Womens Running

Weather is getting frightful Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 20 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST

TR - pulled pylons off a shelf at the store (Canadian Tire), lined them up all neat and tidy and then bowled himself into them, according to DH.

FR - fried noodles, veggies, curry flavoured fake meat.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

RR:  I would LOVE to get a run in after work 3.1 or 4 miles.  Will be inside and depends if DH isn't going nuts with both boys.

BR:  Too cute this morning with lots and lots of talking.  Makes my early wake up worth it.

TR:  Was also up early this morning.  Can count to 10 and is awesome with is alphabet!

NRR:  So tired and it is only my second day. It will take a while for me to get used to this.  Working on figuring out the best way to do things in the AM with nursing, etc.  I have to say my co-workers have been very welcoming which is  nice.   Now to ditch this sub and get my room back! Smile

FR:  DH made brownies last night.  It was a good before bed snack washed down with milk.  Yum.

zorbs - bowled himself, eh?  Sounds like fun! Smile  Hope you had a good ST workout.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 8k tonight w/ RP.  It's much warmer today, yay!

TR - for the first time ever told me she didn't want a bath last night, well she said she didn't want me to wash her, but just wanted to play, ha sorry kid, you gotta get clean!  Added 2 + 2 = 4 last night for dh!!

BR - has not wanted to feed herself lately, just wants me to feed her on a spoon, which is weird bc I've never spoon fed her, I think the dayhome lady does though.  It's a pain cause I can't eat at the same time.

FR - dh's in charge, I think there are leftovers.

NRR - the roads are terrible right now, this cold weather and all the snow has made them all ice, which makes traffic horrible anywhere you want to drive.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

running eh

RR - I will run when the sitter gets here.  I am going to sign up for a small half marathon in the spring.  $15 sign up fee!!

NRR - A raccoon took over our dog's doghouse last night.  He went nuts when he saw the raccoon this morning and barked for a good hour - poor neighbours!

FR - leftover cabbage roll casserole

KR - the kids had their Christmas program last night. I love how proud all the kids are - they stand up at the front and just smile from ear to ear!

Erniegirl

RR - Heading out for 8-9k. -15C (5F) with the windchill. Not CARunningGirl temps, but it's still going to be chilly!

TR - Keeps taking all the balls off our Christmas tree, putting them in her school bus and pushing them around the house.

FR - Garlicky tomato and lentil soup, sandwiches

NRR - I was going to visit a friend and her baby today (this is the friend who had the baby shower and then told everyone they weren't allowed to bring their babies) but she just texted me and said we can't come over because she (the friend, not the baby) has a cold. At this rate, her baby is going to be 10 years old by the time I see her, lol.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

Zorbs - now you know what to get him for Christmas - pylons Wink

mer- Hope you can find a good rhythm with everything.  I found that it took me a month or so to get a good routine down.  Brownies sounds good!

CA - your post about feeding O reminds me of when my kids were newborns.  My MIL is a fantastic cook and often DH's whole family would get together on Sundays.  Inevitably, the newborn would always want to eat when dinner was being served and therefore I often missed out on some of the best food.  It would annoy me like crazy!  Love that M is doing math, so cute.  Was she proud of herself?  Have a great run tonight!  Do you have any recommendations for winter running tights?  I want something a little warmer than my regular tights...

running eh

ernie - Too bad about the visit, but at least you have your day free now!   It's a perfect soup day, especially after your run!  Enjoy!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - Pylons would be an awesome toddler toy!

mer - I hope you can get your run in.  It takes a while to get used to the routine of getting up again... and that would be so much harder making time to nurse in the morning too!  Is he a fast or slow nurser?

r-eh - I saw your post re the $15 half, that's awesome!  Our dogs would lose their minds if there was a racoon in the yard.  YUM I love cabbage roll casserole!  I have a few pairs of tights, if it's really cold, I have some MEC ones that are at least 10 years old, but have a wind stopper on the quads, that are warm but not as flattering.  I also have LULU wonderunders, they are pretty warm.  I usually just double up if it's really cold though.  I did notice that MEC has smartwool tights, they might be worth trying.  Oh AND I think Costco has smartwool base layer, I have a top from Costco, but I think they had bottoms too, and the top was less than $20, so bottoms to layer under would be great.

ernie - Well today it's only going to be -1 C so nice and warm Smile  I'm a little afraid of what O's going to do to our Christmas Tree!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - is the sub the one who wore jeans to the interview?

CA - I guess since you did BLW you never learned to eat while feeding a kid at the same time. :P

eh - I remembered this morning who told me Marden was crazy mad hilly - it was DH.  I think they also had a $15 special last year, and we drove through the town on the way to Mount Forest, DH commented on the hilliness.

ernie - is your friend putting the baby in a bubble to protect from her cold? I was freezing walking from my car to the gym.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.7 miles last night, chilly buns even with lulu tights with windpants over the top. I'm afraid I'm going to have an ass-sicle all winter.

TR: I forgot his backpack of extra clothes at home, so I hope he doesn't have any accidents at daycare like he has had the past 2 days. A block from the house on our run last night, R started screaming POTTY POTTY POTTY so I ran as fast as I could and when we got home DH whisked him into the bathroom. I might have been a jerk and yelled back- BE QUIET AND HOLD IT I'M RUNNING AS FAST AS I CAN!

FR: Roasted turkey breast, carrots, and potatoes and sauteed mushrooms. Nom.

NRR: I'm getting a day of shopping by myself on Sunday. Woot!  Family Christmas that I am skipping is this Saturday and I feel no guilt or stress over it whatsoever, feels nice.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I saw a recipe for Mongolian Tofu that I want to try. http://www.thejeyofcooking.com/mongolian-tofu/

Mer- are you still having to pump in that shared office thing?

CA- I'm suprised you guys got any precipitation with how cold its been. We don't get snow here unless its like 25-32*F. I only bathe R like 2-3x a week max or his eczema gets out of control. He pointed at a smudge on his arm this morning and said it was an owie- I told him it was just dirt.

eh- mmm I haven't make cabbage roll casserole in a while!

Ernie-If it makes you feel better, I have several people who are supposedly my friends that have babies that are a few weeks to a few months old that I haven't seen. I haven't really made the effort to go, or whenever I want to we get some kind of bug at our house.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - nope I've never really spoon fed a baby...

spike - maybe you should stuff a couple of those hand warmers down your shorts Smile We have a spare set of clothes that stays permanently at the sitters.  I only bathe them once a week usually, M hadn't had a bath since we got home from Seattle, so it was time... mostly it's her hair that needs it as it gets full of food.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- Reid has several sets of clothes, but I brought his backpack home last night to restock (which I did) but forgot to grab it on my way out the door. Daycare does not launder soiled clothes.

runnergirl9508

RR: 8 miles this morning in feels like temps of 10*. It actually was great once I warmed up. I enjoy the colder running weather much more than the hot! Wore my new mitts from CA, and my hands were toasty- thank you!

TR: all better from his cold, and spent the morning running laps through the house, chasing the dog. He was great when we shopped in Target this morning, thanks to a $2 toy phone that was in the "stocking stuffer" bins. Nice.

NRR: addressing and mailing out Christmas cards today. I just sliced my finger open with a paring knife while I was chopping stuff for my salad.. it's still bleeding pretty good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- lol on the human bowling! does B have a bowling set at home? good Christmas idea for him, I guess! fake meat- like boca crumbles or similar?

mer- aww, H sounds so sweet! hope you can get a run in today- those first couple of weeks back to work and adjusting to a new schedule are hard. glad that you have such great coworkers. mmm, brownies! I love brownies, normally. but I have a serious aversion right now to anything sweet, other than fruit. weird. what pregnant lady doesn't enjoy cookies and ice cream?!

CA- yay for a warmer day! hope you have a great run. wow, great job on the adding, m! I am pretty sure I'm going to do BLW with this one- I made all of R's food when he was a baby- pureed fruits, veggies, etc, and he ate really well then. But now he's being a picky 2-yo and I can hardly get him to touch fruits and veggies, other than bananas and peas. Go figure. Ugh on the bad roads- I hate icy roads!

reh- hope you have a great run today! omg on the raccoon in your doghouse!!! what's in cabbage casserole? aw, the kids Christmas program sounds really cute!

ernie- brrr, hope you stayed warm on your run! LOL on S undecorating the tree- R tried a few times, and has given up on it thankfully! at least your friend was nice enough to let you know ahead of time about her cold! I hate showing up to visit people and them hacking all over the place. thanks, really.

spike- LOL on the assicle. my butt cheeks were so cold this morning after my run too. glad that R lets you know about potty- and that you were so close to being back home. ahhh, a day of shopping sounds lovely! DH and I talked about doing that this weekend too- I will go out solo one day and he'll go out the next. so much easier without a toddler in tow!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - glad you like the mitts!  Good that R is all better, kids bounce back pretty quick from these things, which is nice.  I am a huge fan of BLW, M still went through a big picky phase around 2 yrs though, she's better now, but still sometimes doesn't want certain things.  I just don't give in and make anything special, and she has to eat a bit of everything from the meal if she wants a bedtime snack or any treats.  I bet R will get better when he's over 3... keep offering things.  M has even been trying spicy food lately, which she used to hate.