Womens Running

Lobster TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I am pooped, so for right now just a post about me...  And a few Q's about Brazos.

So, interview was fine.  The practice manager (Jim) seems nice, at least from the 2 interactions I have had with him.  The medical director that I met today, not so much.  He talked about overnights and all weekends, surgery, rabbits/reptiles,etc...  (Uh, that aint what I was told or presented by Jim.)  Just not very personable.  Not thrilled about having to work with him ever.  One of the other drs seemed a little warmer.  Really I barely met anyone, just a quick tour.

Jim and I sat down again.  I immediately mentioned the disconnect between what he was saying vs what the med director was saying.  Jim told me not to worry, everything he and I talked about is OK and when can I start...  We talked salary again and some benefits.  I was very firm about what I will and won't do and expect that if hired, I won't be asked to do more than what is agreed on.  I  let him know I wouldn't take a job without working a couple of days first, so I am there Mon 10/8 and 10/15 (paid.)  They will also work with my schedule for a while, as I have made commitments elsewhere.  I am assuming I will get an official offer and I assume I will take it.  My schedule will be Sun-Wed 2-10pm.  That is by my choice.  Either that or 7am-4??   A)  I am not a morning person and B) I HATE running after work  So afternoon shift it.  No idea of starting date.  Maybe a modified November??  They are OK with my Feb trip.

So, there you have it.  I think I will be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire, but I will survive.  I hope.

Brazos....

My friend (Isadora) is almost definitely coming.  YAY for me!!  She is super nice, everyone will like her.  She will be the youngster of the group, early 40's.   She isn't 100%, but sounds about 90% sure.

Karen, I have the race discount code from FB, thanks.  I will let you know when she signs up.  I gave her an approximate for the AirBnB with it now split by 7 instead of 6.

Tessa, when on Thursday is your flight getting into Houston???  Are you flying SW????  IF you were to switch to Friday, what is the earliest you can get in???  Just thinking logistics of you coming from CA and getting in late from a cross country flight.  I think Ginny/Lisa can get here fairly early because they aren't across the country.

Diane is getting in to Houston (Hobby) at noon Friday and is leaving Monday at 2:45.  I have agreed to be her chauffeur.  Smile

My GF is probably going to come into SA on Thursday night - Tessa, you are more than welcome to fly into SA Thursday night too...  Just putting it out there.  I believe my friend is going to get in at 7:30pm and we will hit the River Walk from the airport.

Ginny, my friend is also doing the half, so you two will have company while all us other fools are still out there on the course.  She does want to do some birding in the park though after.

Brazos Ladies, I am a planner, so yes, I am trying to figure it out already.  My apologies if I seem like a nut job.  

Off to nap.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. It's humid yet again, doesn't feel like fall at all.

CrazySue, that is such an awful thing for your boss to do. About the only way it could be remotely ok is if you were given info on what would happen next.

KatS, hope the practice manager has more pull than the med director. At least it sounds like they are working with you. No way could I do 7-4.