Womens Running

Thursday....So close yet so far (Read 19 times)

Anonymous Guest

Hahahaha, happy to be your straight man!

Karen, you just left that out there for me! It literally was HARD for her first day!!! Annnnddddd....THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

About 4 miles for me this morning, with one mile uptempo (goal 8:03 pace).  I was close.     One more run left, a 2 mile shake-out on Saturday morning.  Temps will be cold for my half, but this morning was good practice.  Snow predicted for tomorrow, should be less than an inch.  Had a good time last night at DD's bday dinner and the Double Dare Live show.  The kids loved the show.  It was a little loud with all the screaming kids.    On DD and the voting, she told me who I should vote for, and said it's because the other candidate wanted to get rid of covering pre-existing conditions.  I asked her if she knew what pre-existing conditions means.  She actually did know.  I think it's from seeing political ads on YouTube.  

Lori, sounds like a tough 2 mile walk!  Yes, February is cold around here.  

Elina, if I know someone is tracking me in a race then I do think about it during the race.  Generally it's a good thing, and has some motivational value, but I would hate to be having a bad race if people were tracking me!    Happy birthday to your dad!  Sounds like a good idea to look around at job opportunities.  There are actually a fair number of men that propose to women during races.  Usually at the end of the race, and blocking the finish line area.    But spectators can't hang out at the finish line at NYC, so during the race was his only option.  From what I read, it was her first marathon so she wasn't all out racing.    Election outcome was a big deal in Wisconsin, now Trump will be visiting WI a lot in the future.  The incumbent governor was narrowly outvoted, but it was a big surprise, particularly because the winner was a relative unknown with much less campaign funds.

Damaris, enjoy the 11!  Packing and leave?  Where are you going?  

Kat, oh my, what a day that you had!    I am thinking that I am lucky that most of my pets have been female?  Nice that one of the doctors was nice!

Lizzie, hope you survive the taper madness!  Sorry about the mishap with the project.  It happens, you've had a lot on your mind.  I figure if anyone here watched Double Dare, it was you.     Marc Summers is still on the show but he has a lesser role.  He was the host of the live show last night though.   Funny guy.  Love the engagement photo on FB, you look so happy!

Sandy, nice Easter Island photo!  I think all the fartleking has helped my cadence, it is super fast now!  The show was fun.  Loud, but fun.    The first part was a lot of physical challenges and they had a lot of audience members go up, kids vs adults. Always fun to watch people make fools of themselves.    What I don't get is why they charge you to drop from the full to the half.  When you most likely already paid much more to run the full.  That happened to me when I dropped from the full to the half last September after my foot injury.  Then a few days later they let people do that for free due to the heat!  Is changing it on the computer really that big of a deal?  I will be interested in seeing what you decide to run.    AP Physics.  Yeah, good luck with that.  

Hi Karen!  Glad you are having fun with Lisa.  Your comment about 20 miles seeming short is awesome.  

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We are going to the most awesome coast, the West Coast. Flying into LAX so I can go visit the motherland, INKnBURN!  Then race in Monterey.

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Kat - ...that is all I can say!!!

Quick check in for me!  My DD and her family moved in for 3 weeks, they sold their house and can’t move in to new one yet.     It has been pretty busy, to say the least!  We leave tomorrow for Florida to visit MIL for a week so that will be good.

Did 7 mile walk with DH yesterday, he did good!  Hoping to get out today for a run, I’m sort of in between training plans, and loving it!

Carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OMG that meeting next week..was 8-4 Weds, Thurs, and Fri. They just extended it an hour and a half. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. WTF. I shouldn’t complain – easy hour and a half OT for me everyday but STILL. Why is the universe torturing me?

Its been a busy day! I am leaving soon and doing a few more chores before my GUEST arrives. Smile

Judy – AWWW sweet of DC to bring you a plant Smile I would think you wouldn’t need a doctor if your knee is feeling okay while you are running.

Sandy – Woohoo for rest day! Physics? NO. Hahaha. I never had to take that! I can’t believe it is here already either. Man, next thing you know it will be time for GC! I had a turkey avocado sandwich from Which Wich Smile LOVE that place. Its on the other side of town so it’s a pain in the butt to get to but oh well. I am going to have it again tomorrow Smile My favorite part about carb loading is Which Wich. Smile MI made weed legal!? Oh man! Now my brother will really want to visit. HAHA. LOL, I look forward to the weekends on Mondays too.

Docket – I am laughing out loud at Bugsy! LOL. I don’t feel so bad about Ruger and his pillow now. Or that he got in trouble at daycare for humping a pug in the face. A blind pug. Have a GREAT time in CA!! Oh BOY you are going to be in Heaven!

Karen – Woohoo! So happy for all of your babies that are running/walking! I am sure you are an excited coach Smile Aw, glad you are having a great time with Lisa!

Kathryn – Sandy will be here around 5! Smile Oh yes, my mind stays in the gutter. I call it a red rocket, too!! LOL Despite being cold I hope you have a great class!!

Cathy – Nice miles this morning. One more run!!! I am so excited for you! I may have already asked – but is there tracking!? Glad DD has such a great time last night! Marc Summers is still on the show?! I figured he would be retired by now. Did she get some cheesecake? Smile I have the same feeling about people tracking me – it is defiantly motivational – BUT my biggest fear is I have a horrible race and people at home are just wincing LOL. Aw, thanks for the compliment on my photo! That is one of my favorites. We have a lot of favorites though. I am kinda hesitant on posting many because I am not sure which one I want to use for save the dates. Totally agree with what you said to Sandy about dropping to the half. Silly to have to pay!

Hi Carol! OMG! You have a full house!! FL sounds fun!! I am excited to be inbetween training plans soon Smile

Have a good afternoon all!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Very quick check in here. Sounds like everyone has been busy...including a few pets. Yes, Damaris, cats can wank. And they do. Sis and SIL had one who even though fixed was a horn dog. And he was fixed several times...they didn't get one undescended testicle the first time and with his attitude we wondered if he had grown another pair. That cat had more balls than the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree.

Damaris, I didn't even know InkNBurn was here in LA. Where is it?

Did not get a run in today. Too hectic a schedule. It's very windy here tonight but I do want to run tomorrow morning. Hoping no more fires. There are two a few miles west of here and a really big one in northern CA.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tessa, they are in Santa Ana. Used to be in Costa Mesa but moved a few years ago.

Damaris