Womens Running

We Have Achieved Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

It's good to be back with all of you.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, outside running falls often happen to me when tree roots constantly grow higher through the asphalt on the trail. I am now more careful of them. I physically recall all the places my falls happened. The fear gets to be less with time. The trauma of the broken wrist and surgery for you accentuates it for you, I am sure. :::HUGS:::

My runs since I left for vacation.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday Buddy and I did 75 minutes out on the trail. It rained a little but enough to cool us off.Knee is doing ok for running. Skin feels tight over it.

Monday 35 minutes running outside, then walking

Tuesday more walking

Wednesday and more walking

Thursday even more walking

Friday SDO due to return from trip. I really missed the running routine while I was gone.

Saturday 80 minutes of cardio DVD

Sunday Buddy and I did 70 minutes out on the trail

Today will be an inside track run after a run for salad fixings.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Camille what about Savannah in November?

Welcome re back Judy.

Glad you got home ok Judy

just a short walk for me. Today is a rest day

Marjorie

Good Morning!!!  It was so brutally hot here this weekend--kinda took it easy.  BF built a bike rack int he back of his truck, so we took the bikes to the park and rode an hour.  Sunday morning I did 8 miles and it was awful.  Heat was just too much for me, even at 0600.

Easy swim at the pool this morning.

Have a great day!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Did 16 with 5 @ MP yesterday and they went well. 5 and weights tonight.

Great pics on yesterday's thread.

Karen, I was called up on the ice bucket challenge and I still have not done it.  I will probably donate.  I hate being called out like this.  Even if I do the challenge, I will not call on other people and will not post it in FB.

Judy, nice runs!

Marjorie, enjoy the walk.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sue, hiya!  Nice ride.

Damaris

ginnyb

Lisa...I still think of your Kaite as a little girl, from the first time I met you all, she has grown into a beautiful young lady, when did that Happen?  My GD, Mikayla, still asks about her.  I loved your pics of the raccoons...funny how they followed you.

Karen...Yes, I am over the ice bucket challenge too, thank goodness no one challenged me.  Good job on your 10-miler, sorry your sister wasn't quite up to snuff.  Your house in Texas sounds like it is going to be so nice......

Camille...I kind of wish I had not registered for the 3 halfs that I am doing this Fall.  Hoping as time goes on, I start to feel more confident. again.

I did a 8 mile, walk more than run, on Saturday and this morning I did the same with 3.5 miles with a little more running than I did on Saturday, but I feel really tired besides being afraid of falling again...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Ginny, I'm so impressed that you're out doing 8 milers already, even walking.  That's dedication.

Marjorie, I have heard good things about RnR Savannah. I'm keeping it in mind, though I generally prefer non RnR races.   It's $125 already. It seems prices have escalated recently, though maybe it's because I used to sign up early.

Judy, it sure sounds like you got a lot of walking in on your trip.

Sue and Demaris, hi!

Cindy, cute kiddo photos on FB!

Forgot-I am hoping to bike this afternoon. It's rainy here, but supposed to be a lull in it later.

Anonymous Guest

Hi all,

Glad I'm not the only one tired of the ice bucket thing. Yes, it's a horrible disease and if this is raising a lot of money, great. But I'm not one to make a video of myself doing anything. And I don't want to put anyone else on the spot. I've donated to ALS in the past, my cousin died from it last year and it sounds like a miserable disease. I guess I just don't like being "challenged" or being guilted into doing something, like I wouldn't do a good thing on my own initiative.

Also, foot feels a lot better today. I'm hoping my low pain tolerance and fear of injury is helping me catch this one early and maybe it will be a quick recovery. Probably no running all week. Planning on a bike ride after work instead. Work is crazy, even with working a little during my time off I am still swamped and behind. Just taking a quick lunch break to catch my breath before the next conference call.

Welcome back Judy!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi all,

Glad I'm not the only one tired of the ice bucket thing. Yes, it's a horrible disease and if this is raising a lot of money, great. But I'm not one to make a video of myself doing anything. And I don't want to put anyone else on the spot. I've donated to ALS in the past, my cousin died from it last year and it sounds like a miserable disease. I guess I just don't like being "challenged" or being guilted into doing something, like I wouldn't do a good thing on my own initiative.

Also, foot feels a lot better today. I'm hoping my low pain tolerance and fear of injury is helping me catch this one early and maybe it will be a quick recovery. Probably no running all week. Planning on a bike ride after work instead. Work is crazy, even with working a little during my time off I am still swamped and behind. Just taking a quick lunch break to catch my breath before the next conference call.

Welcome back Judy!

I feel exactly the same way.

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Judy - welcome back!  You were very busy Smile

Marjorie - Enjoy your rest day.

Sue - Nice pool swim sounds wonderful!

Damarias - Great job on your 16!!!

Ginny So glad you are getting back out there!

Karen - hope you get caught up on your work!

Quads are a little sore from yesterday's run.  Going to stability ball class which will help stretch things out Smile

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen don't forget the roller I sent you a while back.

You can also look up low dye taping that will help.

Anyone ne used a fit bit?  I just bought one for dh. He is making a serious attempt to get his weight under control. We had anot her discussion and I asked him what will it take. He is headed for a heart attack. Does he need a WTF moment to really make the change. By then it could be too late. It took the kidney surgeries for him to change some of the stuff that led to that. Since his dad's heart issues and two uncles, he needs to be aware. He has done well for two weeks. He knows he has to account every day because I ask. He isn't doing much exercise yet but is really watching the food. I'm going with him to the store and planning his meals. Just think the fit bit will help some too to give him some feedback.

Camille  I think Savannah is one of the few RnR races that doesn't have too bad a rep.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I used a FitBit for a few months but it did not give me more information than I could already gather with my Garmin, my counting calories website, etc.  I did not buy the one that includes sleep mode, though.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Now if your husband is one that would not do it on his own, the FitBit should be helpful to him.

Damaris

Hi there!  Thanks for the concern yesterday about the Napa earthquake.  My DH and I stayed up in Novato on Saturday night, which was a half hour away from the race in Santa Rosa and less than an hour away from Napa.  I had set my alarm for 3:45 am and was sort of awake already when the shaking started at 3:20 am.  I knew instantly what it was, and it lasted a LONG time as earthquakes go.  But the race went off without a hitch and our home in Half Moon Bay was fine.  And all things considered, the damage in Napa could have been much worse since 6.0 is not a small earthquake.  (MTA: Lisa, your sister lives in Napa area, right?  Everything okay for her?)  The marathon went fine, although I couldn't stick to my goal of running with the 4:10 pacer.  My "B" goal was to finish ahead of the 4:20 pacer, and I at least accomplished that, finishing in 4:18.  A very well run race that I think we'll probably do again.

Judy, welcome back!  Sounds like an active vacation.

CrazySue, ugh on the heat.  Doesn't sound fun.

Damaris, nice long run yesterday!

GinnyB, 8 miles of walking is great exercise.

Karen, glad the foot is improving.  Sounds like a good idea to take it easy on running this week to let it heal fully.

Carol, your quads must have gotten a good workout!  I would not have welcomed a run-in with racoons either.

Marjorie, I haven't used a Fit Bit.  Is your DH a gadget person?  Maybe it will help him get on track with being more active since he'll see concrete results.  Changing eating habits is tough but it sounds like you're making progress.  Hope he sticks with it.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR