Womens Running

Tropical Wednesdays (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Summer is here!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.3 for me. THATS A WRAP!!

Training cycle officially DDDOONNNEEEE. Good thing because it was AWFUL out there this morning. 70 degrees with 68 dewpoint. . Might as well have run with a paper bag on my head. So glad I don't have to run long here this week. The run was not that bad considering. I may have only done 5 but it felt like 10. I was a sweaty mess!

We are getting a tropical system from FL..which is why we are so humid. Lots of rain the next couple days. Just hope things corporate when I am flying out tomorrow..and flying back in Sunday! I have anxiety about it. But, I am also tapering so I have anxiety about everything right now. Smile

I probably won't do much work today....

Sandy and Karen - I meant to tell you..don't be concerned if I am loopy tomorrow. LOL. I have to take some Xanax before flight Smile

Susan – YAY!!! So happy to hear that your leave was approved!! I need to clean my office…

Run3trail – Congratulations on the race!! 2nd in AG is awesome! OMG your schedule is so busy..but HAWAII!! That will be fun! Like you said, you can hike and run..other things to do there besides the beach. I will be interested to hear if you see any effects of the volcano. I think that is so interesting. Volcanos fascinate me haha. I wanted to be a weather girl when I was in high school..I should have kept that going. LOL. And then a race after that? You sure will be rested up! So good to hear from you!!

Sandy – AGREE on your cookie preference. Though, I do like me some Oreos. Is the run today the last run for you?! Glad the conference isn’t too bad. Thursday is COMMIINNNGGG!!! I have been checking the Fargo weather multiple times a day. I just want it to STAY where it is. Good luck on the soupy run!!

Diane – Nice job on the workout! Who cares if you’re slow! Smile

Happy Wednesday!

Seloc

Tropical is RIGHT!!  I ran in same. Whew!  3mi was a struggle. Does not give me confidence for Saturday. But!  Fingers crossed the weather will be near ideal.

Lizzie - that’s a wrap for me tooooooo!!  That’s sooooo cool you wanted to be a weather girl. I love the weather, too. You could have been Dylan Dreyer!!  One more sleep, girlie!!

Diana - congrats on the race!  Lots of races for you - very fun. Glad the injury area seems to be all good?  That was a long recovery as I recall. Glad you are back out there having fun!  Enjoy Hawaii!

Tessa - how are the kit kats?  Hope your schedule calms down a bit for more running. Though I know you have a tiny little trip coming up next weekend!  Woohoo!!

Sue - okay good. Glad your boss approves your leave otherwise we were all going to have to descend on her.

Event last night was at this golf place. I didn’t feel like swinging a club so just hung out. Same with these boys I’m with. Gonna say they are sorta boring haha. I have the car (long story) so I had to drive but freakin Siri kept screwing up on the way home and I think we had to make 4 passes at where we needed to go!  It was hysterical and like a bad dream haha. I was feeling super bad like it was my fault but on the third miss I had one of the guys navigate and he also failed LOL. Finally made it back in one piece. Luckily no driving today!!

Hello to all!  Off to start the day...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.

Liz, nice run.  I am glad to share my humidity with you.

Sandy, nice 3.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Glad I'm not a morning road runner...64 with 63 dewpoint...foggy as all get out.  Driving in more people had no lights on than those who did WTF is wrong with people they can't take a second to turn on their lights.  GD took her first steps yesterday and I actually ran some.  Since my work out was only 2 miles I decided to do speed work....warmed up at 3.3 mph...then walked at 3.4 for a min then 3.5...felt good enough I ran a min at 3.8 the walked at 3.4, ran another min at 3.8, then walked at 3.4/3.5 for some more min then ran 4.0 for a min then finished off with 3.4/3.5....still bloody slow.

Lizzie, getting close now.  Hope the rain doesn't bother the flights.

Sandy, nice last run before Fargo too.

Sue...yay for leave.

Diana, Hawaii has never been a big draw for me...but have fun!

Damaris are you enjoying the new schedule yet?

Tessa, are the kitties still doing well.  You should be relieved the busyness is over for now.

Karen, have a safe flight also and good luck to you all.

Lisa I see you are running some so knee must be feeling better.

Hi to everyone.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday was another 60 minutes of cardio dvd work.
              I would do pretty good with the toe without shoes.   Last night I slept without splinting and it worked well. This is the 3rd night I have not awakened with a hurting toe. Yaaaaaaaaaaay!
              Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

That's wonderful Judy!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Rest day today, on the way to a sunny 80 degrees.  I was tempted to take some time off this afternoon and go for a bike ride.  Then a wire popped out of DD's braces so I need to take her to the orthodontist this afternoon.  Oh well.    I'll get some strength in tonight.  I went to play some tennis with the family last night after dinner.  It was a fun change in activity!   About the tick crawling out of my co-worker's ear, he just mentioned it matter of factly.  He is a big camper and hiker so I guess he is used to ticks.  I would have screamed!  

Lizzie, congrats on wrapping up another awesome training cycle!  You rock!  I am glad you are escaping the heat!  I will have to check if there is runner tracking for Fargo so I can keep on eye on you ladies!  Have a great trip, I hope the flights are uneventful.  And an awesome race!!  I visited that volcano on the Big Island about 14 years ago.  There was some lava trickling out, it was fascinating.  Nice that you could take care of your parents!  My foot is feeling good.  The tennis probably bothered it more than anything.  I tried to take it easy though. 

Sandy, congrats on finishing your training cycle also!  Winter marathon training cycle in the upper Midwest is no small feat.     Funny about the Siri fail.  The phone GPS doesn't fail often, but when it does...  Glad you got some carb loading in.     Fargo will be a fun race.  No pressure, right?  

Damaris, have a fun 6!  It's good that you figured out the foot soreness, I hope it goes away!

Diane, congrats to GD.  The first steps are a game changer.    Hey, nice speedwork!

Judy, glad the toe did not bother you!

Diana, have a great time in Hawaii!  I'm not a huge beach person, but I suppose if you're going to be on a beach, then Hawaii is the place to be.  

Hi Tessa!  I'm glad the kitties are doing well.

Kat, your resentment at work is understandable.

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

5 around the neighborhood for me. Everything feels tight and sore. I'm hoping that's taper talking, otherwise it might be a long morning in Fargo on Saturday. Took Riley to daycare today since DH does a group ride on Thursday nights so would not be able to pick him up tomorrow before they close. He was getting antsy - pulling out all his toys, running around in the backyard like an idiot, etc., so I think it was time for him to go back!

Diana! Good to see you. I've only been to Maui, but when we went I think I only stepped foot on a beach once, and that was to get pictures of the sunset. Lost of hiking, running, sightseeing, etc. Have a great trip.

Liz, woohoo on another training cycle done! The weekend is going to be awesome, and those temperatures Saturday........sweet. Don't look at the wind forecast though. Or the fact that most of the last 5-6 miles are probably going to be running into the wind.

Sandy, great job getting out there in the TX heat. We are having record heat for this time of year, ya know. Fargo is starting to look cold enough for me to second guess what to wear. Which is awesome.

Damaris, enjoy the 6 tonight. You fly out tomorrow as well, yes?

Diane, nice job on the speedwork and yay for GD!

Judy, great news on the toe healing progress.

Cathy, about the tick crawling out of the guy's ear, that's how alien horror movies start.....just saying watch that guy. Some giant disgusting thing could claw its way out of his chest any day now. Sorry the orthodontist got in the way of a potential bike ride and beautiful weather.

Okay, errands to run. I need to pick up a few groceries and get gas in my car since I don't know if I have enough to get to the airport tomorrow. Squeeee, I'm flying to Sandy's tomorrow!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Hi, guys! I have the trip to Lithuania and presentation to the Group tomorrow, so the last few days, adding all the other usual things to equation, have been crazy. The main thing w regards to presentation - not screw it up entirely; if it won't go perfect - whatever, avoiding major s---storm will be enough Big grin Also, I stopped worrying about to wear and will go in sneakers, jeans and tshirt; realized it's causing me so much stress that I picked the other extreme and stopped thinking about it at all Big grin It's not superformal workshop, so whatever. Seriously, WHAT.EVER. I also packed running stuff (so, +1 bag for what is only a 2 day trip Big grin) - the hotel has 24/7 gym. If I will be too lazy for that, fine, but I want to have my options open. Also, Latvia is playing in World Championship quarterfinals tomorrow eve, but Lithuania is not a hockey country, so no local channels will broadcast it; the only hope - illegal streams on phone, w assistance from friends back in Latvia. Agh.... Keep your fingers crossed, please Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – Nice job on the 3!! You know, I was thinking the same thing about confidence this morning. I was like, how am I going to run 26.2 miles when I can hardly run 5 LOL. BUT weather makes a huge difference as we all know! Smile I had to laugh about your driving mishap. I remember our team flew to Dallas for a meeting..and the same thing happened. We were cracking up though. That was when I had a cool boss. A cool immature boss. ONE MORE SSLLLEEEPPP!!!

Docket – Have a good 6 tonight!

Diane – Ugh, your forecast sounds tropical, too! I don’t understand the headlights thing either. Most cars have day lights now too! Congrats to GD! Too cute.

Judy – GREAT NEWS JUDY!! I know you are ready to get back out there.

Cathy – OOO tennis sounds fun! I used to play when I was a kid. My mom had me take lessons with this REALLY HOT instructor. Smile I would love to play again though. Do you have open tennis courts that you can just go to? That’s awesome! Does DD have the old style braces? They do so many new things with braces these days. I remember the metal ones! YES there is runner tracking but its all through an app from my understanding. But it apparently has live tracking, too! Are you doing anything fun this weekend?? You are always doing something fun Smile

Karen – Nice miles today. I think it’s the taper talking Smile Uhm, NO I did NOT see the wind forecast until just now. …and I remember my dad saying that the winds will cut right through you out there! UGH. May have to adjust that goal a bit now  Can’t wait to see you tomorrowwwww!!!

Kilmisters - Good luck tomorrow!! Keeping my fingers crossed for your presentation and the game!

Out of here soon! Going to go home and pack! Have a great evening everyone!

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 in the same tropical stuff as Lizzie. I should get a kayak or something, it's not supposed to stop raining for a while.

Anonymous Guest

Today's conversation with DH:

Him: Where are you going again?
                            Me: Fargo

Him: You're actually running a marathon in Fargo?
                            Me: Yes.

Him: That's.........actually pretty cool.

I am getting so excited!!!!! Mostly packed, will do a short run tomorrow morning, figure out what i have left to pack, and I'm on my way.

Daycare did a great job of wearing out the dog, he is out. They told me he really had a lot of fun today. I think it's just that the Wednesday people aren't used to him and don't understand just how much he likes to play. The Thursday people are aware of his excitement.

Elina, good luck on the presentation tomorrow! And on getting the hockey game.

HCK, looks like you guys have definitely had some crappy weather lately, hope it doesn't continue for too long. Nice job getting the miles done.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel