways.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It helps me breathe better so I'm putting it so I can work here until 3:30pm.  Essential oils do not cure shit, but some of them do help with my breathing (it has eucalyptus and peppermint which do open my nose).  I noticed if I don't have it on, I start coughing.  T-2 hours for me to leave and not return physically here until the 22nd.

Damaris

Seloc

Question:  The number of emails you will return to after 2 weeks PTO

Answer:  What is 2376?

Yep, back in the frozen tundra!  And, yep, that was no exaggeration on the emails.  Though I only had to really read 822.  First pass done in just over 5 hours so taking a short break.  Also fading fast.  Was awake at Lizzie hour so just got up and did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned and vacuumed before TRX/Kettle Bell class at 5:30.

Trip was spectacular in every way.  A much needed respite from winter.  Everyone, and I do mean everyone around here, is very VERY over it.  And we have 6-10 coming tomorrow.  At least it is supposed to warm up next week - temps in the 30s.  It just does not seem possible it will ever melt!  Then the overnight refreeze is going to go on for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time.  How I EVER thought I could train for a spring marathon is just crazy.

Didn't do much exercise at all over the last two weeks except some long walks.  Will probably be sore from class.  Day 1 HALF training for GC starts tomorrow.  Planning to get out there early before the snow starts.  Then have a wedding shower to go to in the northern 'burbs.  Ugh.  Since the girl lives out of town and is coming in for this (her sisters are throwing it) I would feel LAME calling a snow day.  Especially since I drive a Jeep.

Lizzie - man, LOTS going on in your world!  Congrats on the interviews and good luck!  I'm with others - VERY nice to have the flexibility to work from home but I would go stir crazy doing it full time.  I need to get out in the world.  Killer training for you as always!  Keep it up!  I'm excited to cheer you on at GC.  Oh, and from another day - 14lbs?!  Aren't your pants falling off??  I would need a new wardrobe!!

Kat - I laughed at killing Barney LOL.  Also was wishing I was more like you and could leave the unpacking.  I just cannot relax until it's done!  Hence the early morning craziness.

Tessa - really nice to meet you IRL!  Thanks for hanging around a bit longer at the glamorous LAX on a Friday eve.  That place is nutty.  Or, at least, Terminal 3 is where I was hanging for a few hours yesterday.  I should really follow your lead re: Lent resolutions.

Karen - awesome training for you as well!  Awww Huckles.  Too funny about the bolt.  Glad it wasn't serious!

Laura - SO GLAD you were able to get out of the tundra for a bit!  Hope your break was as restorative as mine!

Cathy - another one killing the training!  You'll be able to finish the half, grab a shower and lunch and then come see me shuffle in.  Are you guys getting any of this next big wollop?

Damaris - that is AWFUL about the mold in your office!  Are you able to WFH while they do something about it or is that PTO?

Sue - woohoo congrats on the work kudos and awesome Friday!

Sorry for the lame shouts - I know I have forgotten some - just know I am thinking of you all!  My brain is a fog.  Should be back to regular posting on Monday!  Happy almost weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Probably not allowed to WFH or anything. Which is why I'll be lenient in matters I go to court and go to everything to be out of here, lol.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Probably not allowed to WFH or anything. Which is why I'll be lenient in matters I go to court and go to everything to be out of here, lol. Glad you are back!

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Judy – Aw, its time for runs with Sunday buddy again!!  Yay! That must be the “official” arrival of Spring Smile Enjoy your rest day!

Karen – Aw, Yay for Riley!!! I hope Huckles behaved himself while you were out for your run! I am smiling thinking of Huckles doing the zoomies. How long are you going this weekend?

Cathy – Bowling party?! Aw, that will be fun! I am not much of a bowler either. Oh man, that sucks about the $4,000! I would SO be with DD on that and would want full anesthesia. Man, that’s awfully expensive though. I guess my run was technically at night, right? 2:20am – haha. It actually wasn’t even that hard to wake up at that time! I was tossing and turning most of the night so was practically awake anyway. Those workouts will def make your legs stronger!! Hey, Toledo is going to be an exciting trip  Smile Are you in a neighborhood? I tend to run smack in the middle of the road in my neighborhood. No one is out at the hour im out there…I only go to the side or sidewalk when a car is coming.

Susan – Yay for an awesome day!!! You deserve it  Smile

Docket – Good luck on the run tonight! Are you going on vacation until t he 22nd or just a lot of court?!

Tessa – Nice miles and way to go on not giving in to temptation with the donuts! That is tough to do. Apartments are really strict on animals! God forbid you have a pitbull or even a mix of one and they won’t let you move in. Its crazy. I woke up around 2am. Yup, crazy over here.

SSSAANNNDDDYYYY!!!! I am so so glad you had a great time!! I loved following your amazing pictures. I am sorry you have to go back to the frozen tundra, but at least you were able to escape for a little while! I imagine you are probably going to go through some jetlag. That is so many emails. I hope a lot of it is already taken care of?? No new wardrobe just yet..my belt is on the first hole and I will keep using it until I am forced to buy new clothes – haha. I MISSED YOU!!!  Smile

This day is DRAGGING. I am ready to go!!!