Womens Running

(Over40) August Weekend (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If you thought those are crazy temps, today will take the cake.  100F (heat index) and 79DP by 8am.  By Mile 6 I was done.  By Mile 8.50, I switched to the TM because I couldn't run in that shit anymore.  12 miles done!

Gatsby, glad you had fun at the race!

LC Runs, nice job on the run.

Have a great day!

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2. Sun zapped me. I stopped several times just to let me internal temp cool. At 10 I stopped at a friends to get water I wasn't dehydrated but needed it to help cool me. After that the last 1.2 was really not hard to complete. We are now going to get dh a new phone. I'm going with him or he might come home with a flip phone.Not that there is anything wrong with flip phones but he needs a smart phone. He will use it more than he thinks. Back later for personals.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Laura hope you survived round two. Nice to volunteer, though

so now it rains. If only it would have rained like this on my run. I'd have been much cooler

Drug dh kicking and screaming into the 21st century and got him a new phone. His flip phone was not holding charge and causing issues. I went with him or he would have come back with another flip phone. I've oriented him to the phone. Downloaded some free apps for him to use. Got his settings done etc.

Gatsby yes, easy repair. One of the screws on the custom shelving in the pantry gave out. It wasn't completely in the stud. So he just had to put in a few other screws. Friday I opened the pantry and everything looked skewed and I knew I wasn't standing crooked. So I called him and he stopped by yesterday am to fix it.

Nice AG win Carol!

Camille both my pups think they are super cute. I think they are too.  I love doggie antics. These two sure have some.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

We are in upstate NY visiting my family. I got out for 11 miles this morning, running the first 6 with one of my high school cross country teammates. We always try to run together when I'm in town; she's going to run with me a couple more times this week. The weather was fabulous - cool and low humidity. It was getting warm by the time I finished, though - I wouldn't have wanted to be out there much longer.

Carol - congrats on the AG win!

Lisa - that sounds like quite the trail.

Damaris - I would have a really hard time in those kinds of temps.

Camille - hope the fish were biting better today!

Marjorie - your DH will love his smart phone.

Waves to everyone else - I need to go help my mom get dinner ready.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

LC Runs

Yeah, home for the day.  Actually, was pretty fun, lots of stuff going on in town and I think the weather really helped sales this year.  The Art Fair brings a lot of money in for local organizations.  My DD and the rest of the girls did their opening dance routine and they all did their talent from the program.  The theme this year was "The 80's" so a lot of familiar tunes

Damaris - wow, that is hot!  Great job, though!

Marjorie - your DH will love his phone once he gets used to it.  I finally got a smart phone last December and I love it.

Cindy - nice run.  How nice to have a RB when you visit home!

ginnyb

10 miles for me this morning, but didnt feel that great. Still don't feel right.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Ginny, hope you're feeling better.

Cindy, fun to run with your high school team mate!

camille, "providing God a bit of entertainment" - what a great way to think of things like that. I'm going to try to remember that.

Laura, what a busy weekend for you! I saw a couple pics of your daughter on fb - gorgeous.

Got my 18 miles in today for a total of 70 for the week. I may be getting my mojo back. I went out this morning knowing my legs were tired, so I decided that I didn't care if I hit the paces I was supposed to, I was just going to make sure I got the miles in. First few miles were a little slow, but comfortable, then I settled in and without even trying was hitting 8:50s (my long run pace is supposed to be between 8:40 and 9 according to those evil Hanson brothers). I ended up averaging 8:58 for the entire run! Kind of reinforced how much of this stuff is mental, at least for me. I've struggled on a few long runs going out too fast worried about hitting my paces. Paying a little less attention and just letting my body do what it thinks is right seems to be working better (did the same mental adjustment on my MP run earlier in the week with the same result of being right on pace overall). I'm still not ready to try a run without the Garmin, though. A girl needs her data. At least this girl does.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, glad the long run went well.

Marjorie, you are right, if you had gone somewhere the repair person would have showed up. And wow, that's hot. Can you put ice packs on your torso? That usually helps me, ice packs down my bra and around my back.

Laura, congratulations to DD on the contest. Victorian outfits, fun!

Gatsby, thanks for all the volunteering you do.

Damaris, that sounds awfully hot.

Cindy, enjoy the runs with former XC teammates!

Ginny, hope tomorrow's run is better.

5.8 on Saturday, 6 today. I was citrus picking yesterday (grapefruit, which are tougher to pick than oranges because they fall easily and they split when they fall) and crucifer for the early service today. Three more days of work and then we set off on our cross country drive.