Womens Running

FRIYAY (dailies) (Read 16 times)

Kilmisters

It's FRIYAY, PEEEEHHHHPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHL (:

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

This is my go-to phrase when walking downstairs to kitchen on Friday mornings Smile

Quickly checking in to say that I have a call at 4pm with my new boss! German guy who is living in Denmark and seems superrational and down to earth. Let's see, current work handover and new duties will be discussed; hopefully I can come and post here in the evening, being even happier than now Smile

Went to floorball practice yesterday with my old team (it's supposedly still fine w the coach, as long as nothing tactical is discussed). I don't want to sound like an old woman, but - wow - our young superstars-to-become have become SO arrogant, like, wow. Such toxic phrases here and there. Good riddance. I had fun, tho, and could refresh some stickwork before Sunday's game and have tons of laughter with my closest bud in that team while doing the 20min warmup. I think the entire town heard us Smile She was even more stunned/annoyed re: young players' attitude than me.

Had a good laugh when 5mins after training had already started, one of the guys from men's team, who were stretching outside the rink, suddenly, with most wtf voice and confused face expression I have heard/seen, asked ''..Wait!?? Aren't you playing for LÄ«gatne!?!?? [new team]''. Like, wtf are you doing here!? Big grin Haha, his expression was hilarious. People are still getting used to this transfer, I see. Truth to be told, I was surprised he knew.

In other news, there's new restrictions coming our way, mostly affecting unvaccinated people (not allowed in indoors events, mandatory vaccination for public sector, only allowed in first necessity (food etc.) stores). There's also going to be indoors capacity restrictions, so no more full, for example, pubs, even if everyone's vaccinated.

Today's plan: work, 90min run, cooking dinner, watching football <3

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Since I ended up running 18 yesterday instead of 14, ha, I'm going to take an RD today. Went to PT before work and I have Pilates after work.

Elina, good luck with floorboard and your boss' call.

Damaris

Kilmisters

Good: The call went well, lots of clarity was gained re: future. I was already asked if I'll agree to be a project lead (from our department's side) for data/report transfer from Poland to Scandinavia. Exciting and challenging! One of those moments when you say ''yes'', then think to yourself ''well, this is going to be tough, but I'll figure it out later'', haha.

Bad: Looks like unvaccinated people won't be allowed to take part in sports events indoors (negative test won't be sufficient). In general it's good, but it looks like our Sunday's game might get cancelled as our only goalie and 2 more players are not vaccinated, which leaves us unable to gather the minimal needed roster. LE. SIGH. My previous team is fully vaccinated and should face no issues. Is this some sign? Karma?

Edit: Sunday's game is happening as restrictions start from Monday, but it doesn't solve this issue in longer run. I cut my run 30mins short, expecting the game to be off and doing the 90min run on Sunday, haha. Will do it tomorrow, then - I feel really fresh and non-fatigued to be in shape for the Sunday morning's game regardless.

Anonymous Guest

DH has decided he will drive me to the airport tomorrow! It’s a little over an hour drive so I didn’t think he’d want to, but I think he wants to have my car available while I’m gone. Now I won’t have to worry about finding parking and stuff while it’s still dark out.

Just over 3 miles today.

oh, DH And I both got our bloodwork back from the Monday doc appts and both our hematocrit (sp?) numbers are much higher than in the past. Altitude makes it look like we’re doping!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel