Womens Running

Holiday Tuesdaily (Read 11 times)

Happy 4th of July!  Any firecracker 5k or other fun runs today?

Nothing planned here. Going to my dad’s house to do some chores for him since we’ll be away next weekend, leaving Friday for Oregon. I already got in and out of Target. Will do a few miles soon. Then laundry and yard work. No fireworks where I live, well, aside from a few illegal ones. So patriotic…

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

10 for me this morning! I wanted to get out a little earlier than I have been. I guess I did, but only about 10 minutes earlier. Luckily the clouds mostly stuck around so even though the temps were 78-81 while I was out there, it wasn't completely miserable.

We've heard fireworks the last couple nights already, so I assume tonight it will be nonstop loud. Luckily it doesn't bother the fellas much. Ft. Hood did their big thing Saturday, but I think some of the other towns around have them scheduled for tonight. I will not be watching or setting them off, I will be trying to get to sleep.

Just working through our list of getting ready to head out of town for three months here. DH finally got the lawn-mowing guy set yesterday, that's the big one.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy 4th! I take my injection Monday night so I didn't sign up to run as I didn't want to run while feeling like shit.

I have 5 later with 123321.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy Treason Day!   Lol

Hope you're all doing well. I ran 5 on my machine and then went for a massage.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Margaret, enjoy your Dad's.  Glad you're going to OR!!!

Karen, clouds here as well, nice.

Damaris, enjoy your 5!

Lori, hehe, Treason Day!  Mmmm, massage...

I got 6 cloudy miles in.  Felt OK once I got about 1-2 miles in.  Going to a GF's for a pool party mid-afternoon.  Smaller gathering I guess.  But she got drunk at the pub Thursday and started inviting everyone...  Her DH was ticked off.

That's about it.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was hot by the time I got out. 6 miles with intervals, I stopped the workout a bit early, just too hot ad humid. Luckily with all the rain, it should at least mean all the illegal fireworks won't start any major fires. For this weekend, the Maryland residents drive to PA for illegal fireworks. The PA residents were coming to MD to get recreational weed (legal as of 7/1). When I went to my parents' on Saturday, there was a line out the door at the local weed store.

GatsbyBird, does your arera do the drone displays? Makes sense in dry areas to not have fireworks.

AnonymousGuest, yep, I'll be trying to sleep too. The town north of us had fireworks last night, during a major thinderstorm. Saw that many cars got stuck in the field used for parking, big surprise, we've gotten tons of rain the last week.

Docket, enjoy your 5.

BerthaSlayer, we got Indian for lunch, which from what I've rerad, some are more English versions vs actual Indian. Yea, great choice for this holiday....

KatS, enjoy the pool party!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Happy 4th to All. 

Sunday Buddy and I did 75 minute run

Monday I did 50 minutes running on TM, then 10 minute walk.

Today is a rest day and I slept longer.

A close neighbor does yearly fireworks. There have been a few fireworks each night since Thursday. Last night he did a one and a half hour show. Some had a huge "boom" and one had multiple three dimensional spherical "thingys". Thingys is a technical term. LOL  Living up this high means the fireworks can be seen all around the horizon. Our state is legal for guns, fireworks and stupidity. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns