Womens Running

She's Baaaaaaaaack! Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Vacation trips are done. Back in the swing of things.

Post! Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

The best to all of you. I am trying to catch up. Wink

Virginia123, I cannot retire because the soc. sec. will be taken away. (The Ohio Offset)  Retirement will not even cover the rent.Roll eyes

Friday was 55 minutes of cardio DVD. Still dealing with the car but things are looking up.

Saturday I did 70 minutes of cardio DVD.

Sunday Buddy and I did 35 minutes running plus that much walking as well.

Monday was a vacation day with walking.

Tuesday I did 35 minutes running on the TM at home.

Today I am back on the routine track and cardio stuff. Vacations are done.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning..

Quick post, up to get out the door for a run.

Judy - Welcome back!  If you retire your social security will be taken away - that just isn't fair!!!

Tessa - Wishing you good luck, and lots of patience dealing with DH issues....

Karen - I have looked at the FIRST plan....I am aiming more for 4 days of running with my biking and swimming....but Tri season (for me) is over in a couple of weeks,..but I really like the training so will probably continue somewhat.  Are you still moving to Texas...haven't heard you mention it lately.

Will check back later.

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Last night's intervals were tough when the weather was so bad.  Heat index almost triple digits and dewpoint the highest we have seen (and that is saying a lot, ha!).  5 easy miles tonight.

judy, sorry your vacation is done.  nice workouts!

Carol, enjoy your run.

I'll be back later after my allergy shot.

Damaris

ginnyb

Judyruns...yes they will take some of my social security too.  I don't get that,, do you?  I mean social security was taken out of my check for almost 20 years before I started working in the library, so why isn't that money mine?  I didn't even live in Ohio!  So where does that money that I paid into social security all those years go?  Makes me upset because it doesn't seem fair.  I know, I know....whoever said life is fair!

Damaris...tough conditions to run, but you did it!

Carol...when is your next tri again?  I know you have told us.

Was going to do WT this morning, but let it slide...I have been doing that more lately, have to stop!

Tessa....wish we lived closer so we could help you out more.  Take care of yourself too!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Howdy!  Light attendance at group power.  Instructor was late, so class runs late, so I am late.....oh well.

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1 for me.

Ginny unfortunately the money we pay in doesn't go in an account just for us. Wish it did. They know how much we paid in but stupid law changes over the years and they monkey around with it. Sad that many paying now won't see any of what they've paid in ever.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

9 miles done with 4 between half marathon and 10 mile/15K-ish pace. This is actually tomorrow's workout, I decided to completely skip Tuesday's 11, run Wednesday's 5 yesterday and Thursday's tempo today. Tuesday's 11 will make an appearance along with the scheduled 17 mile long run on Saturday, during my 6 hour race. Hoping to get at least 8 laps in for that (each lap is about 4.1 miles). Cooler temps, a little lower humidity and clouds made today's run possible. Tomorrow and Friday are supposed to be awesome here, which of course is when I'm taking it easy leading up to Saturday's race.

Welcome back Judy!

Yes, social security sucks. I was told at my very first job out of college (so 1989) that I'd be paying into it all these years, but I'd probably never get anything out of it. Sadly, the closer I get, the more realistic that seems, and the more it sucks. I've always tried to look at it as just another tax and plan on living off of 401Ks for retirement. Which is totally not how it was meant to work.....

Hi to all. DH is working from home so limited computer time here. He's "in a meeting with the dog" upstairs right now. Also known as napping. No wonder he prefers working at home! He actually does get a good amount done as far as I can tell, but he also leaves early to ride his bike and takes some pretty good breaks, which I don't think he can do at the office.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, good to see you back! Trying to figure out why your social security would be decreased -- is it because you are employed by a public entity (library) and so have a public service pension?

Carol, Ginny, thanks.

Damaris, doing intervals in triple digit heat index? You are tough.

Susan, in my opinion if the instructor is late and class starts late, too bad, it should still finish on time.

Marjorie, you're correct, SS isn't invested and kept for the person paying it in. However, one thing a lot of people do overlook is that SS doesn't just pay for retirees, it's also for survivors and disabled. My MIL was widowed in 1942 when DH's father died of TB at 24, leaving her, 21 years old, with a 3 year old and a baby on the way. Because Social Security started in 1937 (I think) and DH's father had paid into it, MIL got a check for the boys each month until DH's younger brother turned 18. It wasn't that much but that regular payment was a blessing for her. And we've been getting SS for the kids because DH retired when they were still minors.

Kudos on the 11.1! Did you plan it that way or did it just happen?

Karen, I think it wise to cut back this week, given Saturday's race. So 4.1 mile loops? And you want to do 8 of them at least?  This is a 12 hour race?

5.4 this morning, I got some sleep at least.

Home on a family sick day. Trying to work from home. DH is sleeping. I think that's going to be about all he's going to do for a while. At least he can tell when he needs to pee and use the bottle, even if someone else has to empty it.

And the home health nurse came yesterday (I was teaching class) and went through all his meds. I had already guessed this, but she confirmed that two of them are for dementia.

So what we have is a 73 year old man with dementia, advanced diabetes, kidney failure, congestive heart failure, very high blood pressure, depression, and skin cancer. I really don't know how much more we can take.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa so sorry on dh. Wow.

Today I set out for 10.7 to 11.4. Ended up with 11.1. Just worked out the routes I took. I could have done a long cul de sac to get the 11.4 but  I was thirsty and by the house so stopped.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Tessa - I  am sending thoughts and prayers daily, for all of you.  You are very strong, but oh my.....

Did 8, weather was perfect!

Carol

runlikeagirl18

Tessa - my thoughts are with you daily. I am so sorry you have so much to deal with. I know it sounds like a cliche, but I really am thinking of you.

Got out for 4.6 miles this morning. The mini-break does not seem to have done much for my slump. But I will continue to count my blessings that I can run, and get out there.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2