Womens Running

Excel Tuesday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love donuts. Just thought I'd get that out there. I didn't used to, could take them or leave them, but something happened to me during ultra training last summer/fall. I mean, it's not ice cream, but they're pretty damn good.

I ran 10 this morning. It was a little bit warmer, I think around 35, but a little less windy and a little bit of sunshine. So it was a much happier run. Although both runs were pretty good. I am enjoying this last burst of cold air. One more day before we head back to the 60s and 70s, so I will run Thursdays tough run (same as last week, 4x2 miles at HMP) tomorrow and save the easy pace runs for the warmer temps.

Lisa and Lori, ain't no shame in the treadmill!

Lisa, the confusing part about this runner is he started slower this year than last, yet his cramps came on sooner in the race. I do think he's most likely outrunning his endurance/fitness level. It's hard to get someone with a lot of short speed to slow down as much as they need to when they aren't running very many miles in training. I think I'm going to suggest an earlier marathon (he goes to India for the month of December every year and doesn't get a lot of running in, so maybe get it done before he goes), and also try to get him to run more during the week. I was looking at his weekly mileage and he really didn't run very much even once he came back to the US. You are so right about this being the best long-running show out there. I love it when somebody has been gone for years and then just pops back in. And yes, you're still a regular here, even if you don't post quite as much.

Liz, definitely go for the PMP certification. If your company is willing to pay for it, why not. And it will benefit you going forward and possibly help you get out from under mammal's thumb. That is cool that he is recommending you for a job though! Hope all goes well at HCF's doctor appt. As for the baby runner, see my response to Lisa. That, and also get him to try pickle juice. I know people that swear by it, so why not.

Susan, sounds like good progress on the piriformis! Wow, three days off for Mardi Gras - is that instead of spring break, or do they get that as well? I just realized as I was typing that that spring break for our schools is next week, which is what made me think of it.

Damaris, do what you can on the paces. We all just want your lungs to be happy.

Cathy, my sugar habit is jealous of your last few days! Good idea about HR to figure out paces. Adding that and pickle juice to my things to try list.

Hi to all! I need to go get some lunch and then put some chicken in the crock pot for dinner. I should do some chores, but I think I'm two episodes behind on This Is Us, so may just cuddle up with the dogs and watch some TV.

I bet you it was all my Krispy Kreme talk.

Workout went OK.  8:57mm still makes me cough but the cough ended after I stopped to cough at 0.50 of the first interval so I call that a win.  Now I'm sore, ha.

Damaris

DDM day. double dreadmill. 10.1 total. Only way I can get that distance on a dm is in two go's. Woman at the desk asked me "what are you doing here again today?" when I walked into Planet Fitness. I asked her the same thing. LOL Skipped the pazcki, not a major thing for me so I could do it. Now over the weekend I did NOT skip the beer or the brownie made with one of my favorite beers with frosting also made with favorite dark beer and ice cream... i did share it though.

Lori-I guess if Canada is to have a banana belt you would be in it. LOL Well, now you know that you will be able to see improvement on the scale and you also know why running is harder. Carrying around a 15 pound weight tends to slow someone down.

Lizzie-congrats on the possible new job! We knew that somewhere in there he had a heart... being a mammal and all. Is HCF also doing some counseling to talk things through vs just pills? I would be afraid of mixing things with the heart stuff so new but no doc here. Hugs!

Sue-wow I wouldn't imagine school being off but I guess so.

Damaris-no shame in taking it indoors just pain. Running on the tm hurts my knees. changing the incline every few minutes tends to help.

Judy-So ready for the weather to break.

Tessa-glad the you were able to get out for your run.. hope you made it to the gym too.

Cathy-wow.. that was a lot of baked goods in a short amount of time! Happy Birthday! I said that to my daughter in Miami.. just tired of the cold hurting my face. and the darn glazed parts of the sidewalks.

Karen-remember the donuts you got for your race. Never did follow that plan of eating one after each loop. Hmmm.... next time, eat the damn donuts! LOL The lower overall mileage would be rough for someone who isn't doing more than one or two marathons a year. It seems to be okay when doing 6 or more because, well you obviously are getting long runs in every couple of months. And I think maybe in a slower trail race the person could still pull it off because of the walk breaks (assuming hills) but prolonged steady running, just needs lots of prolonged steady running practice. Either before India trip or wait until maybe early April to get back up to right level. Was he worried about getting cramps? That can be fulfilling too. I have found that S-Caps work for me when I know it's going to be warm. I have got to take in electrolyte drink at the very least. Since I started doing that no cramping of any significance. You know as well as me all the varied theories on cramping though. Primarily going beyond body's ability.

Elina-LOL on the colleague. If he's young and in fairly good shape he will likely pull it off and be one and done. Probably not going to be pretty though but you never know. Young and dumb often times does well the first time out as they don't know any better. LOL on the paczki thing..maybe it's an americanized polish thing? Basically the story goes that to clean out the larders for lent they donuts have more butter, eggs, and sugar in them so are extra dense. That ale sounds yummy.

Lisa