WINE o'clock somewhere!

post!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

In Toledo for the day. Small town, pretty. Killing a little time before lunch, I’m HUNGRY!!!  Restaurants open at 1, so I have a Half hour. Sitting outside the El Greco museum. Peaceful.  

On my phone so hard to text. 

Lizzie, happy anniversary!  Don’t know if it was yesterday or today. 

Taking a short tour of the oldest restaurant in the world, then dinner there.  It was the only way to eat there, totally booked. 

Time to walk!!

K

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 last night after work with 6 x200. Was shocked that the lab was empty this morning when I went for bloodwork. I figured before work it would be absolutely packed.

KatS, 1pm sounds late for lunch. Enjoy!

AnonymousGuest, from yesterday, we used to have to do a health risk assessment for work. It would ask if in the next year you plan on exercising more. I always checked no, because short of a marathon or ultra, that ain't happening. I asked the company that did them about the questions and they said it was designed to measure "willingness to change". OK, but if I am already doing what is recommended, there is no need to change! I also took issue with a question that lumped somrthing like avacados, full fat dairy, fried foods and potato chips into 1 question. These things are not even remotely alike. They couldn't answer me why the avacados and dairy were grouped with the others.

Berthasllayer, fingers crossed you don't lose shifts.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5 for me! Another wonderful cold morning Smile. I looked at the long run this week and it looks like its a cut back week! Yay! Last long run is scheduled for next week. A sigh of relief because I have family pictures this Saturday and didn't want to be rushing after the run!

Anniversary is today! Nothing special really planned..maybe pizza for dinner? LOL.

Back to work work work. Have to go pick up some keys today from a vendor - other than that, I am covering for someone this week so been staying at home!

Kilmisters – Oh man, sorry to hear about the lockdown.

Lori – Ugh, fingers crossed for you that you don’t have to be a floater! You have been there for a long time – you don’t get any sort of preference?

Kathryn – Toledo reminds me of the bachelorette trip!! 😊 Wow, how cool to be eating at the oldest restaurant in the world! Enjoy! What are you going to get????

Run4kupcakes – Nice run this morning. Let us know what the blood results say.

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! It was 44F when I left to run 6 with 4 @ MP. It was either that or an easy run but the lungs were good today and the run was fast. What a change from Sunday!

Kat, I have friends that are uber fans of Greco. Enjoy the lunch! With wine, right?

HCK, agreed. I eat one avocado a day and my good cholesterol is super high because of that and the olive oil. They are healthy.

Liz, nice run! And OMG, the weather is so nice. Hope it stays.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

6 for me this morning in 0.3 mile loops around this RV park. I am so ready for a house and neighborhood streets! I came across a 5k at the park not far from my house this Saturday so I went ahead and signed up. Not totally recovered from Boston, but why not? My doctor told me to exercise more……yep, I’m gonna use that all the time now.

Lori, your work situation would totally mess with my anxiety. I hope it works out okay for you.

Kat, what fun on the oldest restaurant. Have a great time.

HCK, hope the bloodwork helps figure out what has been going on with you.

Liz, happy anniversary!! Hard to believe that was two years ago already. I know you are loving the fall weather!

Damaris, nice run this morning!

Once DH gets back from his bike ride, I think I’m going to go to Target for a few things. Will probably drive by the house and see if they’ve started on the yard and fence. I don’t know if I’ve got another delay in me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I forgot- I ordered the shoes and had them shipped to the place we’re staying. They have people living here, so get packages and mail for them all the time. They put it out in a room only people staying here can access, so once I get the ups notification that it was delivered I can just go pick them up. $125 + a $50 gift card, even if I don’t love them, this was too good of a deal not to try. Especially since my feet seem to have grown a bit since I bought my last pair of Nikes, so probably only going to be able to use them for shorter races (The marathon was definitely too far, I learned at Boston).

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Just got back to the hotel, having a glass of wine before calling it a night.

Kathi, are you just doing routine labs  because of the blahs?  I missed that, apologies.

Lizzie, glad you enjoyed the cool weather.  Hope the pics go well!

Damaris, glad you also enjoyed the weather!!  I love avocados, but fear I would lose interest with one every day.

Karen, hope the house stays of track!  Glad you were able to order/deliver the shoes!!  Score.

I was supposed to do a race this weekend, but I think it would be wise to bail.  It is a tough and hilly trail.  Just walking my knee has been acting up, but going down stairs today was excruciating.  Not sure what is going on, but the 50-75 extra pounds I am carrying is NOT helping in the least.  I think this is more motivational to exercise regularly than just being plain FAT.   It hurts.

Botin is the name of the restaurant.  It is about 300 yrs old and has continually been a restaurant the entire time, owned only by two families.  It is certified by the Guinness Book of World Records.  Different.  We got a 45 min tour and history of the restaurant and then dinner.  Funny, I will probably remember more about the history of the restaurant than Madrid itself.  Like the oven is the SAME one used 300 yrs ago.  Ernest Hemingway used to frequent the place and had his own table.  (The other couple in the group ate at his table.  They were on their honeymoon and she was over the moon at the though of being able to sit there, I certainly wasn't going to interfere! - I'm sure once or twice he ate where I was, or that is what I told myself.  hehe.)  For dinner it was five starters, dinner, desert, and wine.  I had suckling pig for the main course which is the traditional thing to eat there.  It was very good, we will leave it at that.

Lunch earlier was outstanding!!!  Surprising for this little town to have such an outstanding restaurant.  Gazpacho, venison stew, chocolate mousse, and yes, wine.  Came home and napped after Toledo and almost missed the restaurant tour!

Tomorrow is hitting a few places for souvenir gifts, then a noon wine tour.  No plans after, let's see if I can walk...

Cheers to you all.

K

LC Runs

Made it through Tuesday!

3.1 this am, it was 36 degrees, I had to break out the gloves LOL

Kat - so glad you are enjoying Spain!!

Kathi - glad the lab was quiet, so nice to get that stuff done without having to wait!  Avocados in the same group as potato chips? Whomever made that survey does not understand nutrition!

Lizzie - oh, fun for family pictures!  You would have loved the weather here this am, no wind, sunny and chilly.  I have to say even I didn't really mind it 

Damaris - nice 6!  Glad you had good weather!

Karen - oh, man - 6 miles with short loops?  You go, Girl!!  I imagine you want your new house and space!  Awesome about the shoes!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles after work.

Lizzie, Happy Anniversaary!

KatS, I had the bloodwork already scheduled for a physical next week. Just works out well with the absolutely lousy runs for the last several weeks.