Womens Running

FRIYAY (dailies) (Read 15 times)

Kilmisters

Next Friday I'll already be packing for Estonia trip <3 Meanwhile, our health system/capacity is not in a good state... Planned surgeries are getting cancelled left & right; certain sections of non-Covid related hospitals are getting reorganized to handle potential further surge. Bleh..

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

HCK, it's interesting how so many people find TM running easier, for me it feels forced + there's the factor of less oxygen vs outdoors... As for iron, the most effective supplements are liquid (glass capsules), but they taste awful. Hopefully, your issues resolve!

Margaret - busy & unproductive - me and DH have a term for it - hamster state. Putting in tons of energy, but not moving forward, just spinning a pointless wheel (:

Seems like I have done smth to annoy the Holy God of IT this week, NOTHING is working. ERRORS everywhere. SO many tickets submitted to IT. So many ''guys, can you check from your side; from my side everything seems correct''. So many to-do-list items just STUCK. Indeed a hamster-state (:

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Ran the usual 3.5 miles this morning. The past couple of runs have been ok, so I think I will try to add an extra loop on the next one. What a difference 30 degrees makes! I don't need walk breaks!

Ever since I met DH he has been wanting a 1966 Mustang. He and his family had several many years ago. The other night one came up for sale -- she is now tucked into our garage. Hubster is happy as a clam.  Me too--he needs a hobby, besides watching me all the time. Money well spent.

Elina--that Facedesk pic pretty much sums up my week.  LOL

Boss was out yesterday for appointments and she cancelled today's meeting due to the Nor'easter that hit the coast last night. Thank you, weather gods! Another quiet day is most welcome.

Damaris--love the pilates room to be! Right now the real estate market here is crazy hot! Nice that you are not in a hurry to sell --yet.

Better get to work. I'm answering emails and writing y'all at the same time -- that is just asking for something goofy to happen.

Smile

ccoakley

Gatsby, sorry about your breathing issues too, hope it's nothing and that you have a more productive day today.

HCK, I find the TM easier too.  Hope you get some answers soon.

Kilmisters, hope you can get all your IT issues fixed.

Sue, nice on the run without walk breaks and the quiet day at work.

So I've been put on rest until Mon.  I started feeling shortness of breath even when not running and Dr Google said that symptom after the vaccine warrants a dr visit. Mainly I was worried that if I kept running I'd make whatever this is worse but wanted an actual diagnosis before resorting to such extreme measures of no running.  Went to urgent care this morning and only after my covid test came back neg would anyone talk to me about it being anything other than covid.  Best guess is that it's my body's immune response to the vaccine and if after a few days of complete rest it doesn't go away she gave me contact info for someone to follow up with.

We do have a lot planned this weekend so at least I'll have other things to distract me.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Kilmisters

CC, well, resorting to no-running extremes sucks, but at least it's good to know that 1) it's not Covid 2) your immune system is responding well. I hope it goes away, and am sure it will - the % risk of mycarditis or similar s*** from vaccine seems lower than a brick falling on your head during a walk.

Maaan, this week has been frustrating. No one said reorganisation was going to be easy, especially with me multitasking in all directions, but yeah... Oh well. C'est la vie. At least stuff w DH is slowly, but constantly moving the right direction, but it's been such a rollercoaster during the last 6 months or so that I don't want to make any rash conclusions.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Considered gettting up early to run on the treadmill. Yea, not happening when it's dark & rainy. It's been raining most of the day and super windy. We live on the top of a hill, so no flooding here, but flooding is a problem near the water. Even last night, high tide was coming up over some piers. My county closed schools, which has been a really popular decision. Basically, the worst flooding will be close to the bay in the eastern part of the county. We already have a special zone for cold weather in the northern part of the county, why there isn't one for coastal flooding is beyond me. Guess I'll run after I finish working.

Kilmisters, I got some iron/vit C gummies that have the usual dose as a multi prior to having the blood work done.  They are gross. It's a weird cross between metallic & blood, mixed with raspberry.  Are any of the IT issues related to the re-org?

CrazySue, very cool about DH getting the Mustang.

ccoakely, the list of things that could be covid symptoms covers basically any problem under the sun. Hopefully the rest does the trick & your immune system calms down.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I made it to my official day off so I enjoyed it by waking up early for PT, then lunch and a massage. Ran 3 in the middle but I was exhausted and I had nothing left.

Elina, ugh on the errors!

Susan, we want to sell it after moving out just because we are afraid the market will cool, ha. But not in a hurry to sell before this sale. But maybe by the end of the year.

CC, hugs. Hoping you feel better soon.

HCK, good luck with the running.

Damaris

LC Runs

Yay for Friyay is right!

My day actually wasn't too bad, just busy. At least no major drama occured!

3.6 this morning in the rain.  The temp was not bad, so it was doable. The worst was the darkness, I got back at 8:20 am and it was still freaking dark.  One more week then we change the clocks so I am looking forward to that!

Elina - yay for Estonia but oh boy on the covid problems.  It just seems like a never-ending nightmare... and I completely agree with your meme!

Sue - nice run and glad DH is happy and occupied!

CC - sorry you aren't feeling well.  When did you get the booster?  I have to see if I can get one yet, last time I looked it was only available for 1A people (at least, in my town).  I am a bit worried about side effects, but I did okay with the last set so crossing fingers!

Kathi - stay safe, I am not looking forward to treadmill weather, I don't know if I can even do it this winter.  I'm thinking I may just up the weights and then run a couple of evenings and then weekends.

Damaris - glad you had an enjoyable day and so cool about the house - I love the Pilates room!

Okay, best get dinner going and then I am curling up on the couch with netflix!