Cupcake Connoisseur

Wednesday already?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

leaving for the airport now. 3:30am...ugh! I ate, I ran and I enjoyed my boo thang. 😀 We miss our Ruger buddy! But I have a feeling our story isn’t done here yet 😉

last night we went to this ice cream place..omg. Salted caramel ice cream..SO GOOD. YUM!!! I need to get back on the diet train!

Tessa - I’m laughing out loud at the colonoscopy comment. Who wakes up and decides “I want to look up peoples butts for a living”. Hahaha. And nope - no fess up yet from the race!

Hope everyone has a good day! We should be home around 11am! Hopefully I’ll be sleeping after my happy drugs 😀! Man, I really need to call out tomorrow.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Gameday!! Starting against Slovakian champions

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

LC Runs

Good Morning!!

Free evening tonight so I will run a few miles then.

DS team won last night, exciting game!  I was wrong about it being the District Championship, they actually play that Thursday evening since they're moving on.  Fun way to finish his last season 

Lizzie - safe travels home, give Ruger lots of loving!!

Elina - whoo hoo, good luck tonight!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday when I woke I didn’t have much enthusiasm to run but suited up anyway. Since I had slept in, I decided to keep going. My run turned out to be a great 90 minute one. Weather was beautiful and Fall. I even saw a turtle out the trail. It withdrew into its shell at my approach. The Great Blue Heron was snoozing in the sun at the lake.

There has been improvement with the right knee and downhills although it is taking a while for the inner thigh muscles to get stronger.

Today I plan to run out the trail. It will probably be a light easy run since yesterday was a long run.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning ladies.

Lizzie, so glad you had a nice time.  Thoughts on racing Richmond instead of just running it??

Elina, good luck tonight.

Laura, congrats to your DS.

Judy, isn't it great when you don't want to run and it turns out fab.

I have to say, some of you ladies are crazy!  It is 48 out here and it is COLD!  I might have to wear tights, jacket, and gloves for my morning run!  OK, maybe just a long sleeve shirt.  Wink  Gonna look like a dork out there as I am going to wear both watches.  New to see if it works, and old to figure out how it works in case I wear that one instead.

Looks like the forecast for MCM is pretty much a done deal, about 76 but partly cloudy.  Rain is creeping into Monday, let's hope it stays there.

I AM getting excited!!!  I need to start getting ready - cleaning and packing.  My flight leaves 5:30am on Friday.  Ugh.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Wednesday already???

Dog walk + core this morning.  Foot felt a little swollen from yesterday's run. It didn't hurt, but I could tell my shoe was a little tight. I should ride this afternoon but IDK if that will actually happen.  I don't think knitting group will meet tonight, but I am working on a quilted banner for church and have about 10 days to finish and I have barely started so I need to work on that this afternoon.

Huron---you quilt too?? I love to quilt and knit.

Diet-- I have no idea what happened, but I am up 3-5 lbs and could not get my skinny jeans on this morning.  Ugh!!!  So not fair!! Blame it on the cheesecake!!

Have a great day!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Well...such a deep subject.  Got the rental a newer  model Impala...What?  It's what I would call an old lady car.  Nice tho, leather seats and I'm figuring out all the doodads.  Talked to DH last night and he was Go for it as to doing the race so looks like I'm on.  I have a bruised left shin but not bad and the left side of my body is a little sore but I'll give walking tonight a go and see how that feels.  I do have poles and they are allowed so may just bring them in case.  Weather is getting icky...60/77 40% chance rain, with AM t storms, S winds at 15 mph and 75% humidity. Oh well ultras aren't supposed to be easy.

Lizzie so glad you had a good time.

Elina, yay on the game.

Laura, congrats to DS on the soccer and good luck for Thur.

I've yet to do the colonoscopy thing...I'm going to wait until I'm 55...lol.

Judy glad you had a nice run after all.

Hi to everyone...will try and comment more later.

Seloc

Rest day for me.  Stayed up to watch This Is Us last night since I knew I could sleep in a bit today.  One more run tomorrow before MCM on Sunday – woot!  Like Kupcakes mentioned, weather keeps looking slightly better.  Still too warm to marathon but manageable.  I’m excited for the trip!  Oh!  Tracked down the spare garage door opener.  One of the cat sitters finally looked in her glove box.  Now to get it back – she’s not the most responsive person in the world.  Weather here is phenomenal.  Sunny and 70*s all week.  15* warmer than normal but I’ll take it!!

Judy – sleet balls?  That sounds painful haha

Laura – how did the boys do last night?  Ah, yes, home games are MUCH better.  You live a bit rural, right?  Does that mean away games are all pretty far away and not just across town?  My sister in Bis, their away games can be 3 or more hours away!  That’s just crazy to me.  When I was in high school, farthest away game was probably 40min living in the ‘burbs.  Nice job on the squats!!

Ginny – glad you had a nice weekend away!  How’s the neck and shoulder feeling?

Lizzie – great job on the recovery run yesterday.  Wowzers, it sounded painful.  Hope you walked around a bunch yesterday to keep things loose.  I’m SO HAPPY you’ve had such a nice vacation.  You both deserved it so much.  Jewelry store??  Hmmmmmm  That’s so cute about everyone at King and I.  There is a King and I Thai place here, too, that’s soooooooooo good.  I’ve never been to that side of WI and want to go!  I just KNEW you would like it there.  Do tell about all your eats!

Diane – how are you feeling today?  Glad USAA hooked you up!

Kat – I think you will be fine at MCM!  The corals are on your honor, right?  Not sure where my RB and I will line up – either 4:30-5 or 5-5:30.  You need to join us!  Always better to hang with a pal standing at a start line wondering why one PAYS to do this haha.  Or, maybe that’s just me.

Carol – Happy Birthday!  Oh no on the sickness!  Nice you were able to get a great run in before it struck.

Lori – oh, man, that’s HARD to do a time trial 1)by yourself and 2)in the middle of marathon training!

Sue – persimmons?  Hmmm – I’ve never tried.  Is it a fruit?  Will have to check with the Google.

Elina – OMG, gramma here used to just come home, shower and go to bed after late volleyball games.  So hard to eat that late!  But, hey, you get to sleep in today, right?  Good luck to your team today!!

Karen – whoa, you’re are getting everything checked out on the bod – nice work.  Takes so much time but leaves a feeling of accomplishment – well, for me anyway haha  Weird about the swollen lymph node.  Wonder what that is?  A few years back, both of mine below my ears were like ping pongs.  I had no other symptoms and felt absolutely fine.  Never had them checked and after a week, they went back to normal.  Weirdness.  I’ve heard of that boo’d thing.  But, like DH, glad I don’t have to participate haha

Damaris – that is a GREAT finish line pic!!

HCK – nice miles especially with a  stuffy head!  Hey, thanks for the weather update – I’ve been sorta avoiding it but looked again when I read your post.  Yep, looking better for sure.  Still too warm but at least manageable.

HH – another crafty one!  I don’t have a crafty bone in my body.  When is the wedding?

Tessa – yeah, I think the Ragnar race will be canceled but they alluded to some type of relief effort.  Waiting (not so) patiently for the next update due by Friday.  I didn’t know Southwest was so forgiving in flight changes!  Unfortunately, not too many options with that airline from MSP.  It’s all about Delta in these parts – for better or worse.

Lizzie2 – safe flight!  OMG that is early!  Did you fly right into MKE?  Small airport?  Makes it easier/faster to get in/out.  My favorite thing about tiny little Bis.  Have a LOVELY nap today!!

Elina2 – cool pic!  GO TEAM GO!!

Laura2 – ignore my question above haha – congrats to DS!  Super fun they are going for district champs!  Good luck to them.  How far away is the game?

Judy2 – isn’t it funny the times with not much enthusiasm to get out there and it ends up being great?  90min?!  That’s awesome!  Yes, light and easy for you today, lady, after that long one yesterday.  Enjoy!

Kat2 – hahahahahaha on 48 being COLD.  You Texan you!!  OMG, nooooooooo on all those clothes.  Shorts and short sleeves!!  Haha.  You are going to rock MCM – glad you are getting excited!!  OMG, that’s early on Fri – we leave about noon, I think.  Oh!  My RB suggested we head to the expo from the airport since it’s sorta on the way.  Our flight gets in about 5.  Let me know if you are interested in meeting up there!  Otherwise Sat for sure.  This will be my very first Internet friend meeting.  Or FE, as the cool people say.

Gotta hop on a TOUGH customer call here in about 11 min.  Hope it isn’t as bad as I anticipate!  Happy Hump Day, peeps!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Kat, I sure hope you and Sandy have fun at MCM.  I have a feeling you will do a fantastic job.

Hi Sandy, just a little sore and a terrible headache and slept for crap last night but I didn't take any benedryl or zyrtec so allergies could be bothering me.

Damaris, all I take are the beta blockers for my HR and BP and then zyrtec as needed.  I switch between that and the benedryl and/or allegra as I get used to one or the other and have to switch it up.  If I don't I have a constant runny nose, cough and just feel miserable.  I'm going to see if I can't get a referral to an ENT to see if I have some sinus issue causing this.  God, it sucks getting older.

Karen, nice you are getting the doc visits out of the way.  I have a wonderful GP and would hate if she retired or left.  I wanted to check my kidney, thyroid and other things via blood tests after Pumpkin and she's like sure, I'll put in the orders.  So Monday I'll check to see what all damage a 50k might or might not have done.  I wanted to do it Friday as a baseline but I have recent tests to go off of.

Hi Carol, are you not feeling well?  I missed that.

ginnyb

Trainer cancelled on me this morning, he forgot he had to be at a local high school early this morning.  I was a little disappointed, as it was too late to run, but that's ok.  I did 66 squats and some wall sits.  Not a substitute, but at least I did something.

Karen....I have to get a colonoscopy every 5 years, I have colon cancer in my family and the prep makes me sick every time!  I usually can't even finish the dose, but they do it anyway with no problem.  I have a lymph node in the back of my neck that swells and itches like crazy at times, I find that weird, but there is nothing wrong .  I would enjoy the boo bag, Halloween is my day!

Diane....so glad you have decided to do Pumpkin.  I know what you mean about the old lady car, but it's only temporary.

Judy...nice run and we didn't get any sleet here, thank goodness.

Sue...sorry about the skinny jeans not fitting, that is such a bummer, hate that, and it happens frequently to me too.

Elina...good luck.

Liz.....hope you have safe travels today.  Wonderful that you two had such a good time.

LC....Yay on the soccer win!

Kats and Sandy...so exciting about MCM!

Sandy...I watched This is Us this morning, absolutely love that show!  My neck is still a little ouchy when I turn to the left, so I don't do that!

Carol...feel better!

There is a new race in my town this year, the "Halloween Hustle", you can do a one mile, 5K or 15K, I am thinking about the 15K, it is next weekend.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

MCM already?? It feels like Oct should just be starting.   Good luck, Kat and Sandy!!  I loved that race. It was so neat to run in the city and here were numerous inspiring people participating.  It was also really well organized.

Carol, have you found your race yet?  Happy birthday!!

Diane, that is a total bummer about your car.  I'm glad you're going to do Pumpkin.

Tessa, I also laughed at your comment about checking the stool guaiac cards. We checked stools for blood often when I worked in ICU and didn't think twice about checking the the cards (it's just putting a drop of developer and watching color), though having to collect the sample was sometimes a bit gross.

Laura, congrats to your son!  That's a great way to finish his senior year!

Sandy, good luck with the tough conference call.  LOL on your comments to Kat's comments on it being cold.

Margaret, I'm sure you're missing the core work terribly. I would be.    I usu do 10 squats a day and occ do a later set of 10 in Laura's honor.  I used to do some token core a few days a week, but have slacked off on even that.  Good to see that you're running some!

HH, what quilt are you doing?  It's exciting that you have a family wedding coming up.

Waves to everyone else!  I have a lot to do...sorry to folks I missed. Have a great day!!

I walked at a park I discovered yesterday.  It's mostly concrete and >half hour away, so I won't go there often, but it was fun to explore a new spot! I'm enjoying the weather and am going for  5 in a bit.  Quilting group meets this afternoon and I'm happy to be here for it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sheesh, you ladies are chatty!

Morning! I have 4 miles tonight and my dad is arriving from PR today.  I can't wait to see him, although he already warned me he's lost 12-15lbs since the hurricane. Sad

Lizzie, enjoy the rest and can't wait for you to see Ruger.

Elina, go, Elina, go!

Laura, enjoy the miles tonight.

Judy, enjoy the trail. I love when runs turn to being the best part of the day even when we didn't want to start them.

Kathryn, 48?  That's like arm warmer weather, tops!

Susan, hoping the foot feels better.

Diane, glad you are able to do the race.  Good luck!  Yeah, I used all those and was miserable between the high BP and asthma.  I still use FLuonase at night for the nose, so maybe try something like instead of Zyrtec?

Sandy, enjoy the rest day.

Ginny, boo at the canceled training session.

Camille, enjoy the 5.

Good luck to our MCM ladies!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Weather is looking better for the weekend. Now it's low 70s and low humidity.  Not ideal for MCM, but better than the earlier forecasts.

Anonymous Guest

Quick check-in as it's 10 am and I haven't run yet! I really wanted to do my long run today while it's in the 50s, but I kind of overdid my speedwork with the group yesterday because I felt good. So I should probably not do another hard effort today. So instead I slept until 8, then got caught up with a bunch of stuff online. Apparently I don't suck at this coaching thing as I am suddenly busy. Oh, I did get my speedy neighbor his plan last week and he is super excited about it.

Funny This Is Us story - I saw a bunch of picture on fb that a friend of mine since kindergarten posted (she's the only person that went to the same school as me from kindergarten all the way through college) of her trip to CA. She had some pictures from the This Is Us set, and some other pictures that had Toby but not fat in them (did you know he wears a fat suit on the show?). Turns out my friend's older sister that used to babysit me sometimes and also taught me baton twirling, has a daughter that is married to Toby in real life!

For the MCM ladies, I thought of a tip I was given and used my first MCM that I would pass on. The farther back you get at the start, the more crowded it gets, especially at the earlier aid stations. If you don't normally carry your own stuff in marathons (and I don't), bring just a disposable bottle of water that you can carry and drink instead of trying to weave through the crowds getting water and stopping and cutting in front of other and all that annoying stuff through the first couple aid stations at least. Then just throw it out and go with the aid stations once things start to spread out a little.

Okay, personals later. It's still in the 60s so I want to go run a few easy miles at least.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel