Womens Running

Coffee Wednesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Anonymous Guest

On the 100 on a bike, Several years ago I told DH I wanted to do one someday, and he said as much as you run, you’re in good enough shape you could do one now. So we did one in place of my last 20 miler for Detroit. So yes Lisa, Cathy, others, you could do it. In fact, Detroit ended up being my first ever BQ.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

I slpe thorribly last night, didn't really fall asleep until 1 or so. Getting up at 6 to run was rough. Got 4 done this morning, slight relief from the humidity, still sunny, so not really cool.

Kilmisters, I don't watch NBA but it at least seems like they are committed to making people follow the rules of the bubble. So when players do stupid shit, there is a consequence.

MyMomRuns, hopefully DD in Indy is ok and the other DD cat is ok. I was disappointed to test negative for antibodies, I feel like I let a lot of people down too.

Lizzie, I know this is normal July weather for the area, but it sucks!

CrazySue, your return to office planning sounds like how the schools have been. All sorts of meetings about planning for a staggered return, then a quick pivot to nope, not doing it until January.

LCRuns, we don't have any restrictions on number of people in the building. We're encouraged to work from home, but when I've gone in, hardly anyone or sometimes no one is in the hallway where my office is. We have to wipe down our offices each night.

Seloc, hope Lilly's nail appointment goes well. I found with our last dog, the vet was able to do it so much quicker than we could. Yep, 6 lbs of cucumbers, and there were only 4

AnonymousGuest, enjoy your vacation. Totally agree if you can do a full, a century is doable. My college had one and at most I would do 40 miles prior to it.

KatS, yay for a new doctor starting. Like the covid chart.

BerthaSlayer, frustrating that your area is still under a tighter restriction.

Turtles, nice run this morning!

Docket, ugh that sounds humid.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – I agree – why would you do all that work if people aren’t expected to go back until next Spring?! That seems silly.

Laura – Nice run this morning! Thanks for reminding me about the daily screen. I am going to have to somehow remember that before I go into these sites.

Sandy – Aw, I hope your neighbor friend is free and clear of COVID! I am thinking mine is allergy related or hormones. I don’t burn as many calories with strength only, either. I feel like I burn more calories throughout the day though if that makes sense. I am even hungrier after doing a strength workout. Interesting that it costs differently each time. Oh, you know I don’t work for BofA anymore! Is that who it was through? I am with another bank now! Well, have been since the job change. Oh, interesting I thought JCI was headquartered there. Must be a big hub because all my service calls go through there! In what you said to Lisa about COVID – I think it’s a matter of time before we all get it. Hope your review went well! We have ours very soon!!  Hope Lily has a good nail appointment!! 😊

Karen – Safe travels!

Kathryn – Great news on the new doctor! The coloring book was swear words?! I need this!

Kilmisters – Hehe, you will for sure be doing all the things! You got this, though! Is the weather still 70’s and rain for Saturday?

Lori – Aw, I am sorry that you didn’t get any sleep last night! Maybe temporarily cutting ties is the right thing to do for now.

Cathy – Crushing the runs per usual! Nice job. Aw, great for DD! My mom always said I could pierce anything I want because it would grow back 😊. I could use a nap! And some time off!!!

Docket – Nice outside run this morning! I am surprised you even went out there with a DP in the 70’s!

Run4kupcakes – Sorry for the crappy sleep!

Gotta run, work just blew up and I have to go pick up my Ruger buddy from daycare! Have a good afternoon!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Susan – I agree – why would you do all that work if people aren’t expected to go back until next Spring?! That seems silly.

Laura – Nice run this morning! Thanks for reminding me about the daily screen. I am going to have to somehow remember that before I go into these sites.

Sandy – Aw, I hope your neighbor friend is free and clear of COVID! I am thinking mine is allergy related or hormones. I don’t burn as many calories with strength only, either. I feel like I burn more calories throughout the day though if that makes sense. I am even hungrier after doing a strength workout. Interesting that it costs differently each time. Oh, you know I don’t work for BofA anymore! Is that who it was through? I am with another bank now! Well, have been since the job change. Oh, interesting I thought JCI was headquartered there. Must be a big hub because all my service calls go through there! In what you said to Lisa about COVID – I think it’s a matter of time before we all get it. Hope your review went well! We have ours very soon!!  Hope Lily has a good nail appointment!! 😊

Karen – Safe travels!

Kathryn – Great news on the new doctor! The coloring book was swear words?! I need this!

Kilmisters – Hehe, you will for sure be doing all the things! You got this, though! Is the weather still 70’s and rain for Saturday?

Lori – Aw, I am sorry that you didn’t get any sleep last night! Maybe temporarily cutting ties is the right thing to do for now.

Cathy – Crushing the runs per usual! Nice job. Aw, great for DD! My mom always said I could pierce anything I want because it would grow back 😊. I could use a nap! And some time off!!!

Docket – Nice outside run this morning! I am surprised you even went out there with a DP in the 70’s!

Run4kupcakes – Sorry for the crappy sleep!

Gotta run, work just blew up and I have to go pick up my Ruger buddy from daycare! Have a good afternoon!

I didn't. It turned that humid after I had started. My limit is 70DP and it was at 68DP when I went out.

Damaris

Happy DH is home day!  Arrived 10 pm last night after around 2 days of travel.  He said the planes and airports were essentially empty.  I took the day off of work (after a 7 am conference call).  Mostly just enjoying doing normal routine things again, like coffee together.  Running later.

I found it interesting and surprising that there was no screening whatsoever when he arrived at SFO from Hong Kong.  No temperature checks, no health questionnaire, nothing about self-quarantining...  He will self-quarantine anyway.  But apparently the US is going blithely about its business as if there's no pandemic out there.  No wonder other countries are banning us.  

Busy here today!  Will try to catch up.

Karen, 100 miles on a bike sounds as fun to me as a 100 mile run sounds to a cyclist.

HCK, nice job getting out there for a run early.  I don't seep well as a general rule, waking up every 1-2 hours.  So I guess you could say that I sleep like a baby.   

Lizzie, sorry to hear about the headache.  Maybe a combo of stress, heat, humidity, and/or sinus pressure from allergies (maybe there's something in the area where your new place is that you're reacting to?).  Frustrating about the call being canceled after you prepped for it.  I didn't have to do anything for my call today, fortunately.

Damaris, I need to eat something before running in the morning too.  I feel queasy otherwise.  Enjoy more running later.

Lori, I think it makes sense to distance yourself from the person who is making you feel bad.  Who needs that.

Turtles, I hate to say it but TF's repeated virus exposures are validating my reclusive tendencies.  Nice that you are supporting your DD in getting more ear piercings.  I still appreciate my mom's openness to me doing crazy things with my hair when I was young.

Kilmisters, I see that you are, once again, doing ALL THE THINGS.    But WFH should make it easier.  Especially after your marathon, when you might possibly tell yourself that you never want to run again (until the next marathon).

Kat, yay for NOLA trip!  Going somewhere, anywhere, would be exciting to me.  Not sure where I'd go, though.  No races in driving distance....

Sandy, I'm sure your review went well, it seems like you do so much more than many of the folks you work with.  Cute that you're teaching Lily to jump thru a hoop!  I wish I liked zukes, they grow like crazy around here and they're massive.  To your point the other day about dinner times, I think my family always ate on the later side (7 pm or so, not late like Europeans), and that's what I do now, too.

LC, I hope your DD's job prospect works out!  Starting off in a small office sounds good.

CrazySue, we are not allowed into our office either, unless a supervisor directs us to go.  I'm okay with that!

Lisa, enjoy your 5k today!  Hope the week is less stressful as it goes on.  Are you doing virtual Woodstock?  I like the tie-dyed tee shirt, even though it's extra.  I'm not going to sign up until I know for sure that Tahoe 200 has been canceled, which is the same weekend as virtual Woodstock.  I'm committed to volunteering if T200 isn't canceled.

Whew, I think I got everyone.  Enjoy the rest of the day!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Sandy - bummer about your walking friend, hopefully it is nothing more than a migraine.  I am really enjoying my walks with tall friend, we get a good workout and the conversation is nice, she is one of those wise, rational people so she kind of sets me straight since I am more the emotional type  Yes, when I told DD that it would mainly be just her in the office, she was like, "perfect".  She works in an office supply store now and does a good job but she once told me when she had a job she wanted one "where I don't have to do people"  LOL

Karen - have fun!!

Kat - omg, I LOVE that meme - sooooo true!

Lori - nice workouts today!!

Cathy - nice 8!  I get ya on the piercings, both my girls have several and older DD has 2 tattoos (small ones but she wants another)  Younger DD just got a nose piercing.  She also had an upper ear piercing that was supposed to help with migraines but it got infected and didn't work anyway, so that has closed up.

Damaris - nice run!

Half K - it's cooling off here, as well - thank goodness!

LIzzie - I laughed at your Strava comment, it didn't show up on the map for awhile but I noticed it today, we were at the high school walking on the track then we got kicked off by the football team so we walked the perimeter of the school lol

Margaret  - YEAH that DH is home!!  Have a nice reunion LOL!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Turtles, I got my ears pierced when I was 21 years old. Then about 7 ears ago, my friend at work and I found that each of us had wanted to add another ear piercing. We went to the mall shortly after that and did it. We had a lot of fun doing it. By the time the second piercing healed I went and added a third so I have 3 evenly spaced. I enjoy earrings and don't wear other jewelry.

Oh, about time for supper, when I was young we had supper early, 4:00 or 4:30 pm or so. Later in the evening we would have our dessert.

Two days off since DC had a medical thing done so I stayed with him. He's doing fine.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Arimathea

Tessa

Anyone who utters the phrase "we are out of milk!" is invited to get themselves to the nearest  purveyor of moo juice and buy some. Everyone in this house has a driver's license and a car. I buy milk when I go to Costco. Extra jugs between trips are the responsibility of the consumer. (Can you tell I don't drink milk?)

Elina, can you practice with a mask on? And yes, I would tell them that you'll do what you can but you do have a marathon coming up.

Lisa, I am with you. Swimming is something one does when the alternative is drowning. I can swim, and I'm guessing you can too, but it's not my favorite activity. Yes, Susan, Karen, other tri people, we know you can swim fast!

And great minds think alike regarding the hope that A's ex really needed the bathroom. Mwahahaha.

Sorry about Indy DD's exposure. I have not seen my DD since March 2nd either. Really really looking forward to driving up there the week after next.

Susan,I am quilting through the stress like you're knitting. I don't have any yarn left because my mother took it all when we were in super strict lockdown in March and she really needed to keep knitting and had no yarn. She raided my stash. I have DD's quilt to try to finish -- it is usable, but I'd like to do some more quilting in the sashing.

Karen, men trails? No women trails?

Kat, thank you. I am chuckling over a few of those, especially "it takes a village to raise a child and it takes a whole vineyard to home school one."

Lori, your friend needs a smack upside the head. What you choose to do is your business.

I got used to eating dinner early in college when I worked the Sunday dinner shift. Caf opened 4:30-7 and the student workers ate before that. Mind you, I got in trouble at one point when a customer asked what the dinner entrees were, I told him, he said "has anyone tried these yet?" and I said "Yep, the guinea pigs ate already". I didn't realize the cafeteria manager was standing right behind me..

4 this morning, 4.5 this evening. Though it took RN and me 2 hours to do the evening walk/run -- we kept on stopping to talk to neighbours.  But we did cover some ground too!