Womens Running

TaDA TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 25 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Oh, and prescription only......  the big bummer.  But maybe the shelter has an in with a vet.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Tessa – we are flying in/out of SFO and have friends to stay with Thurs night.  We have a hotel for Sat-Mon in Napa for post-race.  From what you are saying and what I see on the reports, wondering if that will get canceled.  It just looks devastating!  I cannot imagine going through that!  I know I will still plan to stay in San Fran, at least, until flight home.  OMG, I first read that you saw a “dead COW” on the sidewalk.  I was like a  COW ON THE SIDEWALK??  LOL  But, yeah, would be nice to know if the bird had a disease but not for that much work.  Nice miles this morning.

I guess one could go with capris for 37* but the workout capris I own do not have a drawstring and always start falling down until I sweat enough to hold them up LOL

Cathy – mmmmmmmm donuts…  you will be the first on the forum to get to meet HCBF!!  How fun!!  As for the BA in math…  like I tell people – it doesn’t make me a human calculator haha.  Just means I’m more analytical, I guess.  And not so good at using the other side of the brain – the side used for learning languages, for example.  OMG I would be jealous if Lizzie moved in behind you!!

Kat – yep, shorts.  I’m a northerner with thick blood.  UGH on the 75 and sunshine for MCM!  Now I have to decide if I wear contacts and sunglasses or just my glasses like I usually do.  Contacts are fine but gramma here can no longer see up close with those babies in.  Glasses you just look underneath!  #agingsucks  Oh!  My RB mentioned about wearing some sort of political-ish shirt (not offensive but I can’t remember what it says!).  I said I’d consider it based on what it was made out of.  No way I want to wear cotton in that weather for 26.2miles

Diane – great idea with the ginger cookies!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I think I need to log on earlier. No way that this slow typist will be able to keep up with all the personals today. My goodness, this is a chatty group. I love it.

Yesterday was a rest day. I overate. A lot. It was our Thanksgiving and we had my MIL and DD2's bf's Oma for dinner. It was our first time meeting her. So it was quite the feast. So much leftovers. I love turkey. But this may change in three days when I am still staring at it.

Today was 8 miles with 6 one mile intervals and they very nearly made me throw up. I might need to blame the two cupcakes I had for breakfast. Did I mention we have buttloads of sweets left over as well? Otherwise the miles went ok. A bit too fast for the first 4 so the remaining two were tough. But speedwork is tough anyway.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

No doubling up today. My hamstring is twingy and I want it in tip top shape! I was looking it up online and it feels a lot like hamstring tendinitis. Overuse…makes sense. The web gave some taping techniques - I will try if the compression sleeve doesn’t work! I am hoping to try that out tomorrow and Thursday. I am trying to listen to Sandy and use this as mental rest. LOL. It's just weird - I have never had any hamstring issues.

Today has been on/off busy. I am ready to go!

Diane – I am craving lasagna now. MMMM I love italian food. Lots can change with the weather in 11 days! Ive noticed changes in my weather stalking within 4 days! I like your attitude going into this race! You will do great and hopefully you don’t puke!

Docket – Not hungry?! WHAT?! Haha. I am usually not hungry the day of the race it is the morning after.

Susan – Glad to hear Nate was a non-event! Ugh on the office leak!

Sandy – I hope that chilly weather is heading towards MKE! Nice miles and I don’t know if I would have worn shorts! LOL. Myabe shorts and I would have had sleeves of some sort. I am hoping the fires do not impact Ragnar..9am start time is awesome. I was excited to hear that MKE start time is 6:30. My peak time hahaha..Okay, you give me hope on the no headphones. I remember you saying that but I just wanted reassurance. LOL. I might have to do it. It won’t be bad but it will just be a first for me. It might actually be better to pay attention to the sights Smile I am hoping the weather is perfect for MCM!! YES I saw there is a price increase after the 31. I am planning on signing up this month! WOOHOO for your RB! This is going to be fun! Good luck with the moving after work! BA in math!? You smarty pants. I am laughing at your comment to Cathy about HCBF..he is a celebrity! Hahaha. Smile I would not wear cotton either! Not in any weather!

Kathryn – You go in so prepared…I love it. I try to avoid thinking about it so I don’t stress. Haha. Virginia/DC weather changes in a heartbeat so don’t take that forecast too seriously just yet! And yes, we have gone from mid 70 forecast down to 50 Smile. We got crazy weather around here.  I have a mantra! I always say outloud..”Girl, you are a badass..you CAN do hard things. This is hard. But you can and will do it”. I feel like an idiot saying it to myself but it works.

Ginny – WOOHOO I am glad the weather looks good for Sunday. We will be racing together Smile I will think about you when I am out there. I like your idea of going in with no expectations. But you might surprise yourself since the weather isn’t going to be as warm this time around. Are you ready for cooler weather? Am I reading this correctly?! Wink HCBF is being sneaky sneaky…haha.

Cathy – MMMMM apple cider doughnut sounds so good. Of course you will be meeting HCBF! Smile I may bring headphones and just stick them in a baggy and just have them ready for when I need them. I will have to wait until this weekend to make a decision based on the forecast. I do enjoy my Podcasts! You are being such a model patient over there! You are Margaret Smile How do you fuel during a marathon? Do you use the goo?

Sandy and Cathy – I have already told HCBF I want to move to WI based on what I have heard about the weather there! Sight unseen! He said it is too far away from family..we will see. I would move there in a heartbeat I am sure! My kinda climate Smile

Tessa – Oh boy..if I saw a dead crow I would probably ignore it. Ew.

Lori – One is never to UNDER eat at Thanksgiving – so you did it right! Cupcakes for breakfast?! My kinda girl! Nice job getting through that run! I am sure it wasn’t easy after yesterday!

Have a great night everyone! Let me get back to my rain-forest over here...

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

KatS, definitely don't stress about the DC forecast. I was talking to my friend who ran R&R DC this year. Wednesday before the race it was supposed to be 50 and sunny. Race day was in the 20s with high winds. This time of year, it can rapidly change, I wish it would--it needs to cool down.

Hi ladies!  So much to catch up on and not enough time for personal responses, sorry.

Volunteered all day Saturday, two shifts. Awesome runners especially those smiling after the steep climb from 9500 ft to 11,500 ft where I was with the last aid station. Couldn't ask for a more perfect day!!

Friday:  6.2 miles on trail near ski area.  Gorgeous sunset.

Saturday:  rest day

Sunday:  16.1 miles on mountain trail, WINDY!! and Sunny, nice tho'.

Monday:  rest

Tuesday:  today, planning on 6-8 miles before we head back to the 'work' home.  DH had a five day 'holiday'.

Karen:  LOVED the running photo ..........you're buffed!!  Looking strong!

Liz:  has HCBF lived elsewhere?  You would do great in WI, I don't think that's too far from the east coast.

Hope those living near the wildfires in CA are safe.  Smoke sounds pretty thick and people wearing masks.

Excited to see there a few runners for the Antelope Canyon trail event, YAY!!

ginnyb

Yes Lizzie, you read that correctly, I am ready for cooler weather, not COLD weather.  I'm like you, tired of not knowing what the. Heck to wear!

On my phone and can't type on here.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Damarias - Congrats on your Chicago!  Did I see that you are doing Detroit!!!!

Kat - Congrats to you too!!!

Ginny - More Congrats!!  I’m glad you are go8 g to give Columbus a try!

lizzie - hmmm, wonder why HCBF is so smiley?  Hoping weather cooperates for you.

Judy - That is very cute that you and DC knew each other in grade school!

karen - woohoo on those buff legsSmile  sounds like your coaching is really going strong!

Cathy - how fun that you get to meet Lizzie & HCBF!  Hope the 5k goes ok for you!

Tessa - Yikes on the dead crow!  Don’t think I would want to,go back and get it Either!

Sue - NOOOOOO, on the PF!!!  So not fun.

HuronHeart - I grew up in the “thumb”...hopefully we will do a mutual race sometime Smile  Do you usually do the Winterlaufe?

Lori - Sounds like a pretty typical overeating thanksgiving Wink

Sandy - Are you doing MCM, too?

Hope I caught everyone!  If not, HI!!!

Ran in the Forest yesterday with 10trips up and down the sled hill, today 10 with RB.

Carol

Arimathea

Tessa

Kat, thanks. So two questions:

1) It controls ear mites as well as fleas?

2) Can it be used on 8-9 week old kittens?

Diane, yes carry some food you like and see what might look appealing at the aid station table. Pepto is a good idea, you might also carry a few Tums tablets in case you get cramps -- the calcium/magnesium is helpful for a lot of people.

Ran again at lunch, 6.04. I'm trying to get back to the gym regularly at lunch. We are still very busy but I want to do this for me.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.5 with mile intervals. Slower than what the plan called for, but I wasn't going to try to speed them up. Too damn humid. So over this weather.

Now handling the fun task of trying to buy a new dishwasher. Repair guy came out this afternoon & said don't bother fixing it. Makes sense, DH said as much when it wouldn't start on Sunday. This would be at least the 4th time we had to replace the stupid control panel and it's now 11 years old. Been looking at what our options are on Costco. I like how they have 1 price for appliances--it includes delivery, set up and haul away. The other stores look cheaper, until you start adding in all those necessities. DH always says he can install, but I am certain that would involve a lot of cursing, take longer and if something goes wrong, it probably voids the warranty. And along with that fun, I get to unload the full dishwasher & wash everything by hand.

HuronHeart

3 miles tonight, run at faster than normal pace.  Running off my work frustrationsI guess.

Lizzie, sorry about your heat and humidity but happy to hear your leg is better.  What do you think HCBF is up to?  ðŸ˜Š

Dhuffman, you have a good attitude with just keep moving and skip the throwing up.

Crazysue,  Do you enjoy your alone time when BF is gone?  My DH has never traveled for a job so I don't know what it's like. It probably sounds mean but sometimes I wish he would 😂

Seloc, are you running a Ragner? My RB just ran a Ragner race. She is crazy competitive plus loves chaos so she had a great time.

Ginny, thanks for the book recommendation. I am always on the lookout for a good book. We have no TV or internet at our cottage so I like to have a book on hand.

Hello and happy runs everyone.

Kathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Tessa, it has flea and heart worm control, is a general dewormer, and gets ear mites on top of that.  It has 3 weight ranges, under 5#, 5-15#, and 15 over.  Yes, it can be used on 8 week or older kittens.

Oh, it feels like I broke my big toe the nail hurts so bad.  The toe is fine, the nail just hurts like an SOB.  OMG.  It needs to feel better, and soon.  My works shoes (Dansko's of all things) aren't helping it.  The nails don't even seem that long.

Whine over.  Quite possibly Wine is helping a bit.  Wink

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

I am tired. 4 easy miles this morning, then another 3 at OTF. Then a bunch of chores and stuff in the afternoon, and the met my group at the high school track for their speedwork. I got there and there was some middle school football game going on so we couldn't use the track. We were running 400x400 intervals, and there was a park about 1/2 mile away with a path a little over a mile long that was marked at 1/4 mile intervals, so we went over there and used that. Worked out okay, and I got another 4 miles in, making 11 for the day. Luckily DH had some dinner to go to tonight so I didn't have to make dinner - by the time we got everyone together and figured out a plan and then went over to the park and then did the workout, I didn't get home until 8:30.

I'm just going to pretty much blow off personals tonight. Here's all I've got:

Ginny, thanks for mentioning that book. I saw it came out a few days ago but my library didn't have it and then I forgot about it. I just checked again and am now #88 on the wait list on 10 copies. So I'll read it eventually! Oh, I charged him $25. So hard to price, it's a lot of work, but I don't think people want to pay a lot when they can find plans online or buy a book.

Sandy, I was going to be a math major, but then it was suggested that I try engineering if I was good at math but actually wanted to find a job when I graduated, so that's what I did. Funny, I remember being told not to go into computer science, because everyone was and the job market would be full of CS grads looking for jobs and there just couldn't be that many jobs. Oh, 1985, you had no idea what was going to happen, did you.

crazysue, glad Nate wasn't too bad, but oh no on the possible PF!

Liz, yay on being done with speedwork. This week and next are my peak weeks and am planning on about 70 miles each week. 17 tomorrow, assuming my legs feel okay after today.

My mind keeps wandering off, so that's it from me. I think I need a snack.....

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Quick hello!  Taking a rest day from running/walking today.  Fires continue to spread north of here and air quality is bad.  Even my hermetically-sealed office building in downtown San Francisco smells like smoke.  My family and friends are not in the affected areas but friends' families and friends of friends have had to evacuate.  Just really a sad and stressful time in NorCal.

Before I forget, Seloc, if you have extra time to kill in San Francisco when you fly out for Ragnar, let me know.  I live a little south of the city and could come up to meet you.  But if the race goes forward (and I really hope that it does), I know you'll be pretty busy that weekend.

Waves to everyone else.  Sorry no time for personals tonight.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Kupcakes, that would annoy me greatly, the having to unload the dishwasher and hand wash everything.

Costco is particularly good if you have the executive membership so you get 2% back on everything -- and use the Visa so you get another couple of percentage points back.

Kat, thanks! Not sure I want to pay for the kittens to have it, but certainly good to know for our four grownup cats.

Whine over, wine in? Hope it helps. Not sure why a toenail would hurt so much.

Kathy, which Ragnar did your friend run? And I hear you on the books. Any Little Free Libraries near the cottage?  Bring up a few books, read them, then take them to the LFL and get something else.

Karen, hope you had your snack. The nerve of the middle schoolers wanting to use the school track! Good workouts.

Are you charging him more if he asks you a lot of questions?

Margaret, really miserable with the fires, sorry. Hope the breathing gets easier.