Womens Running

(Over 40) Bring on the Weekend (Read 21 times)

Karen-I think you have the time thing backwards. I lose 3 hours coming from CA to MI. Don't I?

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, ladies!  Hubby and I went to Orlando for the weekend and we just drove back.  We did 8.25 miles on Saturday but apart from that and a twisted ankle, I have been just resting.  The ankle is not that bad but one day of rest will help.

Great job on the runs, ladies.  Have a great rest of the weekend!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Oops - you're right.  And I used to live out there...you'd think I'd be able to get that straight.

Karen-I think you have the time thing backwards. I lose 3 hours coming from CA to MI. Don't I?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dh pissed me off. Long story ---he took my brand new still rolled up exoensive area rug to goodwill.  He was supposed to take the old one from the family room that was in the garage. He helped me roll up the old stinky one from the formal living and knew that was going to the curb  we can't give it away. But the smaller one from the family room was fine. I just got a better rug. Today I was going to put diwn the new rug in the formal living room. Last thing to do before the visitors come this week. The new rug was there rolled up ready to go once I got home with the new pad and all my errands. He was to take all his old uniform shirts that we had taken the patches off of and the rug in the garage.

I got home from my errands and was putting stuff in the garage like the new welcone mat and getting ready to do the yard work then cellophane the baskets etc. I'd picked up everything. The rug he was supposed to take was still there. When I asked he took the one in the house. I was so angry I started to cry. It was expensive and I had ordered it on line and gotten it on sale and free shipping. How he decided to take the new one that isn't even close to the same size, a different pattern and color etc than any of the rugs idk. He knows he messed up. I just cannot believe he dId that.  Now I've reordered the same rug. Still got it on salr but had to pay for 2 day shipping or I would not get it in time.

I took my anger out on the bushes and flower beds and he had to help without complaining because he doesn't do the flower beds. Those are mine. But he had to quietly help and do it my way.

Two  new hanging baskets in and everything is done now.  All errands are done.  Other than the rug that I thought was done because it was here and just needed laid down.

Now I need to wrap up the Easter baskets

Karen that is great to find a good contractor

Gatsby yes. It looks great and it is like a new house. I've fine a lot.

Laura the prom pictures on FB were wonderful.

Carol have have a great time at yogalates.

Marjorie

camille2

Bummer on the rug, Marjorie.  Poor you and poor hubby.

Karen...woo-hoo on your race!  That's amazing. You'll get the hang of transition now that you know it's an area to practice. Do I remember right that your main goal was to beat a certain person?  Did it happen or did she not run?  Interesting that your race had a 5k and du, too. It was probably better that I didn't do a race yet. I can get impulsive when I'm looking at emails.  One thought on transiton...my PT had me do a lot of balancing on one leg and now I do that while I'm doing other stuff...brushing teeth, dishes, etc.  I'm still not great at it, but it's helping.

Score on the trailer...you and Tessa are lucking out.

Lisa, I did get that shelving system up but I had to make a Home Depot trip to finish.  I could never get the wall fasteners  that came with it to work so ended up buying screws for the studs and spaced things differently.  I've put  one up before but it was 4-5 years ago so I always feel like I'm starting over.  BTW, thanks for a couple grins from your posts. You should head down in November to visit you SIL and do Chickamauga.

Gatsby,  thanks for that link to your pics.  I'm saving them for coffee time in the morning.

Carol, I had to smile at your "fun" class where you almost threw up doing planks.  Glad you're happy with the decision. I can't even imagine 18 anymore.

I'll  catch up with the rest of personals in the morning.  I've had a pretty productive weekend, but everything is taking me much longer than planned. They pressure washed my deck Friday afternoon and a lot of the stain peeled-much more than should have-so I spent yesterday afternoon scraping so I can touch it up if we have a few sunny days. I didn't today-supposed to rain tonight.  I'm getting short on time here. I still have the downstairs deck to do, but it's smaller.  Today, I worked on a room I use for storage of paint, etc.  (No garage).  All I've done so far is make a huge mess in the main room with stacks of boxes, books, etc.   I want to put up more shelves in there, I think.  I'm heading back down for an hour.

I did walk today, too.