Womens Running

Wild about Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

Who isn't wild about Wednesday?

The line forms to the left.

Not sure if I mentioned it by the high school musical at DD's school, Les Miserables, sold out every performance except for the Thursday night one.  They even added a Sunday evening showing with understudies as leads (had a Saturday matinee with them also) and that sold out.  First time ever apparently for them to sell out and then to do it 5 times in a weekend was impressive.  People went multiple times according to dd. At $10 a pop for adults.

Off to gym.

Lisa

camille2

Good morning, Lisa!  The kids must have done a great job. I love the music.

I did 4 yesterday half mile loops at the park. It might have been 4.5 since it was faster than I expected so I added a lap in case I miscounted. )likely)  It was a perfect day for it-50's and breezy.  Hip is ok this a.m.

My plumber is coming this a.m (I think) and the TDS (internet) guy is supposed to come, too. I didn't run at the greenway  on the way home from my mom's yesterday because the internet guy was supposed to come at noon, but they called at 2 and said he couldn't make it.  Hopefully today. It's way slower and there's interference on the line.

I'll try to be back to catch up on personals. Everyone have a great day!

<Waves hand> Not wild about Wednesday, right here!  Stalling before getting the day started...

Hi Lisa.  How great for those kids (and whoever is in charge) to have put together a performance like that.

Hi Camille.  Glad to see you got in your 4 miles (we're supposed to be keeping you accountable, right?   Wink

Hi to everyone else.  Off to the salt mine.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

ginnyb

Lisa....they must have done a phenomenal job with les Mis.  Love the music!  Hope the calf feels better.

Carol...we knew you would do it!

Did do my DVD yesterday morning, SDO today, 5 on the schedule for tomorrow morning.  I am following an old SmartCoach program from runners world that I have used before.  I seem to do better if it is staring me in the face on the fridge every day.  I kind of started late though and it has me doing 9 on Sunday, don't think I should do that.  I just want to get up to 10 miles again before the Half, which is still 5 weeks away.  I should be able to do that if my body behaves.

Goodmorning Camille!

Have good day at work Damaris!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

A few of my co-workers have taken on the planking challenge and have been talking to me about it, anyway today I said to one lady "after you master the plank you will have to try a side plank"  She asked me to demonstrate, so I did.  After a couple of minutes here she comes with 2 other coworkers to show them.  They were amazed that I could do one, they couldn't get themselves off the floor.  So, not that I am blowing my own horn, but a lot of the time I really don't think I am that "fit", but I sure impressed these ladies!  Made me feel good.

Just had to share with someone who knows what I mean.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Ginny, you impressed me, too!  I hate planks and other static exercises.

Gatsby, I hope you're feeling normal again. Stomach bugs are misery.  Did I miss the link to your photos?

Cindy, I'm pretty impressed with your 20"/day of exercise. You're very consistent.

Marjorie, it's hard to believe Easter is next week.  I hope everything goes OK with your dad.  It's nice that your making baskets for them. I always do for DD but might copy your idea for my mom this year. She could use a few things though she's not a candy eater.

Karen, I love those pics of you on Facebook.  You look so lean and fast!

Tessa, I hope your life is settling down a bit.

Carol, it's exciting that you're going to  do the full.  Enjoy!

No Judy today?

Thinking of people we're missing, anyone know how Linda from CA is doing?

Both the plumber and the internet guy have come.  I have laundry going now and water isn't spewing everywhere, so things are looking up!

I signed up for a 5k on Sat. We'll see if I can manage the "Don't race!" "run them easy" and "don't compare times to last year" advice from my PT discharge session.  I think it'll be fun just to be in a race atmosphere again, so I'm excited.

On another note, last night I counted up the states I've done a half or full in and it's 21.  At my first half (Iowa), I jokingly said I might be able to do a half in half the states. I think I've shared this a few times, but it was my first exposure to Maniacs and 50 Staters.  Our mouths were hanging open as we overheard some of the conversations! Some guy was not  just running a marathon in 50 states, but trying to BQ in all 50.  At the time, I thought they were nuts!  Times and perspectives change. Now, they/you guys seem normal!  That joke became a goal I've casually pursued over the last several years and if I can get to that distance again over summer, I want to finish the 25 next fall/winter.  It such fun looking at race calendars.

I'm heading to the gym to for core and will walk at the park.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.4 for me today. Good run.

Will be back in a bit.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Camille Judy is off internet while on vacation so she won't be on for a few weeks. We have a plumber coming tomorrow to put the full house filter in and fix a leaky faucet in the shower. The hot water heater should be in by Friday too.

I am trying to be sweet Lisa!  Ha. The problem with his linked in is he has nothing in his profile. His name and contact and that is it. Just odd.

Ginny ied side planks are tough!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Rest day for me today. Feeling a little under the weather.

Ginny. love the planking story - how awesome are you!

Hi to all.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel