Womens Running

What the Weekend! (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

WTG Ginny!!

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

G'morning! I was able to do 1.5 hours on the trainer yesterday. I didn't do much the rest of the day though! DH decided he was going to actually do one of the many chores he's listed that need to be done before we sell, so he painted the stairs and walls to the basement last night. Since we keep the bikes down there, he'd dinged up the walls especially pretty good with bike wheels. It looks much better now, but when he was doing it he kept suggesting things I could do either to help him or to the house. I am well aware of what needs to be done, and I've been doing things every weekend while he's been doing nothing for the last month or so. I just wanted to rest for a change. Sometimes  he drives me a little nuts.

Anyway, I've got some basement cleanup on my agenda today along with probably 12 miles this afternoon once it warms up some. Snow coming in overnight and tomorrow, and I hope it doesn't make it difficult to get to the airport tomorrow. I've got a quick trip to Florida tomorrow through Wednesday.

Ginny, great job on the TM! I have trouble running more than 3-4 on that thing.

Cindy, it sounds like your DH is pretty connected and good at the networking thing - I'm guessing he'll find something pretty quickly.

Carol, how was the race this morning? That's some good swag.

Lisa, trying to picture running in snowshoes. Sounds awkward.

Gatsby, hope the visit with dad was nice. I could go for some 70s right now.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  My 5.10 with hubby went OK (couldn't breathe well).  Did Body Beast Chest & Tris and that hurt, LOL.  12 miles this morning in nice weather.  Beast Legs tonight.  Ouch.

Ginny, nice run.

Cindy, nice job on the run!

Carol, morning!

Tessa, nice hilly miles!

Lisa, are you following the running part too?  I only do the MAF heart rate, not the diet.  I improved a lot with that alone.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, nice job on the trainer yesterday.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

How in the world does one get a pair of shorts zipped into the zipper on a suitcase?  Not on,y did dH do this but had the fabric tripled. Ruined the shorts. In got part of it out went to get a needle to help to come back with dh making it worse since the zipper gave so he pulled it doewm and more tangled. Had to cut the shorts out. Luckily just target ones so not expensive. Got more out but the zipper teeth eventually gave too. So, I could not get it out after 20 min. He can still use the suitcase as he just has to zipper from the other end. He leaves shortly to go to internal affairs class for the week

Cindy the downstairs will be the culprit. Eccentric control of the quads put a lot of pressure there just like running downhill too fast. Hip work especially the adductors on inner thigh will help. Also stretch the calf. A lot. If the ankle is even a bit tight the knee and hip work more. Check both ankles as most times it is the opposite ankle that is tight from the knee that hurts.

Waiting  for dh to leave so I can run. Pups are not happy. Especially Quincy. If I left to run Quincy would be upset.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dh finally got on the road. 7.5 for me. Slowed the pace to more long distance pace. Minute slower per mile from yesterday. I've got a way to go to get my paces back under control and where I want them. But I know it will take some time. I can feel my lungs working on it as they lay down new systems to meet the demand levels. I'm keeping far from overdoing or getting winded. Feels good to run just a tad harder than I have been.

Karen sounds like your dh is getting into the do everything now mode versus spreading it out.

Ginny TM are just tough. Shoes you are tough yourself to complete 8 miles on one

Tessa ahhhhhhh hills. You know I really love them. But, today I stayed here and didn't go down to run the bridge

Marjorie

Ended up at gym instead. First hour on TM:jog a mile, walk 2 miles at 13% incline, jog to fill the hour.  Handful of nuts, more water and jog another hour. Heart rate in zone but not on that hill.  7.3 miles altogether.

Lisa

Feeling vaguely under the weather today.  No energy, a little congested, some coughing.  Planning on 10 miles with RC friends this afternoon -- it will be a leisurely pace along a bike path so shouldn't be too tough.

Ginny, no way could I do 8 miles on a TM.  Well done.

Karen, awesome when hubbies try to be helpful, isn't it.  I mean, how would you know what to do with yourself without his suggestions? 

Damaris, those are some tough workouts!

Marjorie, bummer about the shorts getting stuck in the zipper.  Hopefully they weren't your favorite pair.

Lisa, good TM workout.  Especially the hill training.

Hi to Tessa, Cindy, Carol, LC and anyone else I might have missed.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Back from 12 miles. It was almost 50 degrees out, so quite nice. My legs could definitely feel the trainer ride yesterday during the run today.

Marjorie, I start officially training for Toledo next week, so I will be right there with you doing some speedier stuff. I've been doing nearly all easy runs for a couple months now - good for letting the foot get better, but I kinda miss that feeling after a tough speed workout.

Lisa, nice hill work.

Gatsby, hope the under the weather feeling is nothing. And yes, you seem to understand just how "helpful" works. I'm kind of glad I'm moving down first so I won't be around when he tackles the rest of the chores needed around the house.

Went through all the dresser drawers and ended up with another bag of clothes for charity this morning. Then some cleaning and grocery shopping (the day before snow coming - yikes). Now trying to finish up some laundry and get a few more things done, but the dog has fallen asleep on my feet, which makes it awfully hard to get up.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby they weren't my shorts. I'm not going anywhere.  If they'd been my shorts I'd have been pretty livid.  He has a class this week and isn't the best packer. At least he is taking work out cloths, so there is that. All be it one less pair. I still have no idea how he did it!

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, see if this route works: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/620694042

There was a bit of detouring in there not mapped so I made it 17 all told.

Excellent advice for Cindy's DH and anyone in that position.

Marjorie, not sure how he managed to get his shorts zipped into the suitcase either. Oh well. Poor Quincy worrying about being abandoned! And yay on the increased pace. Do you ever do intervals? Run fast for 1 or 2 lamp posts or driveways or fence posts, jog the next 2, repeat?

Ginny, good work!

Just did the FAFSA for both kids. I have not yet done my taxes but used last year's info and updated it to show that there is only one parent now. I hope both of them are eligible for more this year; the work study really helped.

7 this morning before WW.

Tessa-those certainly count as hills!

Lisa