Womens Running

Totally Thursday - Supermoms (Read 10 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K with Sam.

RR#2 - I sent DH to run the same trails where I got lost and mosquito bitten last week, and of course he freaking loved it. (and didn't get bitten even though he said he saw tons of mosquitoes)

KR - I asked him what he ate for lunch at daycare and he replied, "I eat peoples!" uh, I don't think daycare lady serves soylent green.  Kindergarten orientation tonight.

FR - the kindergarten thing has a spaghetti dinner.  I  may need a snack if the dinner turns out to be gross.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

Rr:  not today. Spin last night was good and then I got 2.5 miles in!

BR:  is now coughing.  These boys have had runny noses and coughing for way too long.

TR:  just adores our babysitter. Although, her living 29 minutes away is getting old.

NRR:Long day for me.  Getting a hair cut after work, then more work, then dinner with my boys, and the. 8th grade promotion

FR:  I'm ready for a family sit down meal....won't be happening in the next few days.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD, ran 5.5 km's yesterday, legs are definitely still feeling tired, and my left IT/hamstring is sore, taking it easy!

KR - came home from the dayhome with pink shoulders yesterday, asked DH to not send her in sleeveless tops.  I know the dayhome lady puts sunscreen on them, she must have missed her shoulders.  I think M has my skin though and I'm sure in a week she'll be dark brown and won't burn the rest of the summer.

TR - was a grouch for DH last night, I went for a run, DH was thinking he would bail on his run until he spent 35 minutes with a cranky toddler, then he was getting changed when I walked in the door.  She was also up in the night, not sure what's up with that!

FR - no clue...  this has been a very disorganized week.

NRR - off tomorrow, M is at preschool and I'll send O to the dayhome, and I'm going to finish planting my garden!

zorbs - I'm jealous of ON's all day preK!!  Life would be so much easier if there were all day solutions for these young kids.

mer - yikes on the long day!  Won't be long till you're done though, hang in there!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - it must be terrible to not have sit down meals.  What is promotion? is it the same as graduation?

CA - well hopefully PC won't win the provincial election on the 12th, because it is in their platform to get rid of the all day K that the Liberals put in years ago.  I normally don't give a shit about politics but I am voting because I need that kindergarten!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I said to my DH that I wished we had all day K like ON, and he said, well that's why they're broke, lol.  I'd even pay for all day preK or something but other than daycare there aren't any all day options here Sad  thank god for grandparents.

runninmer

CA/Zorbs - When you talk Kindergarten, are you talking about what they do right before 1st grade?  Or like a 4K program?  J is starting 3K in the fall and we pay a "tuition"  4K is a part of the school system so I don't think we will be paying for that.  THEN he will go to Kindergarten.  So essentially 3K/4K would be preschool.

Upcoming Races: 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - in Ontario they have Junior and Senior Kindergarten, so one for 4 yrs and one for 5 yrs, both are all day and a part of the public school system.  In Alberta we just have regular kindergarten for 5 yrs old, and most schools only have half day or part time programs, it is part of the school system.  We are going to send M to a semi-funded, private Kindergarten at age 5 because it's all day, and the schools in our district are only half day K's.  I can't even find any all day pre kindergarten programs, private or public, so am SOL on that.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: SRD, which is good because we are under a wind advisory.

TR: We cleaned up his room last night, I may have gone a little OCD and sorted his toys by type into different bins, they will be all disorganized by tomorrow I'm sure.

FR: last night was spicy chicken tacos. Tonight will be pork tenderloin.

NRR: Dh is picking up the Jeep tonight, going out with friends tomorrow night. I talked to DH about getting a cleaning lady after we get settled into things, and he's on board.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I always eat something light before I go to potlucks, bqqs, etc, for that very reason.

Mer- I've always thought that 6th/8th grade promotions were weird. Around here they only do it in the really rural areas where the populations are 75%+ hispanic because kids often drop out of school before high school Sad

CA- Daycare puts sunscreen on R twice a day but he is till getting quite tan, so I took sunglasses and a bucket hat to help protect his face/ears/neck. DH is 1/8 Cherokee so he tans very dark, whereas I have to apply SPF 50 every hour to avoid sunburn lol

R will tell anyone who will listen that he's going to go to preschool when he's bigger, but I don't actually intend to put him in preschool. He will be 3 in a month and knows all of his shapes, colors, can count to 20 for the most part, can sing ABCs and recognize some of them on sight, is already socialized from being in daycare since he was 8 weeks old, and by the time he's 5, he should have enough knowledge to go right to Kindergarten. I get some raised eyebrows from locals like I'm a bad mom for not wanting to spend an extra hour a day in the middle of my workday running kids around town.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I would have skipped preschool also except M was not happy at the dayhome full time, it wasn't engaging her.  Plus we have grandparents to help shuffle.  Do you have all day K there?  It's been super windy and stormy here the last few evenings.

superspike113

Honorary Old

K is all day here. It was half days up until about 8-9 years ago. DH brought up that if we have another kid, maybe I should drop down to PT. I don't know what I think about that, on the one hand it would be nice, but on the other, it already bothers me that DH makes so much more money than I do, I feel like I need to contribute more than part time work. I know its all in my head, its just my feminist side.

runninmer

spike - A lot of people around here have the same mentality as you.  J learned a lot from his little class, but I think he really needs to work on the social piece and learning to take instruction from someone other than a family member.  My only concern right now is colors.  J talks like an adult and can count at least to 10...we haven't tried to go higher than that, and knows his ABC's.  I asked DH last night if he ever wonders if J is color blind and he thinks I am an idiot for even considering it.  We are also lucky (when she is better) to have Grandma around to help...as well as flexibility with DH's schedule.

Upcoming Races: 

runnergirl9508

RR: 6 miles this morning- solo run, which felt great after pushing the stroller three days in a row this week.

TR: no nap yesterday, but he was good and didn't melt down until bath time. I asked him what he wanted for lunch today, and his response was "PB and jelly, at 12 o'clock." Hahaha. Telling him that we will be doing a certain thing when the clock says x time seems to help avoid meltdowns.

NRR: cleaning, laundry today. Grocery shopped this morning. My mom's coming out tomorrow for the weekend! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- I'm always happy when DH's oldest sister is around, as she seems to be the mosquito magnet in the family, lol. Hope that Kindergarten orientation goes well tonight, and that dinner is good. I'd probably have a salad or some fruit beforehand, as I've found most mass dinners like that lack healthy options.

Mer- nice workout yesterday! I saw your post from yesterday- a 10 mile race sounds fun! I've never raced that distance. ugh on the babysitter living so far away. Hope that your long day goes well. It's funny how you miss the meal times together when you go several days without it. I hope that the boys are healthy soon. I have been wondering what the typical 3yr old preschool class is like- I'm sure there is much variety in the kids skills. R can count to 30+, knows all his letters and colors, and is ridiculously strong and fast for his age, but he still needs help getting dressed/undressed.

CA- smart call on the SRD. R's rocking a farmer's tan on his arms and a sock line on his feet already, oops! Ha, a cranky kid is great incentive to get out the door to run. Is your DH training for another race? Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

spike- crazy about the wind advisory! Ha- I totally sort my R's toys the same way- cars in one bin, blocks in another...Yay for a cleaning lady. I wish we could hire someone to do a deep clean once a month on the things I hate to clean, like the tub and shower. We are leaning towards preschool for R specifically for the social aspect. The only moms group I've found around here is a MOPS group that meets at a church, and they're all very churchy type people.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - A lot of people around here have the same mentality as you.  J learned a lot from his little class, but I think he really needs to work on the social piece and learning to take instruction from someone other than a family member.  My only concern right now is colors.  J talks like an adult and can count at least to 10...we haven't tried to go higher than that, and knows his ABC's.  I asked DH last night if he ever wonders if J is color blind and he thinks I am an idiot for even considering it.  We are also lucky (when she is better) to have Grandma around to help...as well as flexibility with DH's schedule.

I started teaching colors by using colored candy like skittles for potty training. He had to guess the color before he got it

superspike113

Honorary Old

I talked to daycare lady about it, she has a degree in early childhood education, and she says she has no doubts that R will be smart enough to start school when he's 5, but she wonders a bit about his maturity, because right now he uses his smarts to be devious and get into trouble. SHe said, in her experience, preschool is more about learning to follow directions and certain fine motor skills like scissors, all things she does.