Womens Running

French TOAST THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

ginnyb

So Sorry about Katie, Kat!  Having just been through this I know how you feel.  Hugs for you.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Kathryn, I am so so sorry. It's so hard to lose a pet.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

I'm taking a rest day today. Not even getting on the bike. I have a bit of a headache, plus I have a list of chores I'm trying to get through. Anyway, after some back and forth, I did agree to be the organizer for next year for my group. I was honest about the things I'm not good at, and we figured out where I might need some help and who could help me. And I can keep coaching if I do it. I have the time, I enjoy doing this stuff, and I am pretty good at most of it. What I'm not good at is sales and asking people for things. And anything requiring a bunch of phone calls. And it turns out that those are things I can get help with. The rest of it (marketing, organization, administrative stuff, communications, etc.) I can do. I am kind of excited about it.

Liz, awww, happy birthday to Ruger! Hope he's not too tired from daycare to celebrate tonight. You guys almost share a birthday, how cute is that? DH and Riley have the same birthday. I could not stop laughing at the video of Ruger walking around with his boots on.

Susan, lots of good work news - no more crazy lady and no trip to Gloucester! Woohoo!

Aww, thanks Judy! Glad the old man weirdos were sparse at the gym yesterday.

Sandy, how very adult of you! And nice run this morning! Your friend's XH story reminded me, when we were visiting DH's mom and uncle, his uncle was talking about his dad (DH's grandpa). DH's grandma died several years ago, and his grandpa had several girlfriends between when she died and he died. DH's uncle asked him once where he found all these women, and his grandpa told him, no lie, that he read the obituaries! When some old man died, he'd call the widow! I think men don't like to be alone because they have to do all the stuff their wives were doing and they didn't realize, while women are more likely to stay single, at least for awhile, because then they only have to take care of themselves.

Cathy, thanks. I know I should be able to run that fast (assuming I can get off my butt after this week off and jump right back into training). Funny on DD and the Ring doorbell. We tried really hard to get one, but they sent us a dud, then when we called their customer service they said we needed an additional part, then screwed up sending us the additional part, then that wasn't the problem at all so they sent us a new unit, except it was a refurbished unit and it didn't work either! By that point over a month had gone by since we first bought it, and I was just frustrated and done with them. Their customer service process could use some improvements. So I returned everything. Our a/v guy that installed our surround sound system and our TV on the back patio says he can get us a good deal on security cameras and a different brand doorbell, so I think we're going to go that route.

Tessa, 2.2 is better than nothing. You might be able to upload an excel spreadsheet into the RA training log if you saved it as a csv file. If you have any interest in doing that, that is.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KATS, I am so sorry for your loss of dear Katie. Especially at her age, those symptoms must have been awful for her. The emergency vet was out of line to be even remotely displeased!

(((HUGS))) to you.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat, my condolences.  It's never easy.

Arimathea

Tessa

Kat, I am sorry about Katie. I agree, $2500 is a lot of money to be told that your cat is old and has a condition that isn't easily treatable.  Same thing we had to decide in December with Fernanda.

She was a good cat and she knew how much she was loved.

Sandy and Kupcakes are right, once they get into the teens you have to consider quality of life as well as cost/benefit analysis.

Liz, if you're describing the hour as getting up early, that's really early. And I'm sure a lot of lying goes on on Match. (I think "married but openly looking" people tend to be on AshleyMadison.)

5.9 on the TM, dashed back, now on conference calls.