Womens Running

(Over 40) Onward Tuesdy (Read 21 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa there is more to the story. I had a lot to deal with yesterday. Being the adult is difficult. I may have to go up there and smack some people this weekend. Seriously. My dad included. Dh and I talked about it already. Means switching some work stuff but I will probably have to go.

Off to run now to get rid if some frustration Smile

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MarjorieAnn3137, I wish the best for you with your Dad's situation.

Arimathea, you are doing all you can, and I hope it works out smoothly. The infirm person rarely comprehends the lengths to which family must go for serious illness in a non medical setting. :::HUGS:::

Crazysue, Holy Cow! about the dog peeing in the plant potential. I have a special *sleeping ca*t, (battery operated) that works great in an apartment. LOL It *breathes* and *purrs*. Big grin

Tuesday I ran on the track while Fast Buddy did a weight machine circuit, after which he joined the run.

I did a total of 40 minutes running, then 30 minutes cardio DVD at home.

Today will be a shorter run at the track and some cardio DVD as well.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

3.5 miles this morning.  I only did 8 on Sunday.

Lisa....did not your physician tell you that you didn't need PT after you had the surgery?  Now they think you didn't get PT soon enough?  Oh well I guess...glad you are feeling stronger.

Tessa...not to make light of a delicate situation, but I agree with Lisa, run the Detroit Marathon and just keep running!  Hugs to you!

Marjorie....wow, you have a lot going on again don't you?  I didn't like being the adult when my Dad was in my care either.  Hope you get to the bottom of it.

I am meeting with the trainer again this morning at 7:30...going to ask him to take it easy on me today,  going to NY this weekend for the Half, don't want to pull anything weird before.

Karen....I don't know how you would fit a job in your day either!!!  Maybe you should just be a professional runner!

Looking forward to my 4 day weekend.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

I posted last night then hit something and deleted the whole thing grrrr

4.2 miles Monday am.  Slept in today, will do Fusion class tonight.

Marjorie - sorry to hear of all the drama with your Dad, hope it gets better soon.

Tessa - thinking of you too and the DH stress.

Judy - you are so consistent, great job!

Ginny - nice run, have 'fun' with the trainer!

Carol - I have been to several weddings there over the years, great venue!  I'm kind of surprised that weekend is open due to deer season.  Will be very pretty!

Sue - I was really tired yesterday, too.  Hope today is better

Karen - glad to hear you are in the running for the new job woot woot

Lisa - hang in there with the PT!

We had a great time at the baseball game on Sunday - much better way to spend the weekend than in the hospital.  My DS arm is doing okay, he is off the pain meds.  He goes tomorrow to get incisions out and new cast.

13 more work days yippee!  2 new case workers started yesterday, I wonder how long it will take them to realize how much is amiss with that place Roll eyes

Good Morning!  6.25 with the group this morning.  Nice to have company out that early in the morning.

Karen--lol!  Work really interferes with my training and hobbies!  Wink  But OTOH, it does support my habits!

Hi Tessa--how did it go yesterday??

Lisa--I hope they get you straightened out soon.  I know  you must be really frustrated.

Marjorie--sorry about the drama.

Have a great day everyone!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1 miles. Most at tempo. I needed the monotony so I did like a track for 8 miles if it. I can create a track in one of the culdesacs. No cars really and easy for me to get in the pace for tempo plus the one end is already curved like a track. I just know the mark where to curve again.

Thanks for the well wishes. It is going to be tough and I will have to be the one kicking butt. Hate it but it has to be done.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 9 miles with a bunch of paces so I won't bore you.  Fun workout, looks like.

My grandmother died on Sunday late night in PR.  We were not really close but I spent most of yesterday working and answering calls from other cousins and my dad.  My mom asked whether I would be coming for the funeral (which did not make sense to me since I have not talked to my grandmother in years), but I didn't need to make that decision because the family decided not to have a funeral and just do cremation.  My dad is handling it well, considering.

Tessa, glad to hear husband is coming home as soon as you can get the hospital bed.  Hope the transition goes smoothly and that you're not overly stressed.

Marjorie, feel free to fly there and smack some sense into your dad.

Judy, nice workouts.

Ginny, nice run.  Enjoy your 4 day weekend.  I am taking Friday off as my birthday, so I am looking forward to a run that day and nothing else.

LC Runs, nice workouts and have fun with Fusion.  I hate when I do that or press the back button accidentally, grrrr.

Sue, nice group run.

Have a great day!

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, I agree. It is tough to do everything including work. Glad you found a suit that fits! Good luck with the interview.

Lisa, I am extremely tempted to come do Detroit -- but don't they have some strict rules about bib transfer due to crossing the international border? Also I am teaching 3 classes this semester. Kind of tough. Ouch on the scar tissue.

Susan, I agree, Jake pees on the outside plants and they survive.

Marjorie, hope you can get the situation straightened out. I agree that this sudden taking of too many BP pills is a little worrisome. I have faith in your butt kicking abilities!

Judy, sleeping cat that is battery operated? At lesat you don't have to change the litter box.

Damaris, my condolences on the loss of your grandmother.

Ginny, I can't run away. There are too many people who depend on me for various things! Where in NY is the half this weekend?

Laura, hate when I do a post and then delete it by mistake. Glad DS is off the pain meds. And not sure you should have mentioned to Carol about deer season! Should they instruct the guests to wear bright clothing, no beige, no brown?

3 this morning with RN, we should be known as Limpy and Gimpy. The soreness seems to be lessening for both of us, though. I did the ET (horribly boring) rather than run at lunch yesterday and this morning we were going verrrry slowwwwwly but at least we ran. I think I may have caused the pain by too-energetic scrubbing of the shower tile and bathroom ceiling with attendant scrambling up and down the stepstool. The solution is obvious. No more cleaning!

Got ready for work, out the door, got onto the freeway, and realised that the thumping sound was not the bass line of the music in another car, it was coming from my right rear tire. Pulled onto the shoulder, got out, took a look. Flat. After a few choice words I called Triple A and waited, fortunately well off the road. Freeway Service came before AAA did and the guy had the tire changed in about 5 minutes, so now I have the donut on and I'm waiting for Costco to open. About 18 months ago I bought new tires and I needed 3, but they had a coupon for 4 tires so the set of 4 cost about the same as 3 did. We bought 4 and put the last one in the garage to wait for when we needed it. Guess what? Now we need it. So I'll be there with the tire and have them put it on.

then a lunch meeting which I really should go to since I recruited two of the three panelists, back to work, head up to the SNF to visit DH (who has not called since Sunday night and I'm wondering what's going on) and try to push the discharge planner who didn't call me back, and class tonight. Crazy life!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow, Tessa!  Hope the day goes better for you!

Damaris

Marjorie-there's always more to the story.  You can kick butt! If you come into town and want a diversion give me a call. I'm volunteering at DWD from 4a-12:30p and then it's homecoming preparation but other than that I'm free for an escape if you need one.

Judy-nice work outs!

Ginny-I asked the PT if I did too much too soon or started PT too late. She said that PT sooner may have helped. good luck in NY this weekend!

Laura-hang in there yourself! Glad the game was fun!

Damaris-sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Tessa-well If you didn't mind the name "Molasses" on your bib and not provoking homeland security... you're welcome to it. No, you couldn't officially transfer bibs at this point. Didn't really expect you to say yes.

Tomorrow I'll let PT know that I did something to knee at yesterday's session. Swollen last night and really sore (almost numb feeling) today. Iced last night and during day today.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm not going to Mi as of now. But I will if I have too. The overall situation is not good. This is where her barely knowing my father shows. But she is the wife. If she doesn't want me to come kick his ass ok. I'm sure I will get the sob story and begged to come soon. She doesn't know enough of his history of the bipolar disease or his family background.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Good luck, Marjorie. It must be horrendous trying to walk a balance between involvement and hovering.

Lisa, hope the knee feels better soon. I would like to do Detroit again sometime, or another MI race, but this fall is not the time. I'm not even going to be able to make the CPCU annual meeting, and I am going to miss that sorely.

Didn't make it up to the SNF today, the discharge planner was out at a seminar. I'll go tomorrow morning. I just don't want to drive all the way up there to be cussed at and shouted at by DH because I'm not taking him home until we're prepared for him.

Still having the pain in the rear, but it seems better when I am moving fast rather than walking.