Womens Running

We're AWESOME Wednesdays (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ah, work week is more than half over and it's a 3 day weekend coming up. 4 miles and upper body strength training. Ice is mostly gone. Worst spots are in the city where there are clearly some water main issues. If the water is not gushing out, it's a low priority, which means lots and lots of ice. Also had the fun of trying to figure out who to bitch to about a car on cinder blocks in our neighborhood.

Seloc, yuck on the combo of frozen stuff. Not quite sure what is worse--having the ice under the snow or when you get the ice on top of the snow. Either is loads of fun.

Turtles, I tried the Breakthroughs, did not click with them. I'm used to a 12mm drop and they have an 8, so lower legs were unhappy. They also fit weird and seem to run small.

Ran 6.5 after work, had dinner, and consumed a bowl of ice cream.  I'm awesome!

Lizzie, Kupcakes -- woohoo on the three day weekend!  It's one of those holidays that always sneaks up on me.  Maybe because the stores aren't full of MLK Day cards, candy and decorations.  I measure the passage of time by what the stores tell me I should buy.  

Tessa, awful about the mudslides in SoCal.  The terrain up here that was scorched was't as hilly and I haven't heard that mud is a problem.  Nothing you can do to stop land from sliding on that scale.

Seloc, "cold" in my immediate vicinity means 40s, occasionally 30s.  It doesn't freeze here, too close to the ocean.  If you drive inland for a half hours, it could be below freezing.  But that's typically just overnight, usually in the inland valleys.  It wouldn't stay that cold during the day.  Just have to ask, what's a "bouncing girl"?

Judy, a sale tomorrow?  Where?

Turtles, I've heard of screw shoes.  Did you make them yourself?  Do they really work?

Kilmisters, hope the meeting tomorrow goes well.  Happy non-birthday to your DH.  Chuckling at the "horrors" of turning 30.

Kat, awesome that there's a HM you can do when you're in Vegas for a conference!

Karen, how'd the stew turn out?

Good night, all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR