Womens Running

WARM UP WEDNESDAY DIVAS (Read 18 times)

NorCal

Lucy- Oh no! What a horrible way to start the day. I'm so sorry about your car and the hassle!!!!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

seattlechica

sassy - bummer on the missing vet, I hope they find him soon!  Glad you are having some nice warm weather too, and a relaxing time at work to enjoy it!

PO - awesome that you found a renter for your house, that must be a great weight off your shoulders.  Nice that you are starting to get some more energy back too.  Sounds frustrating about the paperwork, hopefully someone can help you figure it out!

RLTW - good call on juggling the exercise so you can do it when it's nice out... makes everything so much better when it's warm and sunny!  Glad you have a fun weekend to look forward to!

Lucy - oh no, so lame on whoever hit your car...  I can't imagine doing that much damage and then just leaving!  Hopefully you can get everything sorted out quickly and get to work and make the best of the rest of your day!

outwest- massage sounds lovely!  I'm glad you've found a good book and are getting inspired to try new things from it, that's always fun.  I feel like I get burned out if I do too much of the same workout routine too, hopefully mixing it up a little will help!

MA - glad you have some sunny weather to get out and enjoy!  Bummer that C has been up during the night...  I don't do well sleep deprived so I just can't imagine how I would function having to take care of an infant!  I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, way in the future Smile  Fingers crossed you don't have to give up dairy!

monk- woohoo for farmer's market opening back up... that really seems to make it feel more like spring!  I hope you  have an enjoyable run tonight, it's great that you and DH are working things out so that you can still fit in exercise/etc!  Smile  We are so spoiled here in Seattle, I have a beach (not ocean beach, but on Puget Sound) literally 5 minutes out of my office, and lakes and mountains everywhere!

norcal- so excited to hear how your marathon goes!  I'm sure by the end of this week and next week taper will start driving me really crazy... my legs already feel feisty from the extra rest and the sunshine!  I am still debating whether or not to climb next week...  I think I may climb on Monday and then the rest of the week I will just have to suck it up and deal with the taper crazies Smile  glad your boss didn't cause too much drama over your leaving... you'd think they'd realize something was up if they have that much employee turnover!

outwestrunner

Oh jeez, Lucy, I had no idea your car was hit so severely!  I'd be hella pissed off, too!!

monk717

Oh Lucy, that sucks that it was so bad! Will your insurance cover a rental while your car is being fixed?

MA runner girl

So excited. I ran a mile and I feel great! Definitely on a runners high right now!

lucy - oh my that's so terrible. I'm so sorry, you have every right to be mad.

monk/sassy - thanks, I guess I'll wait a bit before I do something drastic like cut anything out. He has his 1 month next friday (omg how is that possible???) so i can discuss with the ped then.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

Monk: Yep, my insurance will cover a rental up to $50 per day, but I don't have time to go pick one up today, so I'll go tomorrow. I have a reservation already. But of course the guy at the rental company was trying to convince me I needed a big car with all the bells and whistles for like $75 a day...I'm like uh no, give me your cheapest car. LOL.

I posted a picture of part of the damage on FB.

NorCal

Lucy- At least your insurance covers rental cars. Once we got hit and it didn't cover it and the cost really added up! I hate dealing with insurance stuff. I hope yours goes smoothly! I bet the person was drunk or something!

PRs: 

NorCal

Seattle- I'm sure climbing Monday will be fine, just don't push yourself too hard! My legs feel good, but I'm antsy!! I keep baking and eating way too much!! But the house is spotless, laundry is caught up, I'm cooking a lot, etc! DH was like "look how productive you are when you don't run so much!" haha

PRs: 

NorCal

Got a job interview tomorrow! Smile It's for a part time front office at an acupuncture office. The schedule should allow me to continue my shifts at the spa, do work for our business and see my own massage clients, but give me some reliable income. Fingers crossed!

PRs: 

seattlechica

norcal - yeah, I've been getting lots done too!  I've also been running faster, which is nice - I felt like I started to slow down a bit at the end of the training but now that the mileage is less I'm getting that spring back in my legs Smile  Good luck on the job interview!!!  That sounds super flexible and like it would be a great fit, hopefully the people are awesome too!