Womens Running

Chugging Along THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

We got this...

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me today. Will still try to get in my 10,000 steps Smile

Kinda sucks I am not running today - its beautiful out! Took Ruger for a mile walk. Will probably do another at lunch time. Did not get much sleep last night, what else is new?

My family is heading down to the beach for a week this weekend. My brother is staying the night here tomorrow night to break up the trip for Emerson. HCF and I can't go. UGH. SO JEALOUS!! A free vacation and we can't go Sad I don't have the time to take off from work. If HCF didn't have his heart attack earlier this year, I could probably swing it..but with our wedding + honeymoon, we will have to wait until October! Bummer. I could use a vacation.

Not much else happening over here...would like to try double digit tomorrow. Not sure yet.

Lisa – That stair machine is a killer. You had a good workout yesterday! I envy your DD. I want to be like her when I grow up. I second the 12 hour option!

Run4kupcakes – Wow, so the hair stylist didn’t even give you a consult? That is strange! At least you got rid of the V shape! Mine grows into a V all the time..have to get it cut off sometimes. I call it my rat tail.

Happy Thursday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 with strides and Pilates.  Was hoping to run them outside this morning but didn't sleep well (again) and I am still sleepy even after working for two hours already.  Wait, maybe work is making me sleepy?  Time to have some breakfast.

Liz, enjoy the rest!

Damaris

LC Runs

Good Morning!

2.7 before work, I cut it short because I had to leave earlier this morning.

LIzzie - Dang on missing out on a beach vacation...I may be available if they need extra friends 

Damaris - good luck with the job application process!! Work is making me sleepy 

4 miles this morning. Not thrilled to be at work today but here I am.

DS2 and fiancee will be home tonight, so dog duty is over. Ready for a little calm, if that is really going to happen.

I was so tired last night I did not move. Just laid down and boom I was gone.  Didn't even roll over. Pups all stayed down too. Smile

Lisa--yay on the yoga class.  12 hours of running???   Wow

I'll check back later.  Think I will try to get IT help again today. I brought my knitting.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good thing I didn't head outside to run because my analyst has had to email me 30 times on some case issue, so glad I was here and not out there.

Laura, thanks! nice run.

Susan, nice run.  Not thrilled either but I'm WFH at least.

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Liz - Bummer on the beach vacay...but, you have a wedding and honeymoon to look forward to!  What does HCF think of all your traveling?

Susan - I’m sure you are ready for DS to be home,  forgot to comment the other day on you babysitting and being exhausted...I hear ya!!!  I love my DGK’s, but I surely agree, that is why young people have kids!!!

Lisa - Duh, 12 hours...is that a real question???  We are enablers, even if we don’t know WTH we are talk about., and have never done 12 hours, or plan to....

Laura - They announced your BRF name for an award on Saturday, I think it was like 3rd overall female maybe?   I would definitely do that race again.  Good to get out and get that run done.  June 1sr is coming fast Smile

Judy - Glad you are feeling better!

Sandy - 70 degrees!  What???  Think spring is here in Minnie-soda Smile

Cathy - Loved that post on FB...this is the best tribe!

Lori - You amazes me with your goals!  While I’m  over here - shaking in my boots for a mere Marathon!

Damarias - Seems like you are feeling better after a little break and decreasing your miles?

Did my 7 yesterday, SRD today, and LR tomorrow.  My 2 RB’s are tag teaming to give me company for most of the miles Smile

Carol

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

6 easy miles for me this morning.  I am beginning to like easy miles.    Also did lower body strength afterwards.  All the way up to 55 degrees this morning, and I avoided the storms coming our way.  Win!  We have a 6 week step challenge starting at work next week.  With actual prizes!

Lizzie, enjoy the rest day.    They always seem to fall on the really nice weather days!  Bummer that you can't go to the beach this weekend!  Hope you get some relaxation and "you" time in.  Older DD is generally less stressed than younger DD.  Younger DD is easily stressed out and puts a lot of pressure on herself!  She also seems to have much more girl drama.    Older DD also had a bloody nose in the morning that lasted for a long time, I think she was stressed by that.  She was doing an after-school activity to learn how to play guitar but she decided to quit.  DH was not happy about that and was a bit hard on her.  After he left to take younger DD to soccer practice, older DD started crying.  Then she noticed that the hives were back.  This weekend... younger DD has a Girl Scout outing at a waterpark and horseback riding!  So I will be sitting around and reading in an indoor waterpark for most of Sunday.    She also has her last soccer game on Saturday and a party with the soccer team.  So lots of excitement around here this weekend.  

Damaris, yay for the great run!  Work always makes me sleepy.  

Laura, good morning!  Nice pre-work miles!

Carol, that is awesome that your RB's will tag team to run the LR with you!    Your training seems to be going really well.

Kupcakes, sorry about the bad experience at the salon.  That does seem really weird that the stylist did not look at your hair dry or talk to you at all before they started working on your hair!  I hope they at least even it out for you.  I think that you have such pretty hair!  Of course, mine is just straight and boring.  

Lisa, ideal conditions for biking would be at least 70 degrees, not windy, sunny.  A route on a fairly flat bike trail with an ice cream shop or place to get icee's on the way.    8 hrs vs 12 hrs?  Did you even have to ask us?    Wow, I am really jealous of your DD!

Lori, I will look into that book by David Goggins.  I keep a list of the books that ladies have suggested.    I slowly work through it.  Like Karen, I usually have books on hold at the library!

Karen, I am the same with forgetting the books that I read.    I have started books and realized that I have already read them.  The half marathon sounds like fun.    Nice job recruiting your friend to do the dirty work for you, getting the stuff for your running group.    I am sure that you will love Bodypump.  Better you than me, haha.  Just kidding, I used to enjoy the Bootcamp classes and stuff like that at the Y.  Well, as much as you can "enjoy" that...

Sandy, funny that you mention the blooming trees.  We have two of them in our front yard.  They look gorgeous for about 2 weeks out of the year, before they drop everything on our driveway.    Funny also that you are running the same mileage as I am.  I am just doing what I feel like, ramping up slowly before marathon training starts.  I have a loose plan.     I agree that kids that young should not be stressed.  At least not until high school.    Younger DD went to talk to the school psychologist with a friend the other day about "boy problems".  It was really cute.  I wonder what the school psychologist thought about it.    He gave the same advice that I did, so hopefully DD realizes that I may know what I am talking about, haha.

Cathy

Seloc

Damaris – oh boy, you were DUE for some rest!  Ooh, exciting on the job application.  Not going to lie, your explanation of the judges the other day made my head spin haha.  Would this new job be local?  Glad your running has been going well!

Karen – Anonymous Guest to read An Anonymous Girl hee hee.  That made me chuckle.  Pretty sure I’ve had this one on request for a long time as well.  It’s weird right now but really good and I don’t want to put it down.  Again I’m wishing I was sitting in the sunshine reading.  LOL at your dad saying he could get by on just two books.  For me, when I start to re-read something, I get this weird déjà vu thing going on.  And then get annoyed with myself for being a dum dum LOL.  I swear it’s because since I mostly read electronically now I am not looking at the title/author like I would with a physical book.  Errrr, maybe it’s just age.

Lizzie – I ran a marathon in a pair of Nikes from Kohls, cotton socks and a cotton turtleneck haha.  Chicago 1999.  Hadn’t ever run further than 16 miles.  Walked most of the last nine of the marathon and finished just under 5 hours.  Who needs all the fancy gear anyway??  LOL  That’ll be nice to just WFH for awhile.  You’ve been quite busy.  Sorry on the missed vacay.  Dayam, free??  I would love a free vacation!!  But, yes, you have a HUGE trip coming up in October!!  Ya, the whole biking to work, running at lunch and biking home was in my younger years when I was fit and trim haha  Oh, also not sure if you are aware of the correlation between dehydration and resting heart rate.  Just throwing that out there.

Lori – nice job commuting to work on the bike again!  I bet you are surprised how quickly your booty and legs acclimate.  Keep it up!  Hey, I was able to download David Goggins book so that may be next.  Thanks for the rec!

Lisa – hot yoga anything is a sweat fest!  Ugh on the sleep issues.  I’m almost wondering if I should get some bloodwork done because I can sleep a LOT!  Awwww DD is living the dream.  Love it!  And, yep, 8 hours doesn’t seem long enough for you.  12 it is!

HCK – ugh on the hair cut fiasco!  Are you still in search of someone you like?  That is frustrating!

Laura – nice miles this morning!  Going to try to channel you after work and get a few in.  Might be 80* if we make it.  Would be first time since mid-Sept.  Bring it!!

Sue – not thrilled over here to be working either haha.  But, gots to pay the bills.  Good luck with the IT shenanigans!

Carol – wha??  No need to be shakin in your boots over Grandma’s – you are killing this training!  That’s awesome you have peeps lined up for your long run tomorrow.  Makes the miles just click by.  Have a great one!!

Cathy – nice miles!  Hmmmm maybe I will shoot for 6 this afternoon just to keep up with you this week hee hee.  Nice you avoided the storms!  Here it was 68* with a 62* dewpoint when they rolled through.  Kinda sticky.  Awww poor DD – that does sound like stress with the hives!  YES on those perfect biking conditions!  I agree.  ESPECIALLY the no wind part haha.  And, thank you, I feel MUCH better that I’m not the only one that forgets what she has read!  Yes, those trees will be bare after the rain this weekend but sooooo pretty for these few days.  OMG on DD talking to the school psych about boy problems.  That made me laugh but good for her for seeking advice!  And, good on YOU for providing the same!

Not sure if today will be a rest day or I’ll manage to get out after work.  Storms rolled through from about 4am-6am.  But, now it’s a beautiful sunny day!  Ready for the weekend though not the weather.  I’m headed to Bis for nephew’s graduation where it will be 40*, rainy and that lovely NorDak wind.  Oh well, it will be good to see the fam.  Have a good Thursday, all!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

QOTD: Who has had one or more black toenails? Or lost toenails? I definitely have had a few black ones. The banging of the nail in the shoe or smooshing it in the toe has done it to me periodically.

Today I did 50 minutes running on the TM.

Happy exercise, All !

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, enjoy your rest day.  Im sure Ruger enjoyed his walk.  Bummer about not being able to go to the beach.

Damaris, YAY on applying for the job!  Keep us posted.  Sorry you weren't able to get outside.  30 e-mails, one case, yikes.

Laura, 2.7 is better than 0.

Sue, that is some tired sleep.  I wish I didn't toss and turn...  I wore my new watch to bed and it said I got very little deep sleep.  Of course I don't know what is a normal amount.  Enjoy the dogless peace.

Carol, sweet on the RBs keeping you company.  That will make the miles melt away.  And you will rock the marathon!  You killed the half at GC!

Cathy, easy miles are my friend.  They are really the only thing I know how to do.  Sorry your DD's are stressed currently.

Sandy, have a great weekend, even though the weather looks less than stellar.

Judy, I have had many black nails, and only two that fell off. Pinky toe and big toe.  Surprisingly they both grew back normally.

I did not get to bed early last night.  No surprise.  I need time to decompress after work.  The weather forecast for tomorrow is better, so

I am going try for a double digit run( WALK) then.  Try to go to bed early tonight and shoot for maybe 6 or 7am wakeup call.  Today I slept in a bit and it was already 72 when I got up.

New watch... I cannot figure the damn thing out.  I did manage to download some songs to it, but need some wireless earbuds.  Other than that, the watch is a mystery.  Youtube, here I come!!

Typical Thursday here, just got up and already ready for a nap.  Off to Best Buy soon for the earbuds.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Bikerchick1

Cathy - I so remember all the drama when my DD’s were going thru school...it was hard Sad.  And yet it always seemed after they got me all worried they would go on and forget about it....    Enjoy your non-plan running, you marathon training will be starting soon enough!

Sandy - Enjoy your weekend visit with the fam!  Hope you get some miles in after work!  Yes, I am very nervous about Grandma’s...it is a mental thing with me, when it has “marathon” in the title,

Kat - What watch did you get?  I used you tube to help with my new Garmin!  I felt great at GC, and am still kicking myself I didn’t do the Full.  Course the. I wouldn’t be going to Grandma’s and checking that stats off my list!

Judy - Yep, 2 black toenails, and have lost one, they have never been the same Sad

Damarias - Forget to tell you good luck on applying for the new position!  I can see you doing that!

Carol

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Carol, I got the brand new Garmin 945.  I compared alot of the watches battery life which is what I was after and this one is 36 hours on GPS, no music.  Fine as I don't listen to music on trails.  IF I am able to run Javelina, I will most certainly need more than the 18 hours I have on my current watch.  Yes, Youtube is in my future.  I tried one video already, but it wasn't basic enough...

Off to shower and get some earbuds.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

QOTD--black toenails---lost count 5-6 maybe???

When I first started running, I selected shoes based on price and cuteness!!! lol

Anonymous Guest

Just 4 miles for me this morning. I felt good out there and my watch agreed. First time since the marathon that the performance measurement thingy was a positive number the whole time, I think. And it actually went up over the course of the run from +2 to +5. Okay, just checked, yesterday was positive too but it went down over the run (but was still positive). Finally my watch thinks my training is productive again! In that short amount of time I was outside, less than forty minutes, some puppy noticed DH's computer power cord and chewed it up. I noticed he had left his computer on the table so the end of the cord was kind of sticking in the air on the couch and a certain puppy looking at it earlier, and thought to myself i should move it before I leave the house. And then forgot. So a trip to the Apple store and $80 later, here we are. He hasn't gotten into trouble for weeks....I was hoping we were over this.

Anyway, I fly out at noon tomorrow, I guess I'll spend the morning wearing out the dogs. I still need to pack. I'm flying United Basic Economy, so only the one small carryon that will fit under the seat. I guess I just need running clothes, something I can wear to church, and a couple days of shorts and shirts. It will probably be 80 here when I leave, but I'll be wearing long pants and probably a jacket!

HCK, I can't believe the stylist didn't look at your hair beforehand! My hair will shrink up and curl a ton when it dries and looks nothing like when it's wet.

Liz, bummer on missing out on the beach vacation. Worth it though for that Hawaii honeymoon!

Damaris, sleep is important! Don't blame you for getting whatever you can if you're not sleeping well.

Laura, 2.7 is better than nothing! I think just getting out there in the morning is a win.

Susan, between all the dog sitting, baby sitting, work stress and home repair stress, no wonder you were tired! You've had a lot on your plate lately, especially with DH gone.

Carol, yay for your running buddies! I did an 18 miler this spring where I ran with a new person every 6 miles. I think I titled that one my "it takes a village to get me a long run" run.

Cathy, aww, poor DD stressing out! Younger DD sounds really busy.

Sandy, laughing at your Chicago Marathon outfit. I ran my first half in a pair of I think Asics from Kohls. That were too small and made my one toenail cut into the next toe which started bleeding. And sweatpants. And a turtleneck and fleece vest from sailing.

Judy, nice 50 minutes!

QOTD: I currently have black toenails on both big toes. I tend to get them on trails or lots of downhill. A couple times I've lost them completely, usually they just grow out....I guess right now I've got two half black toenails. The bottom half is normal nail.

Kathryn, good luck on getting out for double digits tomorrow! It is really starting to warm up - I think they're calling for upper 80s or 90s next week. And I fear these overnight temps in the 60s are coming to an end. I probably only use about half of what my fancy watch is capable of!

Alright, I need to get to the grocery store so the boy has food to eat while I'm gone, and figure out what to pack. I have  put on a couple pounds since the marathon so need to check and make sure whatever I take actually fits......

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel