Womens Running

Reunion Tuesday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

My teammate's first day working in the same office/company, hehe. Will have a lunch buddy until we get bored of each other Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Tessa, the "Aimee took a BATH in the GARBAGE!" made me laugh.

Lots of small frustrating things at work recently (the boss affair stuff [the guy is sitting in her office this very moment and lots of giggles coming from that direction; I have an urge to take my coffee and throw it thru that glass, but I like my job and don't want to get fired], the ''sales dept said so'' case of yesterday; development department challenging our low forecast estimates for potential new convenience store spots [while the current one is heeeavily underperforming, so what exactly is the justification for being optimistic?] etc. etc. etc. The good news tho, is 1) England defeated Tunisia yesterday Big grin [I fell asleep on the couch and didn't see the winning goal] 2) The mentioned stuff at work has apparently subconsciously set a shell (which I realized just few minutes ago after talking on the phone) of ''I am doing whatever the hell I can and can justify all the numbers/decisions; whatever happens next, I don't care''. Oh well.

11k home-work planned today, so I will miss first part of second soccer game. The best one (Russia-Egypt) is at 9pm, tho.

Have a nice Tuesday, everyone!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! 6 with 2 @ MP after Pilates tonight.  Still waiting to hear from the shop about the car.

Elina, enjoy your new buddy.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I didn’t have a lot of time so on the way to the car I diverted to the TM in our building for my 25 minute run. It saved a lot of time and I got the cable TV working.   Errands were later and then DC and I worked on arranging my books. Afterward I did some study as well.

Today it is cooler even if cloudy. Trees and plants seem to be enjoying the added moisture in the air as well as the rain from the storm during the night. I will either do the TM or whatever exercise. We shall see.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8 miles for me. Body Pump after work..

8 miles in 75/73 dewpoint. You can guess how that went...phew. Sweat. Everywhere.

Yesterday afternoon the gym really messed with my head. A couple years ago I had a falling out with some really good friends of mine. 3 girlfriends - I was maid of honor in their weddings! We were very close..we had a falling out over a boy - of course. Long story short..my closest friend was apparently interested in this guy (she was married) and I didn't know..so me and the guy.."hung out" a lot. Once she found out she basically ended our friendship. How would I know she was interested in this guy? She was married!! Anyway, the guy was a dbag..unbeknownst to me, he had a kid at home and a pregnant girlfriend! LOL. Typical. I haven't seen her in 3 years but I think about her quite frequently. SHE WAS IN MY ABS CLASS YESTERDAY! WITH THE DUDE!!! She must be divorced now. When you have a falling out with friends, I compare it to a breakup. It was the healthiest thing for me to not speak to them anymore (the friendship with the 2 other girlfriends ended over this, too)..there was a lot of drama. And my life has been pretty drama free since then. BUT..I do miss the awesome times we had together. I have thought about reaching out to her..but obviously nothing has changed if she decided to be with that dbag. I kinda feel sorry for her. She was one of those who always needed a man in her life...anyway..its been on my mind since I saw her! We didn't speak or anything..I am sure she knew it was me though (tattoos). Okay just venting. HCF didn't really understand LOL.

I am working on a door project so I have to walk the campus today. Glad I wore a dress..going to be 103 today!

Run4kupcakes – Oh wow!! Far away it doesn’t look too bad but up close…yikes. Haha. Never heard of unstrippable wallpaper!

Tessa – Awe, new puppy!!! Glad you had a nice walk with some hill work Smile

Kilmisters – Oh! Is this a teammate from floorball? How cool! Sorry about the frustrating things at work. Don’t throw things! Hahaha..I am tempted to do that a lot too. Hey, look at the bright side..you can vent to your teammate now! Have a great run today!

Docket – Have a good run this evening! Hope you hear about the car today. AND THE JOB!

Happy Tuesday! KILMISTERS YOU SAID WEDNESDAY! Don't play games with me like that!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Happy Tuesday! KILMISTERS YOU SAID WEDNESDAY! Don't play games with me like that!

oops.. I keep thinking it is Wednesday... sorry Big grin

5 miles this morning.  A little stiff from group power yesterday, but I made it.

Yesterday I just left DF out there in his own world to strip the door.  Better that way.

Better get busy!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

oops.. I keep thinking it is Wednesday... sorry Big grin

That's unfair and uncalled for! 

Damaris

Seloc

Sue – ohhhhhh boy on the painting!  Hope it went well and you were able to get a little sewing in?  Nice job getting to group power!

HCK – OMG that wallpaper!!  It doesn’t look too bad from far away.  If it’s not strippable how do you get rid of it??

Cathy – awwwww that’s sweet DD misses running with her mama.  OMG that’s crazy your RB ran barefoot!!  Holy cow!!  And so super cute about RBs parents.  That is just awesome.  Nice 7 miles over the weekend in that nasty nasty weather.  What zone do you do the long runs in?  How did your RB do at Grandma’s?  I’ve heard mixed reviews – some said weather wasn’t bad.  It was cool enough but still pretty humid.  Some, I think, also got rained on.  The woman set a course record (well, I think they are calling it event record since the course was slightly modified this year?) so it must not have been too bad!  Ummm no WAY Goliath is kid friendly.  Unless you want to give them a biology lesson with William Hurt’s full frontal!

Damaris – I was wondering if places like Miami even get heat advisories.  I guess we’re just a bunch of wimps up here!  But, then again, not everyone has A/C so maybe that’s why.  Hope your car is ready today!

Elina – is the store still on target to open?  Who’s going to get to work around the clock to ensure it does?  Sounds like a touchy situation!!  How fun your friend came to work with you!!  Your boss lady and her little “friend” make me want to vomit.  Have a good run home!!

Tessa – awwwwwww kitty kats.  I want to play with them!!  Poor little Dwight and his tummy troubles.  Oh man that’s a lot of oranges!  Funny about your DH getting busted nude in the garage haha.  I sometimes do the sprint between lampposts, too!

Lizzie – I like Billy Bob, too!  Though I find William Hurt to be disgusting.  Also could have done without seeing his wanker.  Yuuuuuuuuuuck.  OMG season 2 has started out MUCH more violent!  YOU WEAR A THONG WHEN RUNNING?!!  Oh the chafe!!  LOL  Don’t your running shorts have a liner?  I mean whatever works but I can only imagine how much that would hurt.    Yep, I meant bridal party – 5 each sounds like a good number!  Oh, and my opinion only, I do NOT call what happened at Fargo a crash and burn.  Not even close, lady.  That was a slow down is all.  OMG on your run this morning – that is grosssssssssssss weather.    Sweat everywhere is right!  Bet that thong was ringing wet LOL.  Oh boy on the gym girl and stuff.  TOTALLY get it.  HARD to have a falling out!  But, I agree with you – sounds like you are in a MUCH better place with no drama!  103*??  Yuck.

LOL Elina fixed her Wednesday/Tuesday snafu before I saw it.  Good thing!  HIIT class for me – circuits!  Fun stuff.  Didn’t bike there since it was raining.  The perfect kind of rain for running!  But, didn’t want to be wet and dirty in class.  Nothing else from me.  Just a bunch of annoying emails to respond to.  Annoying because account teams are clueless.  Well, the ones that work here are anyway.  Sigh….

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

36 min fartlek for me this morning.  Ha.    Got my run in between all the rain storms!  A little dog ran across the street toward me, wasn't sure if he would nip at me, but then he got distracted and ran off somewhere behind me.  His owner was there, chasing after him.  We had a lot of rain last night, which was awesome because the humid weather left.  High in the 60's today with more storms.  The kids started summer school, just half a day for 4 weeks.  But it meant that I had to get up extra early again, before 5 AM.  Oh well.  Will try to get in some upper body strength tonight.

Elina, nice that your teammate will be working with you!  Your boss is probably annoying enough people that no one would tell her that it was you that threw that coffee.     About DD's determination, I found a place to cheer for people at the trail race about 300 yards from the finish line.  I saw the first 2 girls in DD's AG run by, they were pushing HARD, to that painful place.  Where you hate running.    I have a hard time pushing myself like that, I don't know what motivates 11-12 year olds to push themselves like that.  

Damaris, enjoy the 6 and Pilates!  Hope you hear about your car!

Lizzie, it was nice to be able to breathe while running this morning.    Nice 8!  Sucks about that friend.  Pretty unreasonable of your friend, considering that she was married.  Sounds like you are better off without her.  Back when I was young   I dated a guy for about 3 years.

During that time we were on a "break", and one of my friends decided to date him.  Then he wanted to get back together with me and she got mad at me and stopped talking to me.  Perhaps what your "friend" deserved is you going up to her during the class and saying "I can't believe you are with this dbag."    My foot will sometimes still get sore.  But it's been fine the next day.  My runs are slowly getting longer, so far so good.

Sandy, my RB ran just over 5 hours at Grandma's.  I haven't talked to her yet since the race.  I know she was going for something closer to 4:30.  Haha, I figured Goliath was not kid friendly.  Most shows aren't if they are not on network TV.  

Tessa, sounds like a fun walk.    The kittens sound so cute!   Wow, that is a lot of oranges!

Kupcakes, wow on the wallpaper.  We had to strip a ton of it when we moved into our house.  Luckily, it was strippable!

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, I wish it was Wednesday!!  Though I didn't see the title either.  But a girl could wish.  Enjoy the game tonight!

Damaris, hope the car comes back soon.  I hate getting a loaner that is huge.  I have asked for a smaller car before.  Any news on the job???

Judy, glad you got cable back.  Enjoy your run today, hope outdoors.

Lizzie, how can HCF (feels weird leaving out the B) not understand??  I think we all totally get it.

Sue, good luck with the door.  Glad DF is doing it.

Sandy, I just saw a preview for Goliath, now I want to watch it!!  Full frontal.  Is William Hurt attractive enough for it, he is getting up there...

Cathy, glad you got in between the storms!  I am a chicken here when it is storming out.

Speaking of storms, they are predicted today through Thursday, with the worst supposed to be today.  It has cooled things off by about 10 degrees.

I've got NOTHING of interest.  Unless ordering more checks is interesting...  I think not.  YAWN...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

I had a nice long, funny, supportive, endearing, awesome post yesterday, then when i went to post our internet went out briefly with the storms and it disappeared. Kinda broke my posting spirit and I never did make it back on here yesterday. So just imagine all the wonderful things I said to and about each of you.......because I'm not going back to do it again.

Anyway, I ran 10 yesterday because I want to front load my miles this week between travel, being at my parents house where there's no good long run route, and the 5K I'm racing Saturday. I ended up throwing in 8x200 and 8x100 since it was cloudy and not quite oppressive out. Storms were supposed to come in yesterday sometime and give us rain pretty much nonstop through Wednesday, which kinda screwed with my front loading plan, but I figured there'd be some breaks somewhere. This morning, no rain. The storms went on both sides of us and we were sitting in this big hole. Cloudy, slight breeze, 73 degrees (also 73 dew point, but beggars can't be choosers). So today I ran 11. I got rained on a few times, but nothing really heavy so it actually felt pretty good. I ran by the house and picked up Riley part way through and he ran a mile and a half with me. Now he's sleeping. He may be fat and lazy, but he can still run! Those miles were my fastest.

I'm going to have to give DH all the credit for Goliath. I would never have watched it (like Sandy, based on the name), but he saw it had Billy Bob Thornton, and stuff with him is usually pretty good. We still haven't started season 2 yet, but I haven't suggested it or mentioned that it's available because I've gotten a bunch of books from the library I need to get through. With a lot of the crap he watches, I either don't watch or watch and read at the same time, but with a good show I have to put the book down.

I'm going to post this now and come back in a bit for personals.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Lizzie, holy crap, that is some drama. Door project... doesn't sound too exciting.

Sandy, turns out the store will open. Last minute solution at Construction Council. Good news, but still don't like how things went. Good luck w annoying emails! In case of WFH or working in the evening I sometimes take two (or three) beers before responding to those, always helps Big grin To calm down and find the right words. I wish I was kidding.

Cathy, the little dogs are most unpredictable and aggressive; seriously, you are more likely to get bruises from a cray-cray Chihuahua than Labrador or St. Bernard. As for determined runner kids, no problem w that as long as it is their inner motivation not overly competitive parents who are pushing their kids too hard and putting placement above having fun. Have seen a lot of such cases.

11k work-home. All the possible weather combinations - heavy wind, rain, sun, everything; changing every half kilometer = real immune system check. Smile One of the main reasons I wanted a training plan from Karen was discipline it gives; without it I would have said ''screw it'' today. I got home, grabbed beer from the fridge and started a 20min (not exaggerating) non-stop rant about my last couple of weeks at work. It's not the best solution, but it gets the ''pain'' out of the system. DH seemed to perceive it as a show Smile Will try to avoid such ''explosions'' further on, tho. It's beneficial every now and then but cannot be made a habit.

AND SORRY ONCE AGAIN ABOUT THE TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY FAIL 

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – Nice workout this morning! I like doing circuits. OMG I totally forgot about the nude scene with William Hurt!!! LOL. I think HCF and I looked at each other in disgust when that scene came on haha. Wanker? LOL!!! I am stealing that.  YES I wear a thong when running! I am so used to it, it never hurts! I am afraid the shorts liner will chafe my..uhm..you know. It happened at the Houston Marathon! Oh, and I hang my clothes dry before I wash them. I read somewhere that if you put them in the washer when they are still soaked with sweat..the smell lingers. IDK if that is true..but anyway, I hang my thongs on the door knob. LOL. I am sure HCF loves that. I consider Fargo a crash because I felt awful. Like, awful and wanted it to end immediately at mile 10. HAHA. I still don’t know why that happened.

Cathy – Nice fartlek this morning Smile Glad the dog didn’t bother you. What was he doing off of a leash anyway?! Smile High in the 60’s? UUUGGHHHH I want to move there!!! Is Summer school 5 days a week or 4? I did Summer school (not voluntarily) and I think it was only 4 days. I am laughing at you describing the painful place. LOL. It’s the unspoken territory of running. Wink Oh MAN! Sounds like you were better off without your friend, too! Smile You had him first! Smile I was just going to kill them with kindness if they said anything to me. I really wanted to say what you suggested Smile I actually did some stalking today and found out that they are engaged! To each their own I guess…I am loving that you are running longer Smile

Kathryn – Okay, I laughed at loud when you said the comment about ordering checks. LOL. We always like to hear from you, girl! HCF didn’t understand why it was bothering me so much. I don’t think he gets that she meant a lot to me and ending the friendship was like breaking up with a boyfriend! He doesn’t have friends that are that close Smile

Karen – Wow, my mileage hero! Nice running the past couple days! How you do it in that heat is beyond me. Ugh. Rain would feel good during those! I totally forgot you had the 5K this weekend while you are at your parents. Isn’t your sister or someone running it with you?

Kilmisters – Hahah I was just kidding about the Wednesday fail. Smile SO TRUE about little dogs!! Nice run today. Awe, perfectly normal to “lose your shit” sometimes! Don’t we all? You have to vent sometimes, girl! And who better to vent to than your DH Smile

Busy day! Heading to Body Pump soon - hope those two dumb dumbs aren't in there today.

I have to stop by the store on my way home to get some more Halo! Priorities!

Have a good night everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Not sure if it’s the dreary weather or is there a full moon?  So much grumpiness around today!  And bossman must be feeling insecure since he’s trying to tell me he “told me so” in an email.  I’ve read that email 15 times and cannot find anywhere that was said.  His English isn’t the greatest but I can still usually decipher what he is trying to say.  Sigh.  Maybe I’m just being sensitive.  Oh well.  Looking forward to running it all out in the morning!!

Elina – hooray for store opening on time!  I think?  LOL laughing at your beer to collect your thoughts.  I can honestly say I have never done that with work responses but maybe I should!  Definitely used that in my personal life, however.  Meh, you are forgiven with the Tues/Wed mishap.  I mean, it is now Wed for you right now anyway.

Karen – awwww I felt your love yesterday post or not!  Darn Internet.  Dang with all the mileage, chica!  Nicely done.  Ummmm, in my world, 73* dewpoint is oppressive.  Always!.  High five to DH for Goliath!  My sister recently recommended Trust and Succession – both look pretty good – but you need a subscription to FX and HBO (respectively) which I don’t have…

Kat – ordering checks is VERY interesting!  Because who writes checks anymore??  LOL  NO NO NO William Hurt is NOT attractive enough for full frontal.  He creeps me out.    But, Goliath is really good.  Beware you may get sucked in and watch for hours like I’ve been doing!

Cathy – nice fartlek between the rain storms hee hee.  I don’t care what size the dog, it’s a little unnerving when they run toward you unleashed.  It’s been raining here all day!  I think the front got stuck.  Once it finally leaves it should take the humidity with it but it’s taking it’s sweet time.  Great words for Lizzie re: her “friend”.  And what an awful “friend” you had to deal with, too!

Lizzie – LOL I stared mouth agape at William Hurt’s wanker.  It looked fake.  I hang my sweaty clothes to dry before washing, too!  Not sure if it helps the stench or not but mine do hold up pretty well.  I also soak and wash with that Oxyclean stuff.  And I always wash separate from regular clothes because gross.  Yeah that was weird about Fargo.  I’m blaming it on no cake.  OMG on your former “friend” and dbug dude.  Sounds like they deserve each out.  Hopefully they won’t be at Body Pump.  I do like the killing them with kindness strategy.  Oh, by the way, I crack myself up thinking about how I used to think your voice was before I heard it in person.  So much better now that I can “hear” you when I read.  Haha #imadork

Lizzie is stopping for ice cream, I may have to swing by the liquor store.  We all have our vices, right??  Have a great night!