The day has come...

Post em.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Woke up at 2am, decided to head to the airport very early in hopes of getting standby for a 6am flight instead of 8:15, gets me in 2.5 hours earlier.  Somehow the flight is 30 min shorter than the later flight.  Both non-stop, strange.  We shall see if I get it or not.  I decided I wouldn't mind the extra time for driving and doing stuff before the expo.  If I don't get it, ugh, I will have a 4 hour wait instead of 2.

I'm so early, none of the shops are open and I am thirsty.  Sbux opens in 25 min, might schlep back down.

Thunder and lightening on my drive to the airport, slippery wet roads.  There is snow already in Flagstaff and more is coming.  NOT looking forward to the drive, as you all know.

Expo got moved indoors because of the snow in Page and the freezing cold temps there.  At least we will be warmer.

Lots of nerves over the race, but that is totally normal for me.  I ALWAYS question my sanity for anything over a half.

I could probably ramble here for an hour out of boredom, but I will spare you.

K

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sweet!  I'm on the flight!  Even an exit row with more legroom.  Smile

K

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

12.2 miles for me. 6 of the 12 were MP.

Pretty awesome run! Felt really good. When I was at MP it was ehh at first but I got the hang of it and was hovering around 9:26 the entire 6 miles. Woohoo!! Was happy I kept the pace so well. That is my last double digit run!! Woohoo! Race time is coming and nerves are settling in. I was looking at the weather yesterday for race day, and it is now saying 48mph wind gusts?! WTF. Uh, hoping that changes within the next week. LOL. If that is the case I won't be racing it.

It is raining. AGAIN. The weather guy said it has rained 20 out of the 23 days in February. I am SO OVER IT. I wasn't expecting it this morning either. I walked outside to run and had to turn around to get rain gear. UUGGHHH. At least I can sport the hair bun today. Smile We are going back to heat and humidity again this weekend - and more rain - then 60's next week. I think Winter is officially over for us.

I have all this extra time that I got to work around 7am. SOOOOOO...I will be leaving early. LOL. Plus, I have to take advantage of mammel not being here. Smile I have to go to the grocery store today..blah.

Kilmisters – I loved your picture on Facebook!! I love Winter running, too. If you layer enough..its not that bad. Though, it does get exhausting having to put on all of the layers haha. Nice job with the run!!

Sandy – LOL at your practice experience!! Hormonal meltdowns will probably happen quite often. LOL. I am really excited for you that you decided to do this!! I think its great. They want someone ASAP for the job. She is overloaded and needs help. I guess budget season is coming and she would like to have someone trained by then. I haven’t really done much with budgets but I was honest about that. GSC’s..the only ones I wanted were the lemon ones! But HCBF wanted peanut butter, thin mint and samoas. Smile I had to laugh about your health screening. I think you are being hard on yourself. I bet your number was right – or it would be right if you weren’t wearing all the winter weather gear. You are doing so many fun things this week I am jealous. Haha. HCBF told me last night that we will be spending time with his parents on Saturday. So excited. Insert sarcasm. Isn’t it sad that getting up around 6 is sleeping in? LOL. I hope you have a great challenging run this morning! And I hope you have a great time today BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

Kathryn – I ended up wearing pants, a really nice “flowy” blouse and a jacket and heels. It was the right choice I think. Awe, you are so sweet!!! I can’t wait to find out either! SWEET that you got on the earlier flight!!! Its always better to have more time Smile I am so excited for you. I don’t remember you being so nervous for a race like this in a while. I think that is the best feeling. You are going to do so awesome and I can’t wait to hear about it!!

Run2trail – AHHHH Have a great time tomorrow!!! I am so excited for all of youuuu!!!

Margaret – Geez Margaret, stop being lame and post more Smile WTG on 10 miles AFTER work. Geez..that is awesome. Happy hour on rest day is a must!!!

Run4kupcakes – Funny, when I woke up this morning it was 62 in the house. I didn’t realize it would get that cold overnight. Like you, I wasn’t thinking about heat yesterday when it was 80 degrees! My co-worker made a comment about the gluten free cookies – the peanut butter ones. She said they suck now. LOL. She said the peanut butter wasn’t as creamy.

Karen – Are you also racing the weekend of the 3rd? Why do I keep thinking you have a race then too? Have fun today!

I am not going to bore everyone with what is going through my head about the interview. Like Run2trail said, now I am second guessing everything I said. I should have said this and I shouldnt have said that type things. Its going to drive me crazy!

Guess I can start some work. Have a great Friday everyone! GOOD LUCK KATHRYN, LISA, and RUN2TRAIL WOOOHOOO

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KATS, best of luck! 

Thursday I had gone down to do the stairs, but saw a lonely TM just begging for company. I joined it and we communed for 50 minutes.

Today will be classes, meditation, yoga and an American History class. Tomorrow is a meeting about a bus trip DC and I plan to take. Then we will do some library volunteer work. There are times I just want to lock myself in and bury myself with a hot chocolate and my current history book. Retirement can get too busy sometimes. 

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

TGIF!!!  Core for me today. Actually felt pretty good. Glad I got out of bed. Wink

Lizzie--great miles this morning.  Fingers crossed on the job!

Kat--good luck and have fun! Just keep moving! You got this.

Ugh. Meeting w boss to discuss project this morning. Wish me luck.

Kilmisters

Ultra in snow? You are all crazy... In a positive way! Fingers crossed for all of you! What time is the start?

Lizzie, wow, I don't envy you at all - rain is better than summer heat, but worse than snow. Even if it's below 0 degrees. Can't you find something you can keep yourself superbusy w so that there is no time for overthinking about interview? Worked for me. Smile

It was even colder this morning. Even. Colder. -7 degrees. At the moment it's 0 degree ''real feel'' out there; looks like another fun evening run in few hrs Smile

TGIF!

Edit: Decided on a rest day. Slept less than 3hrs and would rather have a nice midday run tomorrow about 20hrs or so before the game instead of packing things together... The floorball+running scheduling is awful for this very reason - overthinking how to plan runs so that you are in a good shape for the game but not fatigued either. Overdoing a bit and struggling during a run is one thing, you know, having the chance to adjust pace/distance, but game... Yeah, something else entirely. Meh.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

ginnyb

cold and drizzle here this morning, it's lovely.  Shoulders and arms this morning, I wasn't feelin' it, but I did it.  I think it is the dreary weather.

Have fun at Antelope this weekend, no way I could run it, but wish I were there just for the fun parts.  Am anxious to read all about it.

Damaris....looks like fun at the Princess.  A high school friend of mine was volunteering at the packet pick up.

Oh Kat glad you got on the earlier flight and I hope the race goes well for you, you will have fun anyway.

Lizzie...nice run for you as usual.  Yikes on the winds, but you know how much a forecast can change in a week.  Wish I could say winter was over for us, we have a long way to go.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Volunteering is slow. We had quite a few between 7-9, then the 48-hour race started. 24-hour starts tomorrow morning, so will probably be pretty quiet the rest of the morning. I’m okay with that, just wish I’d brought my kindle!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Kat, yay for an earlier flight! Glad you got on it.

Good luck to all the racers this weekend! Snowing in AZ? Hope everything is OK. After Beaverhead I'm afraid of running on steep slopes on snow.

Karen, thanks for volunteering. Could you read something on your phone?

Liz, job sounds interesting. I didn't think the GS had gluten free peanut butter cookies, the GF ones around here are called "Toffee-tastic" and I haven't tried them, not being gluten avoidant and not inclined to pay $6 for those when I could have Tagalongs or Samoas for $5.

Ginny, you could go to an ultra and volunteer at the start/finish, or just kick back, hike a few miles of the course, and enjoy the scenery until you cheer the finishers in.

Judy, if you want to kick back with your book and your beverage, do so!

Susan, good luck with the interview with the boss today!

Elina, yes, they are running an ultra in snowy conditions. Brrr.

Did not run this morning, I got in late from choir practice (gas light came on so I had to go feed the car) and just did not feel like getting up to run. I should go to the gym today, have errands to run as well but I can maybe do those after work.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

This day has been AWWWFFFUUULLLL. UGGGHHHH. I can't wait to go home!

I really hope I get this job I really hope I get this job I really hope I get this job. I will be repeating this all weekend. Smile

Judy – Laughing that you decided to go for a run instead of the stairs Smile A bus trip?! Where are you thinking of going?

Susan – Good luck with the meeting!!

Kilmisters – You are right – I need to keep myself busy. Especially this weekend!! Have fun on your cold run Smile

Karen – Hope you aren’t asleep at the packet pickup.

Ginny – Nice workout this morning! This dreary weather SUCKS. I can’t get motivated to do anything!

Tessa – All they offer around here are the GF ones! They don’t even call them Tagalongs anymore! Weird. Maybe just take today as a rest day! Are you running long this weekend?

One hour to go! Have a great Friday everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Migraine today so stayed home from work.  Wish the tylenol would kick in.

Good luck Kat, Lisa and Diana at AC

Good luck to Damaris and hubby at Disney.

Have fun Karen volunteering.

Rain again here too Ginny, thinking the weather has something to do with my headache.

Judy...lovey TM...lol, love that one.

Back to drinking some coffee and under the blankets.

Anonymous Guest

Back home with dog on lap. He is such a spoiled guy, didn't like me being gone so long. While there I saw the first of the 72-hour racers reach 100 miles (they started at 9 am yesterday, he hit 100 in 27 hours....I assume he's going to slow down or take some long breaks because that's insane), I saw a guy run over 50 miles with his dog and both were still going strong, I met the RD's wife who was heading to the airport because she's running Antelope Canyon tomorrow (so Kathryn, Lisa and Diana, if a nice lady named Rachel says hi, that's from me). I got a tech tee and a pair of sunglasses and most importantly, a 50% race coupon code coming next week. It was kinda fun and not a lot of work. I'm thinking about doing another one, maybe at an aid station. The race credits never expire and this race looked pretty cool.

Liz, did they say when they'd be making a decision on the job? I so so so so so hope you get it. Yes, I'm running The Woodlands Marathon (about 20 minutes north of my house) next Saturday. Weather so far is actually looking pretty decent, no rain, 54 at the start, 65 at the finish. With the hot weather we keep getting and all the rain and humid weather, that doesn't sound bad at all. I'd prefer a little colder, but I will not complain.

Kathryn, nice score on the earlier flight and with legroom! See, things are going your way this trip, what could possibly go wrong?

Sandy, I was not laughing at your VB practice experience with a bunch of hormonal, drama-crazy girls, really I wasn't!

Judy, how sweet of you to keep the lonely TM company.

Susan, glad core felt good, does this mean your back is getting better?

Elina, keep that cold over there! Sounds like RD today is a good idea.

Ginny, so you're saying it could be worse - we have been getting warm and rainy. I guess that is better than cold and drizzle.

Tessa, thought about that as I do have the kindle app on my phone, but the combination of small screen and being in the middle of a book I'm not really that impressed with made it seem less than fun. I checked the internet, talked to a few people and went down and watched the runners some, and before long it was time to go.

Diane, yuck on the migraine. Have you tried excedrin migraine? That works for me almost as well as the prescription stuff I used to take. Can still tell the migraine is there, but I'm at least able to sorta function if I take it.

Rest day for me today. Since I haven't been running as many miles as I normally do, it feels like I'm not hardly running at all during taper. I'll run 12 tomorrow, some with my group and whatever is left by myself. I'm trying to get a couple people back on the horse, so may be doing 3-4 really slow, run/walk, then the rest alone. Otherwise I think I've got people doing 9 and 10, so will run with them and then just add on a loop through the park on the way back to the store for 12.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel