Womens Running

Where has this month gone Thursdailies??? (Read 13 times)

Wow!!  I have really been MIA lately!!

We had a great bike trip with my friends in early October. We had to change our plans due to Hurricane Ian, but ended up renting a large lake cabin in northern Alabama for a week.  We rode the Silver Comet Trail in Georgia to the Chief Ladega Trail in Alabama. The name changes when you cross the state line.  It is a beautiful rails to trails ride (old railroad track paved for pedestrian use). We rode up Mt Cheaha, the highest peak in Alabama, and did several hilly trails on our gravel bikes. We had a great time, but some of the hills were too much for me. We do not have a place here in the flatlands to train for those kind of hills.

Returned home to a huge two week work project---we processed a year's worth of shrimp sensory class samples.

I think I've almost recovered.  The elevator at the lab is broken, so we had to carry LOTS of boxes up two flights of stairs.

This week I taught two virtual classes -yay me! and I am ready for things to slow down a bit next week--two of my teammates will be out of the office, so I will work on some training and catching up stuff.

Trying to get a few runs in during the week, spin class this morning was fun.  Renee had a special Halloween playlist.

Witches Ride is Saturday.  I still need to make my broom.  Hope it doesn't rain.

Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

WFH today and I have 6 with 2 @ HMP and Pilates. I am hoping to go outside to run but between the remodeling and the fridge people coming to finally put the new ice maker into the fridge today, TM might be it.

Sue, glad you checked in! Have fun on the ride.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I ran 10 this morning. Another beautiful day, upper 40s at the start, low 60s when I finished. I am thinking about driving over to the park and running a few more miles this afternoon. After the excitement of people actually being interested in a local running group, I set up a first meeting/run for Saturday morning. But since I live on the other side of the highway from the park and most of the town, I've never run in that area. So I want to go do a little exploring and figure out a route.

Margaret, this is Texas weather! Better bring all the clothes for Dino. Although we could be back in the 90s, who knows.

Susan, good to have you back! You have been busy.

Damaris, enjoy the run, wherever you decide to do ti.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Sue!!  Glad you had a great trip.  Good XT on carrying the boxes.  UGH.

Damaris, enjoy your WFH day.

Karen, I heard we are getting rain in SA.  Not here in PHX.  About the same weather.  Predicted high for the race is 79 both days.  Sunday has some clouds, as of now.  Chilly at night at 52.  YAY on getting a running group going!  I know you really wanted to.  Have you chatted with your running neighbor yet?

In PHX for the race.  Errands yesterday and was EXHAUSTED after.  Fell asleep at 4:30 and woke up at 730.  Missed the group run at the race site and beers after.  Well, sleep really was more important.  Went to bed at 930, but think I was on SA time and woke up at 6am.  UGH.  Tomorrow I have to be up by 4am to leave for the park to set up the crew tent (very competitive to get a spot, long line of cars to get in...) and have to get up about the same on race day to get there for the start of the 100 miler which my friends are doing.

My friends are getting in later today.  Excited.  Nervous.

Decided I am going to finish the race.  Have everything planned out.  Pace, aid stations, weather, outfits/drop bag.  Desert night races are hard, 79 day high, 52 night low.  Big swing.  Where to put which clothes...

OK, I am ready to do something.  I keep forgetting I am not on SA time because my computer doesn't automatically switch time zones.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Family drama taking place again with MIL and DH. DH wants nothing to do with her but DD1 keeps trying to "fix" it.  You can't fix something that someone won't acknowledge is broken (MIL is never wrong and won't ever apologize ). So DD1, while trying to help,  only exacerbates the problem.

Ugh.

Anyway 2tm miles.

Kats,  good luck this weekend. You will do this!!!!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

Kathryn, time difference is in your favor, especially having to get up so early the next couple days. Have a great time!

Decided I am going to finish the race.

Yes! I have no doubt you can do this.

Thought of you yesterday when I was picking up a few groceries - I bought a big thing of sugar.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good luck Kat!!!  I hope you have a great race.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go, Kat, go!

Damaris

Decided I am going to finish the race.  Have everything planned out.  Pace, aid stations, weather, outfits/drop bag.  Desert night races are hard, 79 day high, 52 night low.  Big swing.  Where to put which clothes...

OK, I am ready to do something.  I keep forgetting I am not on SA time because my computer doesn't automatically switch time zones.

K

Woot!  Go for it!

Some improvement in the bronchitis today, less coughing.  Going to start walking again, maybe try to run this weekend.  Hopefully I didn't do anything too dopey at work while doped up on cold meds this week.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Short run on the treadmill after work (in the office today).

CrazySue, the bike trip sounds fun. You need to find a parking garage for hills. When we were in AC last weekend, the garage was steep, not a hill around.

Docket, hope you got your 6 in. Our ice makers goes on the frizt periodically, we really need a new fridge, but need to deide all the kitchen remodel crap before buying one.

SnonymousGuest, enjoy exploring the park.

KatS, good luck! You got this!

BerthaSlayer, ugh on the family drama.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HCK, this fridge is not old but apparently Samsung ice makers are crap. We were close to buying a new one and putting this one in the garage but fortunately the part came.

Damaris