Womens Running

IT'S FRIDAY, DIVAS! (Read 16 times)

SassySparky

Big grin Wahoo! we made it!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Did an easy 3 this morning - it was really tough and took me forever with lots of stopping to stretch. That time trial wiped me out, I'm incredibly sore after that workout! I even took Advil this morning. Tomorrow is the big long run of 15 miles. I got a new Nathan fuel belt and I'm excited to use it instead of Big D's Amphipod one, which was always falling off of me. And so far, I really like my Garmin Forerunner 210!

RR2: I'm still pretty worn out from this marathon training! I have been taking a multivitamin, iron, and eating more protein, and trying my best to get more sleep. I just hope that it's not too much for me.

NRR: Today I have lab meeting this morning, teaching an assay to another postdoc, then learning how to culture bacteria this afternoon from another lab. Kind of a busy day here. I'm looking forward to going home and sitting tonight. We just started Netflix again (had gotten rid of it for a few months) and started "orange is the new black" the other night. I'm still on the fence about it. Another new show we started is "The Bridge" on FX which is really interesting and good.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

melrunner

Morning Sassy!!!

MorNing girls!!!

TriR, spinning in the AM and 2 mile OWS after work. 12 mile LR tomorrow and 5:30 bike Sunday, but we want to get our first 100 miler for the year!!

NtriR, went to Pound  last night to volunteer orientation. So sad to see the conditions those pups are in. I am not going to start volunteering until after IM Florida since I am currently going to the Hospital now weekly.

Have a great day girls!!

MA runner girl

Morning sassy!

rr: blah feeling like a blob after only run this week so far. My foot feels a little better so hoping I can feel good enough for a few miles tomorrow. Getting anxious about my half in 5 weeks!

nrr: heading to my friends pool in about an hour! Looking forward to relaxing a bit. C is being so cute right now, trying to sit himself up. Oye, how is he growing so fast?? I made cookies last night for tomorrow, just have to frost them. Thanks everyone for liking my cookie page!! Very excited about it.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

monk717

Happy Friday!

RR: A tough 3 this morning... I just have to keep telling myself that these hard runs are making me stronger! Hoping to between 4 and 5 this weekend, probably Sunday.

NRR: The week without daycare is almost over... DH had a tough day yesterday. Safe to say niether of us is cut out to be a stay-at-home parent and we admire those who are. Hopefully today will be better for him. Not sure what's on tap this weekend. We're hopefully going to see some friends who will be driving through the area Sunday on their way home from a wedding. Tomorrow we may take the kids to a park or the farmers market or something cheap to get out of the house. Maybe the biggest thing, and this is kinda sad (but exciting in that grown up way), is that I'm buying a new vacuum cleaner this weekend. Any recommendations for good mid-priced (no more than $150-$200) brands/models appreciated. Our old one probably could be fixed, but its six years old so maybe just more cost effective to buy a new one. It needs to be able to handle lots of hair, both human and canine. Our carpet is currently really gross right now because the last time I tried to vacuum on Sunday it basically just pushed the dirt and dust around.

sassy: You are amazing. Glad you like your new Garmin. I think I may go back to my old garmin, as much as I like the map my run app, I don't like carrying my phone on runs.

meli: Thats so neat that you're doing so much volunteer work. I wish I could carve out the time for that.

MA: I am continually amazed at how advanced C is! I'm going to like your cookies page for sure! Have fun at the pool.

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. LR tomorrow.

NRR: The big exciting news is that we had thunderstorms last night, so we had actual rain for the first time in a LONG time. I'm not sure how extensive the system was, but hopefully it helped with some of the local fires. It'd be nice to have clearer air for a while. I went out with some work people last night for beer and habanero pizza, and I'm feeling it a bit from both. It was fun, though. Going to a friend's party tonight and working/working out this weekend.

Sassy - Did you run any after your TT yesterday? I wonder why your legs are so sore.. are they just sore in general from the training?

Mel - The animal shelter/pound can be really sad. I have almost cried a few times, like the day before Thanksgiving..but I try to remind myself that they are all going home eventually.

MA - Have fun at your friend's pool. Love the cookie page!

Monk - Glad you survived the week without daycare. How are your DH's job prospects?

outwestrunner

Well I just read that the storm caused more fires. ugh.

AND a lot of the homeowners over in Sun Valley didn't follow the firewise precautions, like thinning the trees around their houses, etc. Makes me sick. The government is spending all this money and the firefighters are risking their lives, and all you have to do is cut some trees around your house and change your roof.  ARGH    Okay sorry.

LucyBelle

Happy Friday!!!

And happy birthday to RLTW if she's lurking!! Big grin

RR: Ran a super easy 2 miles with my sister yesterday. We are going to start running together a few mornings a week - I'm so excited to have my RP back again! I'm still congested and lacking energy from my cold, but I want to try for an upper body HIIT workout after work today.

NRR: Well, my life right now can pretty much be summed up like this - wedding wedding wedding wedding wedding! I have my hair and makeup trial tomorrow, then visiting to venue to draft a seating chart. Sunday I'm crafting center pieces. Tonight is date night for CRF and me though, we've decided to make every Friday an official date night. Tonight it's either order pizza, for ice cream, go bowling, or order pizza and take it with us to the drive-in movies! Now if only my nasty sinus congestion would leave me alone...

Sassy: Sorry you're so sore! Just make sure you stick to your easy pace on your LR tomorrow, and maybe try an ice bath after? Other times, try a hot bath with Epsom salt!

Meli: Ugh visiting the pound/shelter makes me cry. I would never be able to volunteer there because I'd take home all the animals!

MaRunner: C looked so grown up in the pic you posted last night! Have fun at the pool...jealous!

Monk: Hmmm I've only ever had hardwood floors so I'm not much help with vacuum recommendations...maybe something specifically for pet hair?

Outwest: Habanero pizza sounds delish. I'm craving pizza so badly!

outwestrunner

Lucy - The pizza is good, once it cools down from being in the oven. It is HOT otherwise. Some of my coworkers ate a 12" pizza that had 18 habaneros on it. The pizza was SO orange, it was ridiculous. They were sweating, crying, etc...

LucyBelle

Please excuse my typos...I am on the ipad and I haaaate typing with it, but CRF needs the laptop for school now. MY laptop btw, which I bought before we met. Oh well. Roll eyes

Responding to some personals from yesterday:

NC: I did post pics of my dress on fb a while back, when I first got it, but they're not that great because it was 4 sizes too big.

Meli: I'm really not taking much time off for the wedding. I don't have much vacation time left, plus CRF can't take time off since he's just starting school. We will hopefully take a belated honeymoon somewhere warm in January. I'm just planning to take the Thursday and Friday before the wedding, and the Monday after off.

lizo_77

thank goodness it's friday!

RR: went to the gym for 1.5 miles and weights. felt good.  tomorrow is 11 miles... hoping to wake up early enough so I can get out there and get it done.

NRR: M and I are hoping to go to the steve jobs movie tonight and out for dinner somewhere. There's a local indian restaurant that I went to the other day that I love. He hasn't been there. Hopefully he's up to it! Otherwise, a crazy day at the office as usual.

We got a treadmill last night! It's being delivered next saturday. Can't wait! Now we need to clear some space in the basement...

sassy: I find that if the tiredness persists, slow down a bit and eat more. I remember my first marathon, and having to adjust my training and eating to not feel too weak. you're training right! you go girl! and yay for a new garmin!

Mel: that's so cool about you volunteering at the pound!

MA: cool beans about the cookies! wish M liked cookies more. I'd make tons more than I do! Maybe it's a good thing.

monk: good luck getting the new vacuum cleaner! I totally understand your excitement!

melrunner

Lizo congrats on the treadmill!!!

Sassy eat more! Make sure you are also eating Oldie!!!!! For my marathon trainings I would always add more snacks and hydrate a ton more!

MA I showed DH Cs picture of his cheeks!! Love him!!

Monk how did the potty training goo the other day?

OWR I don't know if I am going to be able to volunteer there because I want to take them all home ad it's heartbreaking. I did play with some of the pups last night. Unfortunately the pound is still a high kill shelter. They do now have a transport program and some of the pups are being transported to Idaho!!! I thought that was pretty cool! did you see in the news about Yosemite and the fires???

Lucy love your wedding time crunch time! And Friday date night!

NorCal

Morning ladies!!!

RR. Had a fabulous tempo run yesterday! Today is just an easy 3, hoping DH will go with me. Smile

NRR. This is the last week of me being jealous of you all celebrating Friday! Tomorrow is my last Saturday working! YAY! In the future, I might see some clients on Saturday, but no working at 8am! Super happy about leaving this job, regardless of what the future holds for me.

Yesterday was SUPER FUN! Picked S up from school, which is insane, parents, kids, little siblings everywhere, so overwhelming! lol. But we went to WF and got ice cream and cookies (she was so shocked because I normally only let her do healthy treats) and then went and got pedicures. So cute! We went and hung out with DH and L for a bit before I took her home. Such a good kid!

Working at home this morning then seeing a couple of clients this afternoon.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

Sassy- Hope you recover well today for your LR tomorrow! It is exhausting, training for a marathon!

MA- Love the new C picture, so cute! Enjoy your time at the pool!

Meli- Kill shelters are so depressing, but those are the dogs that need the most love. And by socializing them and exercising them, they will be more adoptable and learn to trust people.

OWR- Fires there too! Sheesh, they are everywhere! Big ones here by Yosemite and Tahoe, a lot of our local firefighters are headed there.

Lizo- Have a great date night! Smile

Lucy- I'll have to look on FB for the dress, I can't picture it! And I too am craving pizza! I think we're doing homemade pizza Sunday night- with roasted sweet potato and kalamata olives, from a recipe that I found.

PRs: 

NorCal

Lucy- I found the pics on FB, now I remember it! So pretty!!!!

PRs: