Womens Running

Get your motor running Monday - Supermoms (Read 22 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - a successful day all around yesterday as Sam, Emma and Amy all PR'd their races, I hit my pace dead on and DH ran 10K for the first time.

ER - ST, probably kettlebells, which have been neglected recently.

TR - got to ride a school bus (shuttle to/from the race finish) and he was in heaven.

FR - frozen pizza, salad.  Also, I am out of coffee. Shocked

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - USRD - my knee is feeling significantly better, but still not 100%.  I spent a lot of time rolling, stretching and icing yesterday and I will do the same today.  It's a cutback week anyway/

NRR - going to see my new little nephew today.  We were unable to go to his baptism yesterday, but I'm excited to meet him today.

FR - round steak, rice, roasted carrots

KR - DD2 was up at 520 and she is soooo loud.  I am shocked the other two kids aren't awake.  Our house is only 1000 sqft and she is yelling and running around like a maniac!

zorbs - awesome running by everyone yesterday!  Sam really smoked her race too, wow!  Yikes on being out of coffee, hope you can remedy that quickly!  The school bus was always a big hit here too.  Did DH race the 10k?  How did it go for him?

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - as I posted on FB, the half went as expected...no PR, but whatevs... that wasn't my goal.  My goal was to survive and not walk at any point during the race.  My knee really started to ache at mile 8, and my hammys started to tighten at mile 9, and at mile 12 i ran out of gas.  I could see the finish line and yet I was still ready to stop and ask someone to carry me to the end.

Clearly I was undertrained.  Back in July I was running almost 30 miles a week and 11-12 mile long runs at full speed, feeling great during and after the runs...  Since mid-August I've only been running 15-16 miles a week and today my legs feel as sore as they do on a Tuesday after a Sunday marathon, which shouldn't be the case if I had more mileage under my belt.   There's a 10km in a month that's close to my house but I think I'll do the 5km instead.

Anyways, I did manage some core and ST this AM...

TR - DH thought C was getting bored with her bigger toys so we bought her 2 brand new ones.  One plays music and turns into a guitar and the other is the kind she can ride on or push and also plays music.  I was surprised DH wanted to buy new toys, not because he's a cheapskate, but all of C's bigger toys (electronic ones and ones that require batteries) are hand me downs or were given as gifts.

NRR - my sister finally announced she's preggo.  She told her IL's and my parents at dinner on Saturday.  I've known since the beginning and it's been hard not to say anything.  I caught her FIL's reaction on camera... he was totally stunned (but a happy stunned).

zorbs - great job on the pacing... and nice that all your RP's managed PR's.

eh - I think i missed something... what happened to your knee??

Erniegirl

RR - 6k easy, no stroller, cool and sunny weather Big grin

TR - Has been doing a great job of saying people's names lately. She was even chasing my sister's dog around yesterday and calling it by name, rather than just barking it it like she used to. She and my niece were so cute playing together. They are also partners in crime when it comes to getting filthy, and sat in the sandbox pouring buckets of sand over each other's heads and laughing.

FR - I might just pick up a rotisserie chicken and some salad on the way back from the pool tonight.

NRR - Going to head over to the community centre for drop in play this morning. S's swimming lessons start this evening. This chilly weather is making me not look forward to getting in the pool, but at least it's one of those warm learning pools.

~~~~~

zorbs - Nice running all around yesterday! Will B get to take the bus to school when he starts kindergarten?

eh - Your cutback week comes at a perfect time! Hopefully you'll be good as new and ready for higher mileage by next week. Have fun meeting your new nephew today! Ha ha, kids are so crazy, running around like a maniac at 5:20 am when it is dark out and still clearly nighttime. Good that your other kids slept through it!

cx2 - Great job finishing your half despite being under trained! I haven't done a proper long run in a month, so I'm certain I would die if I attempted a half right now. Is C loving the push/ride on toy? S has a few and LOVES them. We take them outside and she'll race up and down the sidewalks for hours. How many weeks pregnant is your sister now?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Maybe walking with the XC kids after school.  Even that isn't enjoyable unfortunately.

TR:  Overall, he was really good this weekend.  We kept busy which was nice.  Freaked out when I tried to get him to stand at the potty vs. sit on his seat.  He has been saying "I need go potty now" quite a bit and we need to start acting on that.

NRR:  The lady who was going to fill in for me, the one I spent the majority of my day Friday with, and 3 hours Saturday morning planning for, texted me Saturday night telling me she got a job offer and wouldn't be able to sub.  Yep.  So, 39 weeks tomorrow, and no sub.  I'd like to say it isn't my problem, but I have to come back to the mess in either December or January.

FR:  IL's took us out to dinner last night.  I ordered a small pizza and ate the whole thing.  No wonder I am feeling huge.

Be back after 1st hour for personals.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

armmama

RR - 5 miles this morning.

BR - needs a haircut

KR - We implemented a family meeting on Sunday nights to talk about our schedule and what's going on for the week.  Hoping to decrease the amount of complaining when it's time to go to swimming and do chores.  We'll see.

FR - zucchini enchiladas again.  I've been craving them since I made them last week.

NRR - had a good but tiring weekend.  I got up early and ran Saturday, then home for quick shower because we were picking up a guy DH is interviewing and his wife to show them around the area.  Met them at a bar for a bloody mary, then went to a mexican place for margaritas and guac, then to an Irish place for a beer then to dinner with wine.  Afterwards we  had our friend's 40th b-day party where we drank too much and stayed up too late.  I was super tired yesterday but at least not hurting as bad as DH.  It was fun hanging out with our college friends again though.

zorbs - great day of running!!  My girls were always dying to ride the school bus too, which was pretty great when school started so I didn't have to drive them.  Hope you can get some coffee!

eh - hopefully the rolling/stretching and fewer miles this week will make the knee feel good as new!  I had knee problems during my first marathon 3 years ago so when my knee started hurting a few weeks ago I thought I was in trouble but it mysteriously went away.  Hoping my 20 milers don't make it come back.

cx2 - great job on your half!  They can't all be PRs and at least you accomplished your goal.

ernie - your FR is what we had last night.  It used to be a standard weekly meal but we haven't had it in months so the kids devoured it!

mer - ouch, that sucks about the sub.  I hope they can find someone so you don't come back to a mess!

beckykay

Out of coffee?  Isn't that a crime?

SRD:  Bike maybe or video.  Trying to make DH go on a family walk daily....we shall see if that happens.

TR:  What is wrong with this kid.  He went from mellow and quiet to motor mouth that won't sit still.   He's driving me nutzo.

FR:  Grilled garlic and herb chicken with green beans.  At like crap this weekend and definitely need to eat squeaky clean this week to make up for it.  DH is most of my problem.  He brought home cake BOTH nights.

SRR:  Richmond full is probably not happening.  Trying to decide if I want to take another stab but with a different race.   I know not Shamrock again....

beckykay

Zorbs:  Oh man, C LOVES the school bus.  I hate to think if we put him in private school and won't get to ride one.

Eh!:  Awe, have fun with the nephew today.

Cx2:  At least you know what the issue was and I am glad you finished.  Hooray for new toys.  DH buys WAY too many.  My child is super spoiled

Ernie:  I am loving this cooler weather for running, but getting into the pool - no thanks Smile

Mer: ACK!!!!!!  I hope you can find someone ASAP.

Arm:  I can't hang with my college friends anymore.  It hurts too much Wink

I am in a super cranky mood this morning that I need to snap out of.  I have a horrible sinus headache and just wanted to stay in bed but of course bossman's kiddos are sick so bosslady gets to be out today.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Will run after work if I feel up to it. Headache/nausea/stomach ache pretty much gone but still feel pretty wiped. I don't know if I will be reaching my goal of 1000 miles this year since this month's mileage is in the crapper.

TR: Was a pretty good boy despite being home for 5+ days, he really missed his friends and routine though. Took him to the park yesterday and he was climbing all over like a madman, can't believe how big he's getting.

FR: Last night was chicken sausage, ratatouille served over pasta. Tonight, I think white turkey chili.

NRR: DH and I got in a fight last night, which is pretty rare for us. Still feeling a little raw. But, we talked about some stuff that needed to be put out there, and living in transition the past 6+ mos has not been easy. It really sucks going to a place that doesn't feel like home every day.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- glad you guys had a good race day.

eh- if one person is awake in our house, pretty much everyone is because its small and noisy with hard floors throughout. Glad your knee is on the mend.

cx2- is this your sister's first baby? Its amazing how quickly you lose fitness, huh? I was running 35 mpw and 14 m long runs at the end of July, and now I'm struggling with 20 mpw and 7 m LRs.

Ernie- R is good with names too, he even remembers his barber's name.

Mer- that sucks about your sub! The same thing happened to me with hiring an on-call this summer (except I'm not going on mat leave, that sucks really bad!). We got a gal all the way through the ridiculously long hiring process and when she got her final job offer she turned it down because she had just accepted a full time position.

armama- good luck with your family meeting. We put our stuff on a joint Google Calendar.

Becky- sorry you can't do Richmond FM. Hope you find another good race!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - Emma tried to talk DH into doing the 10K but DH is the kind of person who needs to cover the distance to feel confident racing it.  So hopefully he never wants to do a marathon. :P I had knee problems on Friday and still hurts if I bend at too deep of an angle, but I thought my self-Graston with the spork really helped.  We don't call Sam Speedy Sam for nothing.  She is also the oldest of the Burlington Skirt Brigade, but the fastest.

cx2 - imagine how I felt when I walked with 500m to go in the 5K a couple weeks ago.

ernie - we usually just put a towel down on the car seat and hop in with swimsuit on, so having to undress, dry off, get dressed for swimming in the winter is a huge part why I signed B up for the Saturday lessons, so DH can deal with it. B will likely take the bus when he starts school, as his home school is currently about 4K away.  B was looking at my FB the other day and still remembered "Sa-bill sit in wagon, sleepy."

mer - omg panic on the lack of a sub.

arm - wow that is a lot of drinking!

becky - are you going to do the half at Richmond then?

spike - why was R home for so many days?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs-R got sick with some poo-bug and got sent home on Tuesday, and then Miss Jody decided to be closed W-F

beckykay

Zorbs:  Yep, pretty sure I am going to do the half instead.

Spike:  Boo, I hate when daycare closes.  I know they need a break too but just find someone to replace you rather than close.  My mother does in home for only 1 or 2 kiddos.  My sister takes over for her when she needs a day off.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs:  Yep, pretty sure I am going to do the half instead.

Spike:  Boo, I hate when daycare closes.  I know they need a break too but just find someone to replace you rather than close.  My mother does in home for only 1 or 2 kiddos.  My sister takes over for her when she needs a day off.

Miss Jody closed to do some work around her house (in-home daycare). :|  R was supposed to go to his godmother's house for at least one of the days but she declined since R was sick so DH kept him home all those  days.

runnergirl9508

RR: just over 4 miles this morning, squeezed into a 30 minute break between PT clients. Felt great and it was cool and breezy out. My class starts back up tomorrow morning after a week break, looking forward to it!

TR: had his well-child 2yr visit today. He's 33# and 37" tall, in the 90th percentile for both! He didn't have to get any shots today, which was great, but I do have to take him back to get his blood drawn for a lead test. NY state requires it at ages 1 and 2. He cried off and on throughout the apt, but took the dr's hand and walked out with him to get a sticker when he was done. I took him to the park after, and he ran around like a maniac for over and hour. Just climbed out of his crib for the first time today after I put him down for his nap. I was downstairs making myself some lunch and I heard a crash. I knew right away what it was. I ran upstairs and he was standing beside his crib, looking confused. He wasn't crying though.

NRR: my early morning PT client was PISSED about the email she received about me no longer being able to train her. I think she's going to email my manager and manager's boss about it. I've been training this lady for 6 years, and she's been injury-free and been able to keep up her running that whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- omg, out of coffee?! I've done the late night trip to the grocery just to make sure I have coffee in the morning. great job on the KB workout! Aw on the bus, I bet he loved it! Congrats to everyone for their races this weekend!

reh- smart call on the RD today, hope your knee feels better soon. Have fun meeting your new nephew. Ugh on the early AM wakeup from DD! I'm always amazed at what kids can sleep through.

Cx2- great job on your half. I'm impressed you did so well on only 15-16mpw! hope your legs feel better soon. Yay for new toys, fun for the whole family Smile Aw, hooray for a new baby to be! How awesome that you were able to capture FIL's reaction on camera. great memento!

Ernie- yay for a  great run this morning! lol on S barking at the dog, that's hilarious! Aw, glad she plays so well with her cousin. Hope the swim lessons go well. It's always harder to get into the pool in the colder weather months!

Mer- OH NO!!!! I can't believe your sub backed out on you...i'm so sorry! Aw, bummer that the walking isn't comfortable either, can you use a bike or elliptical in the mean time? Yay for PT progress with J, sounds like he's doing well with it! Whoohoo for going out to dinner, and hey I bet that baby ate at least half of the pizza Wink

arm- nice run today! are you getting excited for NY? 6 weeks to go!!! ha, R needs a haircut too. Good idea about the family meeting, gives everyone a heads up for the week and what to expect. mmm, i'll be over for dinner! wow, sounds like a fun and busy weekend!

becky- I agree, out of coffee should be against the law! I love our family walks after dinner, it's such a nice relaxing time for everyone. lol, hope C can get some of the craziness out soon! ugh on DH sabotaging your healthy eating habits! aww, sorry to hear about Richmond, can you switch to the half?

spike- aww, sorry you're still tired, but I'm glad the gluten sickness is mostly gone! these boys are really growing up fast, aren't they?! mmm, ratatouille! sorry about the fight, I hope that things get worked out soon. hugs. it must be tough to "live" somewhere temporary.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08