Womens Running

Wonderful Weather WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me.

THESE KIDS. HELP ME. Its 8:00am and I can't hear myself THINK.

I don't want kids. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Carol -Exciting that you only have a week left! Are you going to any specific time goal?

Run4kupcakes - 5 porta poties?! WTH?! Congrats on getting it done!

Kathryn - I am laughing out loud at your pup! So cute though Wink How far did you end up going yesterday.

Karen - Nice 8 with the baby runners yesterday Smile How is the ankle feeling? Hope the grocery store wasn’t too bad Wink

Diane - Sorry about the migraine. I hope it felt better and you were able to have lunch with DD.

Sandy - Nice job on the 18!! Hope you enjoyed your day of sunbathing Smile

Laura - Nice miles! An early date night?!? Smile

Docket - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Glad you had a great time Smile

Susan - Wow, congrats on the AG win! Glad the hip didn’t hurt. Sounds like a win all around Smile Glad to hear DD and baby are doing well.

Margaret - Where have you been all week? Smile Wow, nice 18+ yesterday!!! Never heard of that kind of festival. Smart to stay home Smile

Lisa - Good luck today!!! Can I just report Mammal to you? LOL.

Tessa - Nice 12!!

I am going to try not to hide in a closet. Happy Sunday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Legs are sore, nothing terrible. Race report here.

AnonymousGuest, yes, it was a first year event. I was off on my count, it was 1000 across events. Even so, way too few POPs and it took away from the event. Packet pick up was a little screwy, they did it at a brewery, but on the patio/deck. They had 2 people checking id for wrist bands first, then you got your stuff. The line was out into the parking lot and not moving quickly. It would have made more sense to spread it out, have 3 lines for each race, then a separate spot for id check. I'm not drinking at 10:30am with a 2+ hour drive across the Bay Bridge.

KatS, love the dog picture!

CrazySue, congrats on the race!

Lizzie, lol, I think watching kids can go either way--it is strong birth control or makes people want kids now.

DHUffman, hope the headache is better.

Docket, 4 miles of hills sounds rough.

GatsbyBird, staying of the roads with an event like that seems smart.

Arimathea, the best advice I saw before my first large race was bring toilet paper. I needed it. These POPs were running low on TP once I got in there. They were also probably close to capacity.

Anonymous Guest

11 miles for me this morning. I didn't get out until 8:30 so it was getting pretty hot near the end. I actually had to stop a couple times and catch my breath. Probably didn't help that I went out with nothing but a cup of coffee and a fiber one bar for breakfast. I needed a few more calories, and I needed water or something to drink along the way. Too soon to start carrying hydration! After I jumped in the pool, I cleaned up and we went over to a bar that serves brunch and met up with some of DH's cycling friends. Guy moving to Dallas so this was his going away party. Was actually pretty fun.

I came home to a message from one of my neighbors that did the 5K neighborhood group last summer. She and her husband went and watched the finish line of IMTX for awhile last night and are inspired to do something more. Like a half marathon in the fall if I thought they could do it. I was just thinking about posting on the fb page that I'd set up a discount code for the neighbors if anyone wanted to join my group this summer and run a half or full. And this particular neighbor is the one I thought I could maybe talk into it.

Kathryn, every time I scroll by that picture I bust out laughing. Thank you. For doing and for sharing.

Diane, I think you could do a time-based program for a 50 miler. I don't know a lot about ultra plans but I just got a couple books on Amazon about them. I know the plan my group uses for marathon training is way less mileage than I would run, and it gets people to the finish. And I've been reading a bit about ultra training and how it's not a direct "longer race so more miles" correlation. Which says I have a lot to learn about ultra training. I don't know if I have the answers, but I'm doing a bit of research. Will keep you posted on anything I learn.

Sandy! Good to see you and good job on the 18. So happy you're finally getting some spring up there.

Laura, hope you're enjoying the weekend!

Damaris, you done good, girl. Hills are killer.

Susan, congrats on the race win! Awesome that the hip didn't hurt. Also awesome the DD and Ann Marie are home. I would think if you just told DD to let you know if you're doing too much or not enough, she'd appreciate it a lot.

Margaret, nice run yesterday and smart to stay off the road this weekend.

Lisa, how did the 50K go today? Please tell my you're not superhuman and are actually tired after running a 50K after driving to Indy and back!

Tessa, kitties! Nice getting out there for 12. As you've pointed out to others in the past, you know you can do the distance, so just get in what you can leading up to it.

Liz, I think the hardest part about having kids around would be the noise. I guess once you're used to it, it's not a big deal, but for me, it would drive me crazy. Bless you and good luck to you.

HCK, nice rr. Reminded me that the only time I've been to Salisbury is for the Seagull Century. In hindsight, since your hotel was in walking distance, would it have been faster to walk back there and pee instead of waiting in line? Congrats on another race.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

AnonymousGuest, maybe. But by the time I realized the line was not moving, it probably wouldn't have been quite enough time and I would have had the same result. Plus, it probably would have kicked up more nerves, like I'm not gonna make the start, and I'd have to go again. It's too bad they didn't start/end at Salisbury U. Not sure if it's changed since the Seagull Century has grown a lot since I did it in the late 1990s, but the gym locker rooms were open for that. I think you could even bring a towel and get a shower in.

Ran 10.6 miles today, SRD tomorrow.  I'm about 2 miles from the local airport and it sounds like an invasion with all the planes and helicopters overhead (from the Dream Machines festival).  But it's good for the local economy.   Glad they had a nice day for it.  Since I didn't go anywhere, I was pretty productive this weekend -- running, cleaning, laundry, yard work, I even put oil in my car.  Only thing I didn't do was grocery shopping, maybe tomorrow.

Lisa, nice 50k for you!  Great time!

Tessa, hope the kitties continue to do okay.  Bless you for fostering.  Nice 12.  Looks like mileage is creeping back up.

Lizzie, haha, spending a weekend with kids is good birth control!  I should have popped in here during the week but it was just a crazy busy week with work and running and helping neighbors who are moving. So it's taper time for you now?  Enjoy!  Sleep in!

HCK, yes always have TP on hand at races!  Ewe on POPs being close to capacity.

Karen, love that your baby runners got the running bug and want to try a HM!

Off to fold laundry....

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Irony is that on less than four hours of sleep and after 7:44 of running, I can't fall asleep. Argh.

The four of us started together (Michelle, katie, Lori and I). Michelle led for a bit then I led. There were comments about my pace but I know how this trail grinds me down. for the 50k I have to go out somewhat aggressively in order to make the cutoff. We started at 7:30 and had to complete 26.2 and be leaving start / finish by 2:15 for our last loop or we would be cut. I will slow down but going against all trail wisdom, I'm better off banking the time up front. I won't speed up enough (ha!) to make up for a slower start and a steady, comfortable pace won't hit the cutoff. I also figured that if I blew up in the second loop I would end up with a marathon finish but at least I would have felt like I had tried. So i was pushing but not sprinting by any means.  Around mile 8 or so, I let the group know I was feeling good and was going for it. I think they were happy to be rid of me. LOL Katie was coming down with the flu. Lori had done a road marathon last weekend and the half on same trail the day before. Michelle was feeling the trail getting to her. Maybe 1/2 mile from the start / finish to end the first loop for the 13.1 distance I passed someone and they asked me if I was the lead runner. Too funny. I blessed them profusely for the compliment. I'm a horse to the barn and I know exactly where the barn is on this trail. I was doing my best to run the downs hard. since that's where I make my best time.. duh. ha! 3:02 for 13.1. That would have been a great half time on that trail. Was pretty amazed that I was never lapped in that first loop by lead marathon or 50k runners. That's a different experience.

Out again and kept pushing as much as i could. Some aid stations had beer, all had pop, gatorade, water. Where there was beer I took that but only a few swigs really. Went for the caffeinated drinks along with gatorade at the aid stations. Ate a few oranges and pringles along the way but was in race mode so had a gel every hour. Coming down a hill somewhere between 20-21 I went flying... and landing. Oof! Right forearm scraped and I knew bruising. Palms scraped. Left knee was the thing that hurt the most and right calf decided to say.. you're stopping, maybe we should cramp. None of that today though so got up and told myself to shake it off. Knee felt weird and I wasn't going to look at it since I could walk then run on it. Felt sort of burning sensation at times. Would deal with later but did have an effect obviously. 26.2 miles at 6:30 watch time on the dot. Yes! That would be one of my best trail marathon times. Made cutoff with time to spare. Well 15 minutes. But that was enough. Headed out with a guy on the last 5 mile loop. The one I got lost on last year because I went on usual trail not a dirt road. This year they had STOP signs going up the trail and signs saying 50k with arrows in addition to ribbons. You're welcome other runners. LOL Special hills on that last five miles plus the one that everyone hates and we had to do 3 times. At the last two miles the horsey could smell the barn and I lost the guy. Watching the time and seeing 7:40 going away but I could beat 7:45 if I hustled so hustle I did. 7:44:53 official chip time. LOL Also got 2nd place in AG. Michelle ended up DFL with 8:04 and got 3rd... LOL There were people behind her but the clock was turned off so no time for them. Lori missed the cutoff but ended up with a marathon finish so that was good. Katie dropped after the first loop. Her boyfriend drove her home and apparently she slept all the way in the car. Now it's my turn. Hoping my knee goes back to normal tomorrow otherwise i may have to get it looked at. Running 10 miles on it after the fall wouldn't have done it any good even if just bruised.

I'm calling this my last long run before Pinelands. And nobody better argue with me. 

Lisa