Womens Running

THANK GOODNESS IT'S THURSDAY DIVAS! (Read 14 times)

SassySparky

Thanks for all the tips ladies! I am still undecided. TO be honest ( and this is the douchiest thing I will ever say ) 12 miles is starting to feel "easy" for me. In that I can finish it and not have it really affect my day too much). So I'm worried if I were to do 4 miles and then 12 miles later in the day, I would not really get the benefit of being on my feet for 16 miles at the same time. That being said, I have 10 more weeks of training, which includes at least one 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 miler. I'll decide later. I'm super stressed about tomorrow's lab meeting anyway so I'm just not happy with anything!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Sassy - In that case, I'd say do whatever makes it less stressful for you. I know, easier said than done. But running is supposed to remove stress, not add to it.

EMGunner

Delurk:

Sassy, If you are going to break up your run, you should generally do the longest run first. I (and many run couches) would also recommend starting with a few strides in both runs to simulate exhausted legs as you run. The whole point of the long run is time on your feet, so obviously breaking it up is not ideal but fine every once in a blue moon / its still super early in training for your marathon.

Mel: Enjoy your hokas! I have many friends that love and swear by them!

Outwest: I am sorry work is stressful and your having a hard time unwinding! I hope you and fay have a great backpacking trip.

GSD: I hope the move goes well for you, M, DH, G and A! And that DH is happy in his new position! A new chapter is always exciting! Thinking of you.

On the Docket: R&R Philly Half 9/16 | ING NYC Marathon 11/3 | R&R San Antonio Marathon 11/17  

EMGunner

Delurk:

Sassy, If you are going to break up your run, you should generally do the longest run first. I (and many run coaches) would also recommend starting with a few strides in both runs to simulate exhausted legs as you run. The whole point of the long run is time on your feet, so obviously breaking it up is not ideal but fine every once in a blue moon / its still super early in training for your marathon.

Mel: Enjoy your hokas! I have many friends that love and swear by them!

Outwest: I am sorry work is stressful and your having a hard time unwinding! I hope you and fay have a great backpacking trip.

GSD: I hope the move goes well for you, M, DH, G and A! And that DH is happy in his new position! A new chapter is always exciting! Thinking of you.

On the Docket: R&R Philly Half 9/16 | ING NYC Marathon 11/3 | R&R San Antonio Marathon 11/17  

MA runner girl

Out west - you should be able to enter your mile time under the mile:

http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/index.php/calcUsage/calculate

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16