Womens Running

Calm Wednesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

Or at least for now... Compared to yesterday

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

I have been reading what's on here, but was too tired to post yesterday.

I knew 4 day "weekend" at the end/start month wouldn't end well. Add to the everything's urgent/hell's gone loose workload only 2hrs of sleep and you get a very grumpy Elina. After arriving at work 40mins early to manage some data discrepancies (to notice which is theoretically not my job), I still had to fight w financial dept about who's right or not about the final monthly number (my adjusted one was). It was the first time in this office I shouted at someone, slammed the door and used "my/your job" in sentence. As for latter, I never do this, but at some point enough is enough. Not planning to apologize.

After this fun I went to burger place, ate way more junk food than one should, took 1hr powernap and ran 2.5mi before practice fueled purely by frustration. The practice itself was tough, legs were dead after recent mileage increase, but that was the plan - frontload miles before next week's floorball finals/10k.

This day has been more manageable. So far. Rant over.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

11.2 speed work miles for me. I did 7x .50/w .30 rest.

TOUGH but awesome run. Weather was 67 with dewpoint at 64 and 20 mph wind gusts  I walked outside and said the F word a few times because I knew it wasn't going to be fun. BUT..I surprised myself. I wasn't expecting to get down to the 8's on my intervals..but I did! And not just one..like 3-4 in a row. I am happy with that especially in those conditions. Imagine what I would have done if it was decent outside! Smile I was DEAD tired by the end though and thirsty. I almost collapsed walking up the driveway. LOL. I got a handheld water bottle for Christmas..I think its time to whip that boy out!

So, we are at 71 degrees and humid today. Severe thunderstorms and wind gusts all day. Tomorrow..we are at 40. CRAZY. But..that means my LR forecast is looking NICCEEEE 

Work wise...today will just be another day full of BS. Sigh.

Susan – Ugh, I hope that the letter helps your dental insurance!!

Ginny – You are welcome on my doorstep anytime! I will welcome you with cake and wine! Hang in there..I promise Spring is coming! Nice of you to listen to the venting woman Smile

Docket – Uhm, no thanks. You can keep that peak week. I have a feeling you will be having another peak week next week SmileI am not quite in that mileage range just yet Smile

Laura – So you ended up running outside miles in the snow?! Smile I am fine with HCBF not wanting to do exercise, but at least eat healthy! I need to stop though – my mom said I was mothering him. LOL. I hope you had a good date night!!! Smile

Run4kupcakes – Nice mileage yesterday! They are mentioning snow here also. Our weather folks are saying it will probably hit more North. You are exactly right about the dental insurance!

Kilmisters – I always think short weeks really feel longer because all of the work is crunched into 4 days. Sorry your week started off so awful! I shout at Mammel sometimes and never apologize. I think it feels good. LOL. Don’t blame you one bit for eating junk food after a day like that! I hope today is better!

I had oatmeal with a banana after my run but of course I am hungry again. I AM ALWAYS HUNGRY.

Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Elina - yikes, that does not sound like a good day but sometimes you just gotta get the frustration out!!  Hope today is better!

Lizzie - wow that is a good run, I am always so impressed with your pre work distance.  No, yesterday I came home and ran 1 mile on the TM, it was nasty out, couldn't see 6 inches in front of you.

We got about 4 inches of snow over night and it's supposed to continue through the morning.  UGH!!  Should be able to get outside later.  I am going to take 1/2 day today because I have stuff to do (DD birthday) and I am bored out of my skull.  I also have 200 hours of sick time that I never use!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates, weights, and 6 with strides.  I should have time for all since I have court all day and most likely going home right after the afternoon hearing is done, which I hope it's not too damn late!

Spent most of yesterday in Court for my mentor, the one I almost killed, because he is in the hospital.  He caught pneumonia or something as bad while on vacation.  Oops.

Elina, I bet you they are scared of you. Smile

Liz, nice run!

Carol, enjoy the half day!

Damaris

ginnyb

New trainer did not show up for my session this morning, so I did it the best I could by myself, but it's never the same.  Oh well, at least I did something.  I would have run had I known I would be stood up.  He texted me, all is good.

Nice running this morning Liz and I am always hungry too.

Elina.....I hope your day is calm.

Damaris....you are another one on whos doorstep I could show up.  Cold, cloudy and very windy here today.  We had a high of 60 yesterday and it was at like 10p.m.!  After that the temps dropped again.  Shortest warm front I remember.

LC...yuck on the stupid snow, I should count my blessings, but I will still whine.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

Wow Elina...hard to believe you never shouted at anyone there   just kidding.  I understand that frustration well.  My job is more "special projects" than actual internal auditing.  I like it like that cause it's always something different BUT that means my boss hands out little pieces of what is wanted little bit by little bit.  Luckily I now can go home and work out my frustration.

Lizzie, this morning it was 27 and you are the first one I thought of when I stepped outside.  For cripes sake it's April already.

I'm sorry Sandy I saw you FB post and thought oh HELL no....it sounds like you could work remotely and I'd have my happy butt moved the first chance I got.  I worked for a Telco for 8 years and 4 years telecom in the Army so I know at least most of my work in Tier II support could be done remotely.  When I had patches to apply to the switches it had to be done at midnight so I'd work from home doing it.

Margaret I have 2 crowns and my insurance covered it.  They did not cover the mouthguard I needed cause I grind my teeth which I would have thought would have been preventative. We also have the option here of a FSA/HSA that could be used for things like that.  I had to use mine for part of the $4,000 hearing aids I needed that also are not covered.  Health insurance is stupid about some of the things they do and don't cover.

Did 6 on the TM...intervals even....3.3 as a warmup for 1 mile then 3.4 for a mile, 3.5 for 1 mile, 3.4 for a mile, 3.5 for a mile, then 3.3 for a mile cool down.  Felt really good at all speeds.  Back still twingy first thing in the morning but still doing stretches AM and PM.

Driving up to KC today so we can do our surprise cash count at 6 am tomorrow morning then driving back.  Long days.

Oh, and Ginny you do not want to move here...we have a pretty good chance of snow/wintry mix on Friday night.  I am so sick of winter.

Hi everyone.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday turned out to be a good day. I was able to get 35 minutes of a good run in before the thunder started rumbling. It stopped for quite a while but then got quite heavy around supper time. 

I’m getting some free over the counter items from my insurance company and I found that Salvation Army can pick up the motorized chair. Also, I am getting a new toilet. 

Today I will be running inside since the weather is extremely windy.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

3mi on the dreaded DM.  Ugh, I wish I could muster more.  9" of snow out there that isn't going anywhere.  In the teens right now.  More snow coming Sunday.  Swell.

Only 6 girls at the volleyball games last night.  And, yep, we got shellacked.  They are on break this week and were bouncing off the walls.  I do not mean to make light of this at all but my first thought is that they are typically medicated but not on break?  I'm talking spinning and jumping when the serve is coming.  Is that normal for 10/11 year olds?  I was embarrassed for them.  Since we got beat so bad, the ref wanted to skip the last game due to weather.  I fully supported that.  White knuckled the drive home - saw two cars in the ditch.

Judy - had to laugh at your new toilet!  LOL  Hope it's a good one!  Yikes on the water leak.  Glad nothing was ruined.  Your chair sounds pretty!

Diane - safe drive today!  How far is that?  Do you carpool?  Glad the back is feeling better.

Ginny - shoot - sorry the trainer was a no show.  That would bug.  Oh, you can whine away!!  This is crazy stoopid weather.  I thought volleyball would get canceled last night so I could have a glass of wine for you but no such luck!  I will tonight, though!!  

Damaris - yikes on your coworker - nice of you to cover.  So is court closer than your office?  Holy miles, chica!  Does your coach only give you a week's worth of workouts at a time?

Laura - ugh on the snow.  Will the roads/paths be cleared for your afternoon run?  Sure hope so!  They are not here.  Since it's so cold, roads are still pretty slick.  I'm *hoping* to get out tomorrow afternoon/evening.  I know, rare for me.  But, a couple RBs are going then when it *might* be above freezing.    Happy Birthday to DD!!

Lizzie - girl, you amaze.  Nice run!  Whew that sounds steamy.  Ummm, YES to the water bottle ya goof!  No doubt you are hungry!!  Do you take time to eat breakfast before you go to work?  Not me!  Always always bring it to go haha.  Oh boy, HCBF.  Sounds like he needs a bit of a diet overhaul.  Good thing he has a healthy DGF!  Everything in moderation, though.  I'll support him in keeping his popcorn habit LOL  P.S. I don't believe you when you say spring is coming 

Elina - ooof sounds like a crazy day!  Sounds like someone NEEDED to be shouted at.  Glad today is better!  Oh, did you see Wild made the playoffs?  Too bad they most likely won't last long with Suter out - poor guy.

Gatsby - ouch on the root canal!  Though I've never had one I hear they are a bummer.  Ugh on the crown.  I'm lucky my BIL is a dentist.  My insurance covers half the price of a crown but he doesn't bill me for the other half.  Hope the tooth is feeling better!

Trying to enjoy this blindingly sunny January day 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sandy, yes, he covers a Miami judge so it was by our office (it used to be in the same building but now it's like 1/2 mile away from it).  Ha, yes, Karen gives me week by week, in case we need to modify stuff, etc.  I like it that way, as it's more fluid, IMO, than giving you a full program.

Judy, sorry about the wind.  Hoping you enjoy the indoor running.

Diane, nice 6.

Ginny, grrr.  You could've just stayed in bed had you known.

Forgot to say I twisted my foot yesterday in heels on my way to court (my good foot), but it withstood the 9 miles easily, so we will see.  Not swollen or anything but ouch.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Okay, okay, sorry about the weather bitching yesterday, Ginny and Sandy and Laura and generally all northern people. I promise to pipe down until we're all suffering from the heat. Also (sorry not sorry), a storm came through overnight and took the pollen and humidity with it, and it is gorgeous. I am a little sad I only have 5 easy miles on my schedule, which I should have done already but am here on the internet instead. Luckily, it will still be nice when i head out in 1/2 hour or so.

I accomplished approximately half of what I wanted cleaning wise yesterday, but I did finish season one of The Arrangement on demand. So baseboards today, along with some other stuff to be determined..

Judy, coincidentally I am getting a new toilet lid today. I was apparently a bit aggressive with my under seat scrubbing and it looks like I took the finish off, so I ordered a new one from Amazon. Supposedly easy to replace, just two screws....

Laura, I read your post yesterday and saw "take a rest day" and went whaaaaat? and then kept reading and saw the "just one TM mile" part. You scared me there for a minute.

Elina, your yesterday sounded frustrating, to say the least. I think you handled it well.

Liz, nice run. Yes, it's time to start taking water! One of the hardest things about no longer working is not eating constantly! I occasionally come across fb memories from 9 or 10 a.m. on a random work day that say things like "has everyone else eaten the lunch and all the other food they brought to work already, or is that just me?"

Ginny, bummer on the trainer not showing. But good for you on woking out anyway. I'd have been tempted to treat myself to a big breakfast instead.

Damaris, is it getting to be time to bubble wrap you? Good the twisted ankle seems okay. Oh, we'll see how the mileage works out but this may be your peak week. I think I'm giving you a little longer taper this time since we had more time to build up and run more miles than normal (well, normal for you anyway).

Diane, ugh, i do not miss work travel at all. And it doesn't seem like you are THAT far away from me, but you sure do get a lot more winter!

Sandy, your weather, I don't even know what to say. The guest room is clean - come on down for a few weeks, we'll go back for Fargo.

Okay, it's still going to get to mid-70s today, I should get out there while it's in the low 60s (I of course, slept and goofed off right through the 50s).

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Karen I do wish I was closer to the TX state line than the MO, AR and KS state lines.  Might be warmer but there's no jobs in SE OK.

Sandy it's like a 3 hour drive.  My co-worker got a DUI last Dec and isn't allowed to drive a company vehicle for 2 years because of insurance.  So I'm driving and he's co-piloting.

QOTD:  Tell me what you think of this.  There's a 6/12/24 hour race in Witchita, KS on Nov 9th & 10th.  The 24 hour race starts at 7 pm on Friday.  I'm considering signing up for the 24 hour race as it would give me night training for the BB 50 miler.  I only really want to do about 32 miles which may or may not take 12 or more hours (night time thus moving slower). The 6/12 hour start the next morning at 7 am thus no night training.  I'd not want to do much more than that as BB is Dec 8.  My last 50k is PH Oct 20 so last long training run.  Please tell me what your thoughts are.

Seloc

Lizzie - I meant to echo what a couple others said the other days - re: Mammel.  No doubt he comes to you because you get shit done.  I've experienced that a LOT.  It's like being penalized for working hard.  In the end hopefully you are fulfilled by your own work ethic!  Not like I agree with him.  At all.  He should know better as a manger.  Also, shoes: 100% agree with Karen and sorry to make more work for you but.  It does help to hit the LRS and have someone take a look to see if you are neutral or stability.  Try some shoes on, run on their treadmill and select from there.  THEN buy future off the Internet.  I used to work at a running store and was trained on what to look for but even I can't tell on myself and periodically will go to the store.  Especially when I need to switch models/brands.  Ravenna's are a light stability shoe but would be more than all the neutrals you've been running in.  Okay, stepping down now 

Damaris - pretty awesome coach you have!    I do like the idea of modifying as you go. I write an entire schedule and am constantly adjusting haha.  I also think it's cool you can't see what's coming!!

Karen - meh, we all experience weather at different times of year that is less than ideal.  It's just winters like this one that TRULY lasts 6mo that brings me down.  I KNOW there will come a day or (fingers crossed) more in which I will say "THIS is why I live here".  May not be until June or July but it'll happen.  Laughing at you sleeping through the 50*'s haha.  Ahhhh the life of a retired lady   And YAS!  I'm ALWAYS the one eating all my food by noon.  Doh

Diane - you are a brave soul allowing a dude to navigate haha  I'll let the ultra chicks respond to your QOTD

Dang I'm hungry today and for NO reason since I only shuffled three miles on the ol' dreadmill.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, is it getting to be time to bubble wrap you? Good the twisted ankle seems okay. Oh, we'll see how the mileage works out but this may be your peak week. I think I'm giving you a little longer taper this time since we had more time to build up and run more miles than normal (well, normal for you anyway).

You do know I burst out laughing at that...

Damaris - pretty awesome coach you have!    I do like the idea of modifying as you go. I write an entire schedule and am constantly adjusting haha.  I also think it's cool you can't see what's coming!!

Or scared to death...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, enjoy your 5.  I don't make any promises not to bitch about our 90F right now. 

Diane, I would do the 12 hour instead of the night 24.  I assume you want the nighttime race so you can practice for the nighttime portion of the 50 miler, but I also think trying to hit the miles you need in the 12 hour race will also help determine how you will do timewise in the 50.  But if you want to practice the night time portion, it makes sense.

Sandy, get a new TM so you love her more. Smile

Damaris