Womens Running

Lobster TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Its National Lobster Day!! I guess Sandy is in the right place today Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.3 for me. Body Pump after work!

This run was a bit of a struggle for me. Probably because it was back in the 70 DP's again. Summer is back for a few days. I am surprised it wasn't a better run, I was running out some anger. Wink

Not much going on here. Living the dream............

Tessa – You have a treadmill desk?!

Kilmisters – I would rather have the freedom!! I had freedom with my previous boss (the one who hired me) and it was great! You bring in the boss man when needed. Mammel tries to stick his nose in everything. He will ask me to reply back to an “urgent” email but then does it. How do you expect me to do my job? Whatever. Pay me to do nothing then! I used a lot of this anger on my run this morning haha. But it kinda just made me grumpy. SNOW?! WTH!!!  Nice miles yesterday in 50 degrees!! JEALOUS.

Kathryn – Good news on the meeting! Hope it goes well! Let us know.

Sandy – Enjoy your last day!! Safe travels home. GLOVES? Do I need to pack some?!

Run4kupcakes – Nice treadmill run yesterday!

Happy Tuesday!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I met with my running buddy right away. We did a 40 minute run together, then she struck out on her own to finish. We had a good time.

Today I plan a run out the trail. It’s been raining a lot, but it’s letting up now. I'd best dash.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks for killing me, Liz, with lobster, ha.  Way to anaphylactic my day.

I have Pilates and most likely my RD since Tuesdays have been turning into a shit show. We'll see.  Everybody is here already and my makeup is on point and my poodle hair is pulled back.

Liz, nice run.

Judy, enjoy the trail.

Damaris

No run. Pouring rain this morning and I don't have time for a tm run at the gym before work. See how this afternoon goes.

Lizzie--good luck on the caterer. And mom.

I'm just in a funk the past couple of days. Could it be because my boss had me write a proposal to end the program that my job is based on???

Later

ginnyb

pouring rain and storms here this morning also.

Ankle no better, but no worse either.  I am waiting to see Dr. if in a few more days it is no better I will go.

I could go for some lobster!  Lizzie, so sorry you are unhappy at work.  When you aren't happy at your job it is miserable. As for the gloves, I would say pack them, you never know this time of year!

Judy, I have a feeling you may not have made it to the trail this morning.

Sue...sorry about the funk.  Working for a living sucks!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No run. Pouring rain this morning and I don't have time for a tm run at the gym before work. See how this afternoon goes.

Lizzie--good luck on the caterer. And mom.

I'm just in a funk the past couple of days. Could it be because my boss had me write a proposal to end the program that my job is based on???

Later

Ugh, I hope it is not approved.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Wow Susan your boss is a piece of work. Unless she has plans for another project then that's the most insensitive thing I've ever heard of. There are a huge amount of not politically correct ways I'd be tempted to respond with.

Lizzie while I love lobster, shrimp and crab legs they no longer love me, I'd be like Damaris and have an incredible allergic reaction.  What sucks is I grew up eating lobster when we lived in NH we got it fresh, shrimp when I lived in FL but 5 years ago my body went into revolt and I'm now allergic to shellfish and peanuts.  God knows what else I'll discover by accident some day.

I'm considering going to the gym at lunch and getting in 3.  I got a pair of trial hearing aids and they are Bluetooth so I want to check out listening to music and/or a podcast.  Then I hope to get in 5 tonight after work.  PH is coming up soon and BB is looming so I'm trying to get in some longer weeks.  If I do, good, if not it'll just be a sufferfest and I'll just power through it.

Happy birthday Elina!

Judy hope you can get the trail in.

Ginny sorry you still hurt.  I'd definitely go see a doctor.

I went grocery shopping at Walmart yesterday evening and OMG I hate people.  Some lady had a screaming kid and I could hear it all over the store.  Then when I got home I tripped coming in the door and now have a nice bruise on my right hand and knee.  Not sure I'm ready to do any rooty, rocky runs when I can't even cross a threshold without tripping.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

8.5 miles today, with intervals (10x500m with 500m recovery, 500m is about .31 miles).  Dark and very foggy.  I'm glad this is the last interval workout for this phase of training, I really don't like doing intervals in the dark!  Heard a lot of sirens and saw something that looked like a big fire on the horizon.  That was a bit scary.  DD had her first CC practice yesterday afternoon, they had to run 6 minutes.    DD ran with the fastest boy and she said she did not run hard.  They had a quarter mile course and she was lapping the other girls.  She didn't even bother changing into running shoes, she was wearing jean shorts and Converse sneakers.  

Elina, happy birthday!  I don't mind temps in the 30's and 40's.  Though when it starts getting colder than that and it's windy then it can be pretty miserable!  The depressing thing is that if I continue to run outside it will be mostly in the dark.

Lizzie, we cannot get good lobstah here.    The last time I had lobster was when we went to visit my brother in Boston.  The humidity was back here too, though it was only about 60.

Damaris, hope the day isn't too much of a shit show.   

Sue, what?!?  Your boss is unbelievable.

Ginny, hope the ankle improves!

Diane, hope the hearing aids work well!  Screaming kids in stores are awesome.

Sandy, hope you enjoy your last day in Boston and have a safe trip home!   That is a lot of walking.  Glad the booty feels better!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am just going to leave this here and back away slowly...

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, I do not have a treadmill desk, but there is one available for use. We have to reserve it through the receptionist. It has a console on which a laptop may sit, there's Wi-Fi in the room. I'm getting used to it. Like I said...it goes at a max of 2 mph.

I miss the gym downstairs.

And YES pack gloves. TCM can be chilly, especially early in the morning. Bring a pair and either toss or tuck in your shorts in case you need them later -- at Detroit Ginny dropped hers when it warmed up and then wished she had them at mile 20. They're light and small, and they make a cold run much more enjoyable. (Also, if the porta pottie is out of TP, you can sacrifice a glove with less hassle than it takes to remove your sock and put your shoe back on.)

Kat, hope the meeting goes well!

Elina, snow?! Wow. That run sounds very chilly. Glad you warmed up with tea and blankets.

Damaris, glad the hair is tamed at least! Avoid the lobster.

Seems to be raining everywhere but here. Sorry Judy, Ginny, Susan...

And Susan, that is a miserable thing to do to someone. Not to mention shortsighted and demoralizing. Diane summed it up better than I could.

Diane, I can't imagine developing an allergy to peanuts in midlife. I love them. Sorry you tripped!

And Cathy, good point -- if you have hearing aids you can control the annoyance from the screaming kids. Good work on DD's part.

3.8 this morning with RN and her pupster. Millie is getting better behaved, I think, though RN says she is still rambunctious some of the time. Millie does like a morning run -- though she is disappointed when RN will not let her stop and sniff as much as she wants.

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I ended up running 8 speedier miles yesterday, stopping home every couple miles to check on the dogs. Huck does much better with Riley around than when he's stuck by himself, so we've started leaving him out for short periods when we're not here. Keeping the office and bedroom doors closed so he's only got tile floors, until he figures out stairs. And so far he's done really well. They play hard, but then they sleep hard. This morning I ran 5 easy, will probably run more tonight at my group's last hill workout. We move to the track next Tuesday.

Liz, if they weather pattern holds I may end up wearing capris for TCM. Since I won't be pushing the pace I may need more clothes.

Susan, that's pretty awful. I think it would be hard to do a good job on that proposal!

Cathy, love how DD totally killed it at CC without even chaining into running shoes. And in jean shorts.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Judy – Its raining everywhere!!! So over it.

Docket – Opps! No lobster for you! Good luck with the big wigs! You need to move.

Ginny – Smart to wait and see the doctor. Maybe you just pulled something funny? Yes, hating your job makes life miserable! Ugh!

Susan – WTF. W.T.F. Seriously?! That is so demeaning!!! WHAT! My jaw is on the ground right now. I am so sorry.

Diane – Wow, that stinks about the shellfish and peanuts! I have heard of that happening all of the sudden though. I hope it doesn’t happen to me. I eat a lot of seafood and nuts (that’s what she said). Hearing aids with Bluetooth? That sounds pretty cool. No pun intended. I hate going into Walmart!!! Sorry about the trip!

Cathy – Wow nice dark interval run this morning! It is hard doing speedwork in dark. I am exciting for Fall back so we get some daylight – at least for a little while! That is really scary about the fire! I had to smile at DD..6 minutes to her – that is nothing! In converse sneakers?! GO GIRL!! She is going to be the team star Smile

Tessa – That is pretty sweet about the treadmill desk. Even though its slow, its nice that you have the option to use one!  Nice run this morning! I always want to take Ruger running with me..I would have to train him.

Karen – Nice run this morning. Good luck on the last hill workout! Capris for TCM!? Hmm….guess it depends if it is raining, too. I was hoping shorts – but I will always take colder!!

Body Pump soon. Have a good afternoon everyone!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh, and we have a caterer now! My mom sent the contract and deposit off today. I think we have a break for a little while now! Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Fancy you said that, Liz.  Not sure if I told you I was sent the rejection email from both Seattle and Portland.  Then, the next day, they reopened Seattle.  I said I was not going to reapply, but...oops.

Damaris