Womens Running

National Cookie Day TUESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I will take some cookies!!

A bunch of places are giving out free cookies today!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me today. Body Pump after work.

This was supposed to be a light speed work run. Buttttt....it was soup out there so I said nah. Smile It was just some 25 second intervals. Oh well. Run went really well..surprised considering it was very humid out there. I have been speedy this week..probably because I am ANTSY!! Antsy + anxious about flying weather Thursday = BUILT UP ENERGY.

HCBF noticed a weird looking bite this morning on his forearm. I have never seen anything like it. Almost looks like a huge brown bruise with a white bug bite in the middle. No bite marks or anything...I told him if it grows today to get to the doctor! Usually on a spider bite you can see the fang marks..I am wondering if this was a tick. Weird.

OMG IS IT THURSDAY YET?! LOL.

Karen – How many miles are you shooting for this week? I was thinking this morning while running in the soup..how GOOD it is going to feel to run in the 40’s!! My body is going to be like..WTF.

Kilmisters – Oh girl, I am sorry about your day yesterday! I hope the run helped!! Today WILL be better. When is your presentation? Sorry to hear about Latvia loss Sad

Hi Tessa! I was thinking about you this morning and wondering where you have been! I figured you were super busy. Nice job getting those miles in regardless.

Kathryn – Yes, it is weird I extrovert at conferences haha. I am a “class clown” though. I have to stay entertained throughout so that is why I think I talk to people Smile I do not spend that much on a sports bra. I get mine at Old Navy or someplace like Marshalls. Like Run4kupcakes said, I have seen some nice looking ones at Walmart! I am probably not wearing the proper ones either. Shop around..usually things at the running store are more expensive.

Lets be honest I am not going to be doing much work today. Probably make my packing list Smile

One more run to go tomorrow!

Happy Tuesday!

Send me a cookie.

5 this morning. It is already hot and I am wiped out. I was planning 6 but I was done at 5. Oh well.

I have wayyyyy too much on my plate right now.  I just want to curl up in the corner and knit.

Have a smiley day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

I don't like cookies, so carry on.

Liz, nice run. Yeah, could be a tick.

Susan, nice 5.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

I like cookies and lucky for me I have some.  Walmart carries some that are listed as "school friendly" not made where they process peanuts.  You'd be surprised by where you find peanuts in packaged goods.

I'm going to get back on track this week.  If I follow the first few weeks of my BB 50 mile plan I can get 28, 34, and 40  then repeat for the next 6 weeks til the Angry Jack 50k on Jun 23rd I should be good.  Then I'm taking the week of visiting my parents in MS in July and just relaxing and going to the beach.  DH and I are planning on visiting FL in Aug for a week and that will be another just relax week before I start up for real with the BB plan.

I was going to try outside this weekend but it appears the temp on Sat will be 93 and Sunday has thunderstorms.  It will probably change as the weekend gets closer.

I did sign up for the KS 12 hour race in Nov as a last long run before BB but am trying to decide on what distance to run...50k or a 40 miler and then a good taper.  Either should give me the confidence to finish a 50 miler.

Sue 5 miles in what I'm sure is the gulf coast humidity and heat is pretty good.

Lizzie you have had such an awesome training cycle.  BF should get that checked out.  Sometimes the spider bites are hard to see and brown recluse bites can be pretty horrible.  Or with a tick bite he needs to be tested for Lyme or the other things.

This already feels like a long week.

Hi everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Crazysue, I know just what you mean about wanting to curl up in the corner. Probably guys go to the garage or car.  Great job on the run!

Lizzie, at my age the great thing about a good running bra is that it makes me stand up straighter. The better posture helps me breathe a lot better and easier.

I did 60 minutes of cardio dvd yesterday. My outside walking is still slow, but my marching is great.
              Today I plan another cardio workout inside. It’s thundering again. I did try the running shoes and they were tolerable but not yet for moving a lot or exercise. At least I did get them on. The toe was very bruised and that’s the reason for the sandals or barefoot. I'm still wrapping it to two other toes and it is doing a LOT better. My cardio work is barefoot. It's challenging my balance more. Who knew?

Next week I will not be online for a while. Do not worry. I will not have expired. All is well.
              Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Busy morning of sleeping in, deciding it's too damn hot to go running today (I'll ride my bike on the trainer later, plus I'm tapering!), ordering patio furniture, and making sure there's not too much time between DH's flight out to Boston for work on Sunday and my return from MSP for Riley to have the run of the house.

I just read a weather guy blog post on how May feels like August and will probably continue for the rest of the month. He ended with "So what does that mean for June and July? We'll talk about that tomorrow." But that's what I was reading to find out! Anyway, highs in the 90s, lows in the mid-70s as far as the eye can see. Hello Fargo!!!

I impulse bought a Kindle Fire 7 the other day. It was only $40, plus I had a $10 gift card. Turns out I can download things from Netflix, Amazon Prime and xfinity onto it and watch without wifi on planes and such. So I downloaded season 1 of that show Laura mentioned she's been watching (I can't remember the name, but it stars the guy from Dexter) for my flight Thursday. And DH saw that and decided they were so cheap he wanted one. Of course, he then bought a bigger one, with the most memory......and since they don't work the same exactly as i-devices, I had to set him up with the Netflix and xfinity apps because he was getting frustrated.

Liz, good call on blowing off the speedwork. Says the girl that is blowing off her entire run. I normally run 20-25 miles the week of the marathon, but this time I'm probably going to be running less than 20. Probably 5 tomorrow and 4-5 Thursday morning and that's it. So with yesterday's 7, 16-17 total. Possibly even less, as I'm still feeling a little beaten up and I definitely want fresh legs. Yikes on HCBF's odd bite.

Susan, summer came on fast, didn't it?

Damaris, I will take your cookies, thank you. I was going to have myself run the same schedule I gave you, but I already blew off the MP miles yesterday and am blowing off the entire run today. Maybe I should get myself a coach to hold me accountable.

Diane, I promise I haven't forgotten about you. I got a little sidetracked and am still trying to finish up Elina's plan. Do you have a link to the 12-hour/40 mile race in Kansas? I'm trying to find something in early November.

Kathryn, I am no help when it comes to sports bras as my girls are very small. I get mine from Target, although they have changed them some over the years and I don't like them as much now. Luckily I have a bunch from before they changed.

Judy, sounds like the toe is healing nicely. Good that you have the cardio dvds to help with your sanity!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

20 minute "warm-up" on the elliptical and 2.5 progressive on the TM.  It was a test of running 2 days in a row.    The foot feels good, I'll see how it holds up the rest of the day.  The sun is out!  I'm glad the rain stopped, the river by my house is high and my running path is flooded.

Lizzie, happy Cookie Day to our favorite Cooke Master (or Monster)!     That could be a tick bite.  My co-worker was sitting at his desk and a tick crawled out of his ear!  There are a lot of them this year.  DD got an AG medal, they don't give finisher medals for the 5K.  She also gets Series points, and the top 3 at the end of the series get a special medal.  As well as a medal for completing the series.  So there will be a lot of medals coming!     I was trying to think positive while on the elliptical this morning.  Since I hate the thing.  

Sue, 5 is good too!  

Damaris, have a good workout!

Diane, sounds like a good plan!

Judy, thanks for the warning about next week.  

Kat, I don't have much up top, so I just get cheap sport bras from Amazon!  It's a topic that comes up often on the running groups.  Do you have a TJ Maxx near you?  They seem to have a lot of sport bras!  I hope the Orange Mud pack works for you!  They seem like a good company to deal with if you do have issues with the pack.

Elina, glad you got the frustration out of your system!  Running is good for doing that.  

Tessa, 2 mph max?     I hate deer flies!

Karen, ha, I hope you get the cool weather at Fargo!

Sandy, glad you could check in!  Wow, that is a lot of extroverting that you are doing.  I hope you survive.  

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Karen, that's ok...whenever you are ready I can send you what I've already got planned.  July I may do a run with Kat in Witchita but otherwise only base building in July/Aug.  Here's the ultrasignup link: https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=38487  It's a 6/12/24 hr race in S. Witchita.  Not thrilled with the idea of it being cold but after the heat exhaustion maybe it'll be just fine.

Judy I do barefoot work to help with trail running.  It does help balance.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, I am in the middle on cookies.  I love some, but would rather have something savory most days.  Oh, but there is this bundt cake shop across from work, OMG, heavenly moist goodness.  Turned my nose up at it for the past year and a half, finally broke down, and am addicted now.  White Chocolate Raspberry.  Heavenly.  Can't wait for you for your trip to Fargo.  Hope HCBF is OK.  I have these weird small almost pustule like things above my ankle, but I was mowing yesterday and had to brush off some fire ants, so I am guessing a few of the little suckers chomped down.

Sue, sorry you have so much stuff to do.  I have been avoiding it all.   I sit in the corner and since I don't knit, I drink...  Wink  I was doing some crafty projects, but took a break.

Damaris, good luck with the miles tonight, I am guessing indoors.  How was your longer day yesterday?  Enough coffee to get you through?

Diane, good job getting a training plan going.  I just wing it lately, which is probably one reason why I suck.

Judy, glad the cardio is going.  Have a good time with your endeavors next week.

Karen, I miss the days of having little on top.  The 40# I have put on since I started running have given the girls a little umph and size.  Yes, the weather is crazy.  Mid/high 90's here until the end of the month.  I have a Kindle, though I rarely use it. Might get it all charged up for the trip to Maine since I have so many hours to kill.  But reading with wine...

Cathy, I hope the OM pack works.  I got the 2 bottle one, so one for water and one for electrolytes.

Tessa, I wanted to let you know since you are not on FB, the shirts came in for Pinelands and appear to be on the lighter side, I would suggest a white sports bra.  They are cute.

Just finished my coffee after long sleep.  Not the greatest though, I kept waking up every few hours.

No word on work in any way.  The other company was supposed to reach out to us, but haven't heard yet.  I have six weeks left.  I am a bit resentful.  I still do my part with the clients as always - friendly and informative, but other than that, but outside of clients, I am a bit sour.  The majority of the staff STILL does not know, but the higher ups still haven't put together a schedule so telling people is a bit tricky.  They REALLY need to get their act together, but obviously that isn't their strong suit.

Severely overspent this paycheck, and we don't get paid for another 10 days.  Crap.  Guess Starbuck, bundt cakes, and lunches out are on hold.

I'm with Lizzie, is today Thursday yet?  Shoot, it is only Tuesday.  Sigh.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat without some sort of schedule I tend to blow things off and then get all depressed.  I don't really have one for now and the BB one is supposed to start in Aug but I figure I can use the first 3 weeks, the cutback weeks to just maintain.  I'm an obsessive planner and have to have a goal or I just flounder. Mentally I want to do all the miles but physically I know I can't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to tell you about my heel/foot PITA soreness.  I realized the part that hurt was where the achilles inserts itself into the heel.  How did I figure this out?  Well, because I hit it with something and it hurt like a MF and it hurts to the touch.  I guess we can make a determination on how I hurt it.  Anyway, I massaged that area last night and woke up with it sore like every day, but so less painful, so I'll keep doing that from now on.

Karen, LMFAO.  Maybe you should!  Only thing that keeps from cutting a run short is having to explain it.

Diane, congrats on another race registration!

Judy, hoping you are going somewhere fun?

Cathy, nice run and workouts.

Kathy, yeah, me too. I was hoping it was Friday already.  The day felt a bit longish but I felt awake the whole day with only one starbucks latte.  Yay me.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Cookies? Ooh yes please. Love them.

Cathy, a tick crawled out of your coworker's ear? EEEWWWW! A bug in the ear is a gross thought anyway, a biting bloodsucking bug is much worse!

Liz, I agree, he should get it checked by the doctor. Bullseye rash? Is it itchy? Last year I thought I might have been bitten by a tick (ring shaped rash) but that rash itched nastily and tick bites usually don't. It turned out to be ringworm. Thank you kittens. Not too hard to treat in humans, OTC antifungal cream, but harder for cats.

Kat, don't employers over a certain size have to give the employees 60 days notice before closing down or doing a major RIF?

Damaris, I will take your cookies.

Diane, "school safe" cookies -- our district is doing that too, you can't bring in homemade stuff any more, only packaged foods. Pity. DD and DS used to be very popular when they brought cupcakes for the class for birthdays.

Karen, ugh on the soupy weather.

Good luck to the Fargo folks!

Yes, as usual very busy. But the last class ended yesterday so that frees up most of my evenings -- though I have a vestry meeting tonight. 2.2 this morning since I am spending some time each morning scooping poop and dishing out cat food and cuddling each kitten. I would love to get to the gym but may or may not. Conference call coming up at 11.

Waving to all I didn't get to shout out to!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – You don’t like cookies?!?! ARGH on the achilles issues. I might have to try the massage!

Susan – Hang in there Susan! Have you heard anything else about your leave for wedding?

Diane – Sounds like you have a plan in place!

Judy – You just keep on improving Smile I hope you are going somewhere fun?!?!

Karen – Yay on ordering the patio furniture! That is exciting Smile I am laughing at you setting up the new Kindle for DH. LOL. That’s pretty awesome though. I may look into that. I was aiming for 20..but I am probably going to be at 18. I want fresh legs, too! Plus..my schedule is off this time around because the race is on a Saturday! Usually with the Sunday races I am running 4 days prior to the 2 days rest.

Cathy – Nice workout this morning!! I hope the foot is okay throughout the day  Smile We are in for 5 days of rain. Ugh. We need it, but I hope it isn’t all day long rain. EW on your coworker!! EEWWWW. Did he go to the doctor?! I would be worried that it did something in my ear canal. Ugh, gross. Sports bras on Amazon, really?! Hmm…may look into that. Fargo weather – 65/41. You know we all are smiling REEEAALLLL big  Smile

Kathryn – Uhm, excuse me..a bundt cake shop?! That sounds so good! MMMM. Fire ants while mowing the grass?! Yikes! I can’t believe the company hasn’t informed everyone! You have been applying to other places, right? I guess its really not that big of a rush since you still have 12 weeks paid time left  Smile

Tessa – Yay for a break from classes! How are the kitties doing? I used to LOVE bake sales when I was in school!! Really stinks you can’t do it anymore. I understand why, but still stinks.

Aggravating afternoon! Really tired though and ready to go home! My parents might be staying the night. They live an hour north and we had some rough thunderstorms roll through yesterday afternoon. They have been without power since then! They are on well water, so...no water! Not to mention it is 96 degrees outside. Power company says it will be back on tonight, but told them they are welcome to stay with us if they need too!

Off to Body Pump soon! Have a great evening everyone!

Damaris--I will eat your cookies.  ALL of them!!!

Kat--your employer sucks.  Not telling everyone about the closing is not right.

Lizzie--OMG I just looked and my honeymoon leave was approved.  Good.  B/c I was going whether she approved it or not.

I straightened up a few things in my office and feel a bit better.