Womens Running

Thrilling TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Kilmisters

Lizzie, 3rd complaint and he's still there? Ugh. Let us know how the call went.

8mi, had planned 6, but the snow <3 Was snowing for two thirds of the run, then turned into a rain, so I bet the traffic will be ''awesome'' tomorrow morning. But the town was veery beautiful anyway. Didn't want the run to end but didn't want to push it given the circumstances. You know how you can start the pc in safe mode; it's sort of working, but only the main features are there and it's a bit laggy w screwed up screen resolution? Yeah, that's how I feel right now.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Went outside...conditions a lot like what Sat is supposed to be, not too bad but who knows what it'll be like after 10 hours on the course...

Elina, I love your analogies.  Perfect description.

Karen I have to order online for the most part so I look for discounts.  These were still $140 and they'd either better work out or they are gone.  I'm not paying that much for loafing around shoes.  lol.

Sandy, eww snow and ice.  Not my idea of a good time.  The weather app on my phone had us with "light snow" but it was sunny out so it had lost it's mind.

Arimathea

Tessa

Elina, that's a great description of some runs!

Sandy, if they are dealing with "weather issues", couldn't they work from home?

Regarding WW, the "no points" foods do indeed have calories, however they're not the kind of food that people would binge on. Few people would eat several pounds of lentils at a sitting, for instance (and if they do then there will be a lot of "sitting with an h" going on later...) They are pushing the high volume, low calorie, nutritious foods, heavy on protein but I think they realized how many vegetarians and vegans they were losing because the only vegan protein that wasn't point heavy was tofu and vegetarians had one additional option, egg whites. Now we have beans, lentils, peas, and nonfat plain Greek yogurt as other vegetarian/vegan options. They still push the chicken breasts and plain fish, though.

Liz, that contractor -- not sure what is going on but they need to do something about him. Document every interaction or attempted interaction (on his part) in the office.

Diane, hope it is good weather on Saturday!

More fires, now there is one in Santa Clarita, to the west of us but the freeways are closing. I think I'm getting out of here as soon as I can.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KATS, may you have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many, many more. 

About the crock pot, it is easier sometimes to buy a new one. They have gone down a lot in price from when they started. I keep getting them from Target because I use my 6 quart ones a lot and wear them out.

My best to any sick animals. I'm glad you are a vet. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  Been in court all day so I'm behind!  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Hershey was whiny this morning but walked into the kitchen with Bugsy, WTF.  I just hope he adjusts soon because the whiniest baby in the house is not eating as much as normal and I worry about him.  Such a baby.  Bugsy still does not GAF; walked inside the kitchen with him like what?  Feed me!

I have been having issues sleeping.  I wonder if it's the full moon?

Lizzie, nice run!  Hoping you find a better job soon.  Make sure to tell them he is still doing it. Unacceptable.

Susan, oh, no!  Chocolate is so toxic when I read your post in FB I was scared!  Glad she is doing better!

Judy, enjoy the library trip and the books you select.

Laura, hoping you feel less tired now.

Diane, like a real rower?  Nice! Yes, chocolate is toxic for both cats and dogs, but I think dogs fair better with it.

Kat, 3 HOURS?  OMG, I would pass out!  Happy Birthday!!!

Cathy, nice job on the run.

Karen, ooh, a cold front!

Elina, congratulations and good luck with the CEO's receipt of it.

Tessa, you guys can't catch a break over there with the fires.  Take care.

Sandy, nice 3.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris, it's a rowing machine like you see in the gyms at some places.  Should be some non impact cross training.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

The call was just my story..yet again. We will see what happens. He just came in my office AGAIN. UGH.

Sandy – OH YEAH I forgot MN! No, seriously! I am sure that climate would work well for my polar bear skin. LOL. You are a good one that can work from home. Meaning, you still work. LOL. I would love WFH once a week like you do! I guess working from home takes discipline. And we are runners so we have that down Smile Muscle Mix sounds fun! Love a good weight class. That is usually body pump for me. Lately though it hasn’t been fun. I need to switch it up. Spin class!! I used to spin all the time! When is the last time you did it? That stupid seat gets me when I haven’t been in a while. I do some mean gingerbread cookies. Ones that are super soft – I dip them in white chocolate and put some festive sprinkles on them. I will do a white chocolate cranberry cookie, and then some more peanut butter balls! MMMM. I have a hard time counting calories too…YUM that soups sounds so good!

Kilmisters – SNOW?! You are getting snow too!? Lucky. Nice job on the run! You need a good nights sleep!

Diane – You are going to do great this weekend! Is DH coming??

Tessa – Oh, I have been documenting! Be safe!!! Drive safe!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hi Docket!! Good luck tonight and hope your day slows down. I can picture Bugsy being like, WTF. LOL

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Kat - Happy Birthday!!!  Enjoy your wine, and whatever is your choice to do!!!

Sorry, no time for personals Sad.  Just a quite wave!

this semi-retirement thing keeps me very busy LOL....

Had a run with RB this morning...holy windy!   Looks like winter is coming.

Hi hi to All!

Carol

“”

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Carol.

LOL Lizzie, he's smart and isn't going out on a trail run of 50k...5k maybe.  No, he's going into work to get some projects finished.  I really don't mind doing them alone, that way I only worry about me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, it's a rowing machine like you see in the gyms at some places.  Should be some non impact cross training.

That’s what I meant! I love rowing at OTF. Theirs have water inside.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

I looked at those but they were a bit spend for a beginner.

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 on the treadmill and some lower body strength training. Felt good to move around. I was at a budget meeting and they had the most uncomfortable chairs. 3 hours, no break.

KatS, happy birthday!

DHuffman, happy belated birthday. The rower sounds like a good workout.

Arimathea, I can eat a lot of split pea or lentil soup.

Lizzie, I have a spin bike at home and would much rather workout at home than a gym.

CrazySue, hope your dog is feeling better.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh.  Hershey is acting strange and he sits like in pain, so taking him to vet tomorrow.  Maybe it's a UTI or something that we have not noticed, like dental, etc. He has 10+ years but is a big baby so him not meowing and running is so strange.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Kupcakes, perhaps suggest that for the next meeting everyone stand? Or hold the meeting outside and walking?

I can eat quite a bit of lentil or split pea soup too, but it's a lot more nutrient dense than an equivalent weight of chocolate. Or nuts.

And this marks the second day that I have eaten only my daily points allowance and not dipped into my weekly points or the ones I earn for activity. Woo hoo!

Hi Carol!

Damaris, what do you mean, the OTF rowing machines have water inside?

Diane, do make sure to try out the rowing machine whilst singing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" loudly and energetically.

4 on the TM at lunch. And it took over 2 hours to get home. The freeway was packed.