Womens Running

Monday is Here (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Hi all,

Quick update before my group gets back ...

Philmont journey update:

Day 1: Flight was uneventful. Arrived in CO and all our gear arrived with us. Gathered the troops, got the rental cars, and headed to Idaho Springs, where we picked up food for lunch. Had a lovely picnic lunch near Echo Lake. After that headed up Mt. Evans, which was quite the adventure, especially the blizzard on the summit. From there, headed to Buena Vista where we are staying. Had a wonderful Mexican dinner then a couple of other adults and I did the grocery shopping for the 31 in our crew. One woman did ask what I was shopping for. Yes, the cart was loaded. Beautiful clear night sky when we got back so just sat in awe of that for a while.

Day 2: Grocery shopping for lunch meat we couldn't buy last night because the deli was closed. Lots of meetings this morning to plan the trek. And now, while the crew is rafting I get to relax by the Arkansas River and just veg out (and update Facebook). I decided I did not want to risk hives and an asthma attack as a result of falling into a 40 degree raging river. They should be having a blast.

Best part of yesterday was absorbing the excitement and awe of the boys who had never seen mountains like this before.

Susan

LC Runs

Thanks for all the nice words about my race, you all are the best!!!    I did forget to mention at one point (maybe mile 21) when RB said, "you're still going to be my friend after this, right?"  LOL, it was cute.  The friendship means much more than any race and really, it's no big deal in the scheme of things

Hi Damaris - sucks about the asthma.  I know the pollen is so awful this year, must be adding to the issue.

Carol - what does your RB look like?  There was a great moment when a lady ran past us around mile 16 and said, "didn't this really seem like a great idea in January?".  Cracked me right up.  She was petite with short dark hair.  I am planning on running a 10k in Hale on July 26th and I 'think' I'm going to run the Vineyard to Bay 25K in August (it's the same weekend of the Crim, though on Sunday).  It sounds like so much fun and I want to run a 25K.  It's also the same weekend as the Micro Brew Fest in Traverse City, so I'm seriously thinking this would be a fantastically fun weekend.  The race has a 25k as well as a 10k/5k relay....it's on the Leelanau Trail.  You should look into it!

Lisa - AWESOME job on the 21 miler!!  It is so funny to think about the the things that come out of our mouths during some of these races!

Ginny - thanks so much for the kind words!!  I know she really appreciated it and it really was a good time!

Camille -  LOL, I am 'kind of' thinking of another one....I just don't like the training that goes with it...maybe I should find one coming up soon and just do it....hmmmmm....

Karen -  you must have needed the sleep!  I know what you mean about trying to fit in a weekend for travel, summer is just too short and there is so much going on...hope you find time to do the house hunting.

Hi Tessa - nice running for you!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day today. Back to Tampa tomorrow. Did an hour Pilates. Some training today and calls.

Lisa it is my big toe. I've had the beginnings of sesmoiditis.  It is almost gone but still a little flare sometimes.

Laura sorry it it was tough on RB. She'll get there one day.  It is tough on anyone and I'm sure she was frustrated.  If she doesn't do another that is okay too.

Karen  I find if I sleep in I have the same issue. My sleeping in is anything past 7. I have also tried to stay up a bit later. I find if I go to bed too early I can't fall asleep right away send it is uncomfortable with puppy pushing on me and the sound of Dh's cpap machine. I can take it for a short while but then it gets irritating if I'm still up.

carol  saw the pre hike pics on FB. Looks so pretty up there.

Tessa weird it is blank!  It usually won't post if you do not have anything typed. Must have hiccuped.

Marjorie

Susan-woohoo!!  that has got to be so exciting!  minus the blizzard and the grocery shopping.

Marjorie-your big toe is having an earthquake?  LOL

Laura-sounds like some fun races ahead of you!

Lisa

Ran 5.5 creaky miles today. Body is still a little beat up from Double Dipsea on Saturday.

Judy, how funning that walking for several hours is a "SDO".

LC, sorry your friend didn't have a great experience at the marathon. It's definitely not for everyone. Plenty of other races out there.

Damaris, hope the asthma is better tomorrow.

Carol, eeek, I hate mosquitoes!

Karen, I am the opposite of you... if I don't run first thing in the morning, then it probably won't happen!

Tessa, I can tell there are lots of deep meaningful thoughts in that blank canvas of a post.

Lisa, how cool that you are not only running far again, you are feeling great doing it and recovering quickly!

GinnyB, I'm with you on being a early bird runner.

Camille -- Yes, the Dipsea is a crazy race with handicapping and shortcuts. If you want to crash down the hill through the poison oak, you are welcome to do so. A 10 y/o girl won it three years ago, then a 74 y/o man won it the next year, then a 50-something woman won it last year and this year. The Double Dipsea is handicapped, but no shortcuts are allowed and the results aren't quite so wacky. A 28 y/o man won it this year, with a 50-something man in 2nd place, then a 50 year old woman in 3rd place.

Susan, that's quite an expedition. Hope all goes well.

Marjorie, safe travels tomorrow.

Did I get everyone?  Hi to anyone that I missed!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR