Womens Running

At least its not Monday TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

All the National Days suck for today. So thats all I got!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me. Body Pump tonight.

Good run! When I get to this last week they all sort of feel like a "chore". I just want to get the race over with so my mind stops going crazy! This is usual routine for me. Smile Humidity and heat are back. We are going to be at 91 on Thursday. Weather guy says we are 15 degrees above average with no end in sight - at least not in the 10 day forecast. MAYBE a cool down mid-month. This is so depressing. 

You ladies have me excited about wedding!! I have put it in the back of my mind since it is so far away!

Carol – Nice miles over the weekend! Sorry you are frustrated with RB. I would be, too!! Has she ran a marathon before? Body Pump AND spin?! Brave woman. LOL..I like that show, too! My mom will be one of those typical moms from that show Smile

Docket – Gone with the wind ruffles!!! Did you wear a wedding dress at your wedding?!

Lisa – Hope you enjoyed Vinyasa! Ah, I see why you didn’t like Halloween much. I think its more the time of year for me. Though, in my early 20’s I did love those scanty outfits Smile When is DD’s wedding again? Yes! I remember voting for her dress! I agree about A line dresses – very flattering. OMG on your trail sighting.

Karen – Woohoo! Nice run on Sunday and nice mileage. Nope, no taper for you! I was just thinking this morning that I don’t feel like I am tapering. Taper niggles everywhere. I was like, maybe if I go out and run 16 miles I will feel better Smile I am laughing at your cheapness with Spirit Airlines. LOL. Don't judge me but I am busting out my Fall wear. I am getting the flannels and the sweaters out. Probably my cute boots. Why? Because I am going to SOAK IT IN. When I am not naked on the patio of course. DUH I keep forgetting that you went to St Thomas! You have told me this several times.

Lori – Yes and yes about Fall! HCF is Hot Contractor Finance. He was just Hot Contractor..then Hot Contractor Boyfriend Smile I think its cool that these ladies were all here from the BEGINNING. From when HC was just a guy I worked with Smile

Happy Tuesday!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 with 2 @ MP.  I have a meeting of creditors this afternoon but it looks easy enough for me to even try to be home on time if not a bit earlier.

Liz, no wedding dress for me. I had a blue dress I bought somewhere.  Nice run.

Damaris

5 Decent miles this morning.  I wasn't sure how it would go since I did the Beach Battle training yesterday. Ran to Beach Park, did some obstacle training, ran in the sand home.  My legs are bruised and rope burned. Climbing rope -1 Susan 0. lol  The Battle for Buffet Beach is next month, so they are providing some training to help folks out.

WFH this morning,  waiting for the A/C guys to come clean the system.

Jake is in really bad shape.. He stopped eating and drinking yesterday and can barely get off the bed. He coughed up blood yesterday...waiting for the vet's office to open. DH got him to eat a couple of bites of canned dog food from a spoon, and I'll try a peanut butter covered pain pill in a bit.  Poor buddy.

Lizzie--the big day will be here before you know it!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Crazysue, I’m so sorry about Jake. My thoughts are with you all.

Lisa, some of the Hallowe’en decorating in this area is over the top. I’m not sure why it got that way. They start it early too.

Wedding dress was ordinary white summer dress. I wore a little white hat with a little veil. Done. 

Monday I got caught up in domestic XT so I did a cardio dvd for 40 minutes. Some of that was running in place.

Today I’m off to the trail and then to the library to pick up a spooky book.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Indeed Lizzie, not Monday...  Phew.

Lizzie, nice run!  Sorry the last weeks are a slog.  You are gonna like TCM, I did it a few years ago and enjoyed the course.  It was the year Chewbacca ran it...  The dress link you posted was cute.  I second everyone, pictures!!!  It isn't THAT far away.

Damaris, good luck with the meeting and getting done on time!

Sue, I am sorry about Jake, it is such a hard thing.

Judy, enjoy the trail and spooky books.

Diane, Congrats on the miles!!!!

Karen, come to JJ!!!  Have fun at TCM too.

Sandy, so how was yoga?  I've only done it a few times, but enjoyed it.  I felt really out of place because I had zero idea what I was doing.  Relaxing though.

Lori, welcome back.  So glad your trip was enjoyable.

Cathy, I hope all were OK on the balloons, but fun to see them.

Ginny, nice on the run and so happy the ankle isn't giving you grief.  Come to JJ as well, there is an overnight 31K, more than a half, but less than a full...

Lisa, hope you enjoyed yoga as well.

Carol, nice 14 with silly RB.  HATE it when posts disappear.

WOWZA, was I tired (how about utterly exhausted even) from yesterday.  I went to bed at 8pm and slept straight through until 7:30 this morning...  Feel so much better now.

Work yesterday was tolerable I suppose.  I went from 2 appointments when I walked in to about 10-12 by the end of the day.  Luckily only 1 euthanasia, I had 3 on the books at one point.  MOST of the staff was nice, one snotty woman who was bitchy to me and others.  I worked with her a lot so it made the day somewhat uncomfortable.  I definitely couldn't be myself.  Though I didn't enjoy the day one iota, it was good practice for next Monday when I am at the new place.  Needing to get my feet under me.

Funny, a woman (tech) I used to work with stopped by my regular place on Sunday and RIPPED the place I am accepting a job from to bits - she deals with them a lot at her new place.  And reading the Yelp reviews wasn't much better.  Oh well...  Though I have a hard time with keeping my irritations quiet I will put my head down and just go with it.

Halloween, meh.  It is my Mom's birthday, so we always had to celebrate first before dressing up and heading out.  As a kid it sucked.  And not into scary movies/books.

Got new shoes!!!  Trail that is.  Scored a pair  of Brooks Cascadia for $70!!!  Last years model, but that's fine.  Nordstroms Rack of all places. Got 2 pairs for that price.  Going to use one pair for my trips so I have a sturdier shoe without it being a hiking boot and then being able to use them for races!  My current pair has sand in them.  Fine for running, but not for life.

OK ladies.  I will quit here as I am rambling.  What's new there.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sue, oh, no.  Hoping Jake is OK.

Judy, enjoy the book and library.

Kat, glad the day was semi OK.  Not sure what happens when the euthanasia appointments are canceled/no shows.  Did they decide not to euthanize?  Did they die naturally?  Glad you didn't have many of those yesterday.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Damaris, exactly my question about euthanasias as well when they cancel...  Actually, one turned into a WOW, kitty looks pretty darned good today, let's wait!  That is always nice.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

32 minute out and back for me this morning, only about 3.5 miles!  And I did my strength last night.  Ran in the dark and drizzle, back to 50 degrees though, so the shorts came back out.     It rained all day yesterday so DD's cross country practice was indoors since they run in the grass and it was a muddy mess.  They ran laps in the gym.  The gym is not very big.  If you think running on a TM is bad...  They had a relay race and one of the boys called DD a professional runner. 

Lizzie, nice run!  It is warming up a bit here also, it will be almost 80 tomorrow.  Though lots of rain this week!   The insurance will cover about $7000 for the house, so we will cover anything over that, as well as a $1000 deductible.  Waiting to get the estimates in!  We had a fire in our fireplace on Sunday!    My wedding dress was actually pretty comfortable.  I did switch to more comfortable shoes for the reception.  It would be cute if you switched to white sweats for the reception!  

Damaris, enjoy the 7!

Sue, the Beach Battle sounds interesting!  Aww, sorry about Jake.

Judy, we have some over the top decorating here also.  Our house might qualify, DH and DD really get into it.    It's making the morning running more interesting, some lighted displays are already up!

Kat, I heard that someone reported a dog missing on Saturday morning, it was freaked out by the hot air balloons and ran off!  They do make a lot of noise.  Interesting about your new workplace.  Hope it is at least tolerable!  Yay for the new shoes!

Karen, nice mileage for the week!  Haha on wearing the same clothes for the entire weekend.  Imagining you layering up and wearing all your outfits for the weekend onto the plane!  

Lisa, I don't think I could function without a plan.    OK, that is really weird about the guy on the trial with a gun and garbage bag!  It always freaks me out when I am hiking or running trails and people walk by with rifles during hunting season!

Hi Carol!  You didn't miss anything, Laura hasn't been on here for awhile.  I see her post things on FB occasionally though.  Nice 14!  Sorry your RB is annoying.  I read that Kipchoge runs a 9:40 pace on his recovery days, as compared to his recent 4:38 marathon pace.  There is a time for every pace.  

Cathy

Arimathea

Tessa

WFH today so can post without people looking at my computer. This is one of the minuses of an open office.

Susan, sorry about Jake. I hope you can get him in to see the vet today. How old is he?

Kat, I would wonder about cancelling a euthanasia appointment too...though I am sure they get cancelled for a number of reasons and the one you cited is probably the best. I would say go in to the new place with an open mind -- some places get undeserved bad reviews, others get undeserved good ones.

Liz, exciting on the dress! I dare you to tell your mom you have decided to go casual: white shirt, white sweatpants, white running shoes, and a veil. (She will probably want you to have more ruffles than a bakery full of meringues and a big butt bow to top it off -- or bottom it out as the case may be.)

Regarding TCM, unless they have changed the course and I don't think they have, the big hill is Summit at mile 22 or 23. I admit I ran up that singing "Climb Ev'ry Mountain". There's also an ascent from the riverside path a couple of miles earlier and a nasty little hill between Lakes Calhoun and Harriet about mile 8 or 9. Other than that it is rolling and not bad. Watch out for the big bronze killer bunny.

Good luck to the racers this weekend -- Chicago and TCM, right? Anywhere else?

Diane, good month! Congratulations.

Cathy, did your house get damaged in a wind or hailstorm?

Lori, glad you liked British Columbia -- I loved it when we drove through there. Would like to go back.

Karen, layer up a little, I'm sure Sandy will let you use her washing machine if needed. There's a story about someone doing that on the covered wagon trail (layering up), if I'm running with you at all at Brazos Bend it's a good "get your mind off the run" story for a companion runner to relate.

3.8 with RN this morning. Tummy issues so I decided I would rather not commit to a long bus ride, staying home. Made the right decision. Enough said. It is supposed to rain this evening, too -- Hurricane Rosa is dumping her remnants on the Southwest.

ginnyb

Upper body this morning, felt pretty good.  I now have a weird pain in my right hip area, I will just ignore, as I seem to wake up every day with a different pain in a different place.  I thought exercise was supposed to help all this as we grow older?  What the heck would I feel like if I weren't exercising?  I am going to start to do some heavy lifting with trainer, he says I can do it, a few other ladies from the gym lift a couple nights a week...gonna give it a try.

Kat...sounds like a stressful day for you yesterday.

Liz...I busted out my Fall wear this past weekend and now it is supposed to be in the 80's for the next week!  You are going to do awesome this weekend, you and Karen!

Sandy...you aren't running the race are you?  How was Yoga?

Sue...so sorry about Jake, darn animals.

I got married in January near Buffalo, NY....sub zero temps, gown was white velvet.

Lisa....according to news sources Halloween is the most decorated for, except for Christmas.  I don't know how it got so popular, it can be over the top.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Seloc

Ginny - nope!  Not running TCM and I couldn't be happier!  Hosting my guests and volunteering at mile 15.  White velvet sounds beautiful and super unique!

Cathy - supposed to be 80 here tomorrow, too, then drop back down.  I broke down and turned the heat on last night but I think it only kicked off once or twice.  I wish the sun would come out to warm it up in the house!  Nice running!  When is your half again?  I know, I've only asked you a million times.  I'll remember now, promise  High five to DD the professional runner!!    When I was in track in high school we would have to run the halls in the spring until we could get outside.  If that wasn't a recipe for shin splints running on tiled cement covered floors haha

Kat - wow, awesome sleep!  You MUST have been exhausted.  I would imagine emotionally so as well working at a new place AND doing euthanasia?  That would be SO hard.  I know, the responsibility of being a pet owner but still never easy.

Sue - thinking of you and Jake.  Never easy.

Damaris - hope your creditor meeting goes well and you get home at a decent hour!!

Lizzie - hope you are resting well this week!  I LOVE that dress!  And, started following you on Pinterest   Though I forget to go on there very often.  Laughing at the suggestion to go with sweats/tshirt/tennis shoes for reception.  That would be awesome!!  Shoes I got were same as I ran in Fargo - Asics GT 2000.  I am STOKED for your honeymoon!  Man, you are going to have so much fun.

Lisa - do they crank the heat for Vinyasa?  Not sure I'd like that.  I tried Bikram once many years back.  Once was plenty.

Karen - LOL I can picture you all bundled up looking like the staypuff marshmallow man getting on the plane in Houston LOL.  Dang, you are getting in some KILLER miles!  Glad the body is feeling so great!

Carol - oh man, I'd be annoyed with RB, too!  She's not a quick study, eh?  If it were me, I would just let her run a block ahead and then catch up and pass her like someone else mentioned haha

Lori - LOL I'm not bendy either!!

Yoga last night was decent.  It actually went by faster than I thought it was going to.  Maybe because I was so focused on tending to my drippy nose.  Caught a baby head cold that was giving me grief.  It's already on it's way out so never fear, my guests!  5 slow and sorta painful miles this morning.  My whole body hurts!  Not sure if it's from yoga, this tiny sickness or just being a whimp.  Probably a little of everything.

Good gravy this has taken all morning.  Waves to people I surely missed!

So....Jake looked SO miserable I scheduled an appt for tomorrow. 30 minutes later he went outside, peed, drank and fussed at Stark. If he's feeling halfway ok we will cancel. It is so hard to know the right thing for him.

Yoga last night for me.. one of those breathe move breathe move classes. LOL I was sweaty. 30 minutes on the stair machine for me this morning.

Karen-Nice miles for the week! That is awesome to know about Javelina course! I'll take you up on the pacing.

Lori-Nice job on personals!

Liz-dd's wedding is 11-9. Or as Karen would think of it... in between long runs with Lisa. LOL Hope the weather cools down for you!

Damaris-have a good meeting... We may be in Chicago this Saturday (apparently there is a Benz there that he wants to check out).

Sue-battle for buffet? That could get ugly. LOL Poor Jake!!

Judy-early morning runs around this time of year is a tad freaky too. Motion activated skeletons at 6am are not funny.

Kat-never ceases to amaze me how people will say negative things about somewhere they know another will be working. Talk about Debbie Downers... pay no mind and look for good stuff. They will have you so that should brighten up the place.  That was some great sleep!!! Totally jealous! Yoga was good. That was good news on the kitty rebound!

Cathy-that had to feel good for your dd to be called a professional runner! the recent Primal Endurance podcast was all about Kipchoge and how he trains at no more than 80% of max heart rate. His intervals are just above marathon pace. Unless it is Hot Vinyasa, they don't crank the heat. It is warm but not hot. I have done bikram and did like it.  I was amongst fellow heavy sweaters. LOL I remember thinking that i didn't know my hands sweat too.

Tessa-I post during lunch.  Born to Run does look like a good contender with a very generous cut off time but going with Javelina. Looking forward to seeing you at Brazos!

Ginny-LOL on the pain rotation .. I guess it isn't really funny but sort of. Cool about the heavy lifting!

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lizzie -  when DD’s were shopping for wedding dresses I Tried so hard NOT to be some of those Mom’s on that show!  Can’t believe how much they pay for those dresses  

Crazysue - Glad that Jake seems a little better.  That training sounds brutal!

Judy - A spooky book, good for you, you are embracing the Fall!  White dress with little hat sounds  wet nice.

Kat - Ugh, can’t imagine that euthanasia is ever an easy part of your job.  I know our vet was such a comfort when had to do that to 3 of ypour dogs Sad.  After the third one, we vowed no dogs.  Just too hard.  Nice score on shoes...I love Brooks Cascadias!!!

Cathy - That is so cute that someone called your DD a professional runner!  This weather is crazy...hot/cold/hot!   That’s interesting about Kipchoge’s pace.

Tessa - Sorry about the tummy issues!  Nice to have the option to WFH.

Ginny - I hear ya on the aches and pains!  I do worry if I didn’t exercise what would happen!

Sandy - I am chuckling about my RB “not being a quick study”. LOL. Yoga sounded like it was a good thing!

5 in the rain and 50’s this morning.

Carol