Womens Running

Tired Tuesday Supermoms (Read 21 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR: hoping for a longer run of 7-8 miles today, if the roads aren't too bad. Looks like we got more snow overnight. Ran 4 yesterday and was glad I had thought to bring my screw shoes with me- the roads hadn't been plowed.

TR: really enjoying playing in the snow. he's starting to try to parrot every word I say now, it's cute!

NRR: so tired. I've had to wake DH up the past two nights because his snoring has woken me up, then I can't fall back to sleep Sad  Hope I get a nap in this afternoon.

From yesterday-

Welcome, Kant!!!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K with Sam.  Debating screw shoes or trail? there's a bit of fresh snow. The trail shoes are warming in front of the heat vent, so it seems like they have been chosen.

TR - did fairly well at his recital.  Here they are singing some christmas-esque song and B busting out in a wild xylophone solo.  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153600196025596&l=3749438541682552399

FR - chicken pie, I got some Southwest chopped salad with kale (in a bag).  Oooh fancy.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Tired is right!

RR:  4 after work.  I will get out there.  Running in the town I teach in for the first time in a really long time.  Looking forward to my route!

BR:  Ugh.  Little man, you know how to STTN.  DO IT.  Mama is tired.

TR:  Was actually really cute last night.  He went to bed nice which helped since H was screaming.  I can't believe how grown up he looks.

NRR:  It snowed last night so DH had to work.  Which means I got left over PANCAKES for dinner.  I was mildly irritated.  He only   had both boys for all of 3 hours yesterday and he was too worked up to freaking make dinner.  Oh well.  I got some quiet time after the boys went to bed.  And went to bed early myself which was nice.

FR:  Hoping to not have pancakes tonight!

BBL

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - 6ish km's at lunch.

RR2 - registered for the Calgary marathon!  I think the ambassador part of the website goes up in the next week or two!!

TR - we unpacked her nativity scene with all the Christmas decorations and she's been playing with it non stop since then.  I think we're going to get her a leap pad for Christmas, there's a wonderpet's app for it, she's going to die from happiness.

BR - will walk holding one finger now!  Won't be long until she's walking.  Bought her gifts yesterday also.

FR - slow cooker stew.

NRR - still not sure if I'm working, was told things had changed, so then planned on working but now I come in to an email saying I can pick to either take this week or the first week of jan off.... I'd rather this week to get ready for Christmas and help my mom unpack.  I'm working today either way, I didn't drag my ass out of bed before 5 for nothing.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - hope you get your longer run in today, and that the roads are good.  I spent many a night in the spare bedroom when I was pgr w/ O... I was just so tired and didn't sleep well w/ DH snoring next to me.

zorbs - I have the same trail shoes that you bought, love them, makes me think I should try some Cortinas.

mer - Hope you get a good run in tonight.  And that you'll have something tasty waiting for you at home!!

runninmer

rg - I hope you are able to nap.  I would give anything to nap today.  When I would pump with J I would close my eyes while pumping, unfortunately, I have a TON of work to get done.  J loves the snow too.  I can't wait until H is old enough and all my boys can go out and play!

zorbs - I used to throw my running clothes in the dryer before getting dressed.  Warm shoes sounds great!

CAR - Yay for the marathon!  That is awesome!  Cute that O is so close to walking!  I would totally take this week off too, given the choice.  Can't complain though, we have a pretty nice break this year.

Upcoming Races: 

Kantkatchme

Rg- so cute about your parrot, I am going to have to start changing my vocabulary now so A doesn't pick up bad words.  Ugh on the lack of sleep.  I can't fall asleep w/ DH snoring Either . I hope you get a nap!

zorbs-  I can't open your link but cute on the solo!  I love pre warmed shoes!  I've always been intimidated by kale, you make it sound yummy.  Maybe I'll have to pick some up.

Mer- sorry about the cranky toddler.  I love pancakes, but boo that DH didn't make sonethibg if he was home.  Does he plow?  Enjoy your new route!

Ca- M sounds super cute!  Yay almost walkiNg!  When did O start to crawl?  I'm trying to figute out how much time I have before A starts to walk.  Work sounds super frustrating!  Is this stew on your blog?  I need to use my slow cooker more often.

runninmer

kant - Yes, DH plows.  So when the snow stops, he starts no matter what time it is or what we have planned or going on.  Our lives revolve around the snow in the winter.  Welcome, BTW.  I didn't get back yesterday to see your post!

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: I need to not be lazy!

TR: Feeling better. He actually didn't act sick at all yesterday other than kicking up the annoying factor a couple notches, but I couldn't risk taking him to daycare if he was contagious. I used the last of my sick leave, here's hoping we can stay healthy for another 2 weeks until I get more leave!

FR: Made a yummy chicken casserole last night. Something else with roasted chicken tonight- maybe enchiladas?

NRR: Behind at work, going to skip personals for now. Have a great day!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Kantkatchme

Rr- maybe NTC work out. It's -35 with the wins right now.  Brr! I did manage 4 last night, need to find my neck warmer.  I was almost too warm. guess I need to work on the layering.

Br-  pulls herself up and then is stuck.  She fell yesterday, holding onto the coffee table and somehow cut her lip.  So I think now she is afraid to try to sit back down.  Baby gymnastics today!

fr- it's cold!!! thinking left over party food and chili.. Just have to shop

runnergirl9508

RR2- ended up with 9 miles this morning- it was beautiful in the freshly falling snow.

Kant- WOW, that's cold! where do you live? hold old is your DD? have fun at baby gymnastics- sounds like a blast! I have a 27 month old DS, and am 12 weeks pregnant with #2! yeah, I need to watch what I say around R more, too! I'm usually good other than when I'm driving- mommy has a potty mouth behind the wheel!

zorbs- that video of B was so cute! he looks like he really enjoys music class. how are you liking the trail shoes? I wore my screw shoes again this morning and I seriously have no idea why I waited so long. what's in the southwest salad- corn, black beans?

Mer- I love running in "old" familiar places. it's nice to broaden your routes again! aw, I hope H starts sleeping better soon! um, Dh better get his act together for dinner tonight. use a crockpot, man- it's easy! yay for the quiet time to yourself last night-I bet that felt great! my uncle used to plow, and during bad storms he'd be out for 36+hrs straight, coming home only to get more coffee/food and head back out. does your DH plow both residential and commercial?

CA- YAY for another marathon!!! sub 4 is in the bag for that one, question is by how much? I would sleep in our spare bedroom except there's no heat in there (old house, and it was an addition so they never ran heat to it, brrr!) I'd be so mad about the work situation this week. but I agree- definitely this week off to get ready for Christmas!

spike- glad R is feeling better today. I know what you mean about the annoyance factor- when my R had a cold last week he was so mellow, and turned into a widlman as soon as he started feeling better! hope you can get a run in later today! is it warming up there yet?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

kant - welcome!  How old is your DD?  Where do you live?  O started crawling between 11 and 12 months I think.  Yup the stew recipe is on the blog.

spike - glad R is feeling better, I would have kept him home yesterday also. Hope you can catch up on work quickly.

RG - I'm planning on running this one with Lori, so it'll be at her pace, which should be sub 4:00, the elevation profile is all up hill for the first half and then back down for the 2nd, It looks more difficult in some ways than seattle, but I think having just one steady climb that you get done with before halfway, then downhill all the way home will be easier than the late hills in seattle.  Bummer on the no heat in the spare room, could you get a space heater?

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - DH has banished himself to the couch the past few nights if his coughing fits got too bad, but I find making him roll over is the easiest way to stop the snoring.  The salad has kale, red & green cabbage, green onions, carrots.  The dressing is probably some creamy chipotle something or other.  I like the trail shoes but the screw shoes have better traction.  The problem is that I don't have any shoes at the right life stage to put screws in and the pair i'm wearing are 12 mm drop giant clunky Adidas from 2011, I felt my SI joint a bit after running in them yesterday.

mer - my DH, if left to his own devices to plan dinner, would probably just get takeout.  If I want a decent dinner when I come home from work, I have to have it all planned out/started and tell him what to do to finish it.  I find warm shoes make a HUGE difference to how I feel during the entire run.

CA - I bought the trail shoes at the Saucony outlet store, wish they had this year's colours, because I think the pink/gray is fug.  You might like the Cortanas..but then again you like Kinvaras, which don't ever feel right on me.  The problem with Cortanas is that they are 1) EXPENSIVE and 2) somewhat hard to find.

kant - if you have a whole foods near you, try the kale salad in the salad bar.  Or the stupid expensive kale chips.  Where do you live? I'm presuming somewhere in Canada from the way you talk..

spike - I think your lack of running is a vicious circle..you don't want to race until you feel like you can put in a good training cycle, and you don't want to run at all b/c you don't have any races coming up.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - price is the reason that I am mostly running in mizuno's - my last pair I paid $45, and I can almost always find them for less than $90.  Kinvaras are also easy to find on clearance in the US, but you can't ship them over the border.

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - I think your lack of running is a vicious circle..you don't want to race until you feel like you can put in a good training cycle, and you don't want to run at all b/c you don't have any races coming up.

Probably! I don't feel like training for races because I think stroller running is making me slow, but I don't have a lot of other options other than shelling out babysitting money after paying for daycare all day due to DH's work schedule.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07