Womens Running

Windy Tuesday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Oh and I do have a plan....just need to finalize which one to use and since my 50 miler will be Nov or Dec of 2018 I have a whole year to train.  My one plan has me starting near the end of Jan for an Apr 50k.  My biggest problem with it is the Wed 10 milers.  I may have to do part in the am and part after work cause I can't get 10 miles in after work and still go to bed at a decent time....lol.  I do so love going to bed at a decent time.

Seloc

Diane - you make good points but it still all sounds harrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy...lol...perspective as I think what you do is haaaaaaarrrrdddddd!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, if you are flying Friday to Monday, we can carpool from Boston.  If you and Margaret get in later, I will hang out and do something.  I can drive, or Margaret if she wants.  I know Margaret wants to go visit a friend Saturday, so she might want to have the car in her name.  I have little problem driving in crazy cities.  I might white knuckle it and swear for a few minutes/miles, but nothing too scary.  I hope...  Do you get the idea we are all trying to convince you!!!!!  Smile

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Karen, FWIW I've heard good feedback on Higdon plan from first time HM-ers. Christmas lights? Oh no... People here have them here already. EVERYWHERE. Not a fan. We have Independence Day this Saturday, why not wait after that and then start the obsession w lights? It's only midNovember. Microsoft Access, yeah, it's a nightmare. For people that are good at Java and scripting in general maybe not so much, but I, for instance, want to pray to Access Gods for mercy every time it has to be used.

Lizzie, getting up at 2am for a run? Ha... It's more likely I'd still be awake and just say - "Run? Ah, what the hell, why not'' Big grin

Sandy, ''run when I want and rest when I don't'' sounds good Smile Most people think we, runners, always do so. Meaning, we always want to go for that run... While

The practice was fun. Like the warm-up 2.2mi run better than the whole floorball part Big grin It was only two of us out there (traffic jams), but it was a nice, steady winter-ish run w lots of chatting. Having said that, I think the introvert me couldn't stand a longer run than those 2.2mi w someone constantly talking about movies and/or planned races.

Found a random error in the daily report. At midnight. Just because I started to wonder about a small table and how it works and ''dug into'' the long formula. Have said it before and will say it again - taking over reports w/o fully (and I mean fulllly) knowing what happens where is a pain in the butt. Especially this particular one, which is more like a database than report and is sourcing data from several cubes at some parts and just using vlookup at others. Ugh. End of Excel rant.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Turtles, the intermediate & advanced half plans each had 5 x 1 mile at 5k pace + 3 x 200! The pace suggested for the 1 mile intervals for me was faster than any 5k I've done recently (including the one I used to set the plan up). I tried the workout once, came no where near the pace for the miles and my hamstrings reminded me of the workout for 4 days after. I don't have his book, I did pay for the run club, will probably stop once my half is done. I think I've done best on Hudson's plans and I feel comfortable enough to modify them. I can't really justify paying for plans I am then going to change.

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, the van/drive from Detroit to Portland sounds intriguing. I don't mind driving so if you are taking a van I think I am in, I can share driving if you like. When would you be leaving and returning -- in other words when would we be looking to book flights? Arrive in Detroit on Wednesday 5/23, start driving east on Thursday 5/24 (happy birthday to me...), race on Saturday, sightsee on Sunday, drive back Monday, fly out Tuesday?

831 miles each way and bring passport? Looking at Google Maps there will be some Canada mileage involved. Have Costco card, will buy cheap gas.

Diane, do it! I just searched Southwest for Tulsa-Detroit round trip, leaving on Wednesday 5/23 or Thursday 5/24 (early morning), back on Tuesday 5/29, and there are flights for as little as $150 each way. Are you afraid of being a passenger in heavy traffic, or are you OK with being driven? I can drive in just about anything (I live in Los Angeles, remember) and I think Lisa and I can handle that. As long as the van is not a stick shift. I am still muttering a little about having had to walk a long way to my car after Labor of Love because SOMEONE was afraid to move my car due to the manual transmission.

And for everyone considering Fargo, getting to it isn't bad. Fly to the Twin Cities and drive across Minnesota. I don't think I can manage Fargo, especially since I've already done it and Pinelands is the same month.

Meeting at lunch so no run.

And *sniff* my Fitbit is gone. I put it down on the bench at the gym a week ago and didn't realize I didn't have it clipped to my bra when I left, and nobody turned it in so I'm guessing it either got stolen or swept up with the trash. They just discontinued the One so I can't replace it. I do not like the Zip and I already wear a wristwatch. I am sad.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Tessa, if you're talking about Pinelands, the race is Sunday for the 25K/50K/50 miler.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

So far the cheapest option is the Tulsa to Detroit and then drive with Lisa and Tessa.  I have no problems with being a passenger and none driving rural, not big city as long as my iPhone gives me directions.  I checked Tulsa to Boston Fri-Mon and it's still in the $500 range.  Problem is it's a holiday weekend so flights may remain pricey.  If I can get the cost down to about $600 for the entire trip (race, lodging, flight and then gas for the drivers) I will feel okay with spending that much money for "fun for just me".

Plus I'm having some issues with Apr/May 50k's.  The one I want to do in Apr is the 28th, the one in May (not Pinelands) is May 5.  Even I'm not crazy enough to do 50k's back to back weekends.  Not yet anyway.  Pinelands would be perfect in May as it's at least 30 days between.  I'm still considering the Mowdy Ranch Trail Marathon in June too.

HuronHeart

35 minute interval workout on TM this morning.  Lots going on this week, will be squeezing in quick TM workouts when I can.  Better than nothing.  Probably safer to run inside with hunting season starting in the morning.

All this talk of 50k’s and 50 milers makes me shake my head in wonder. You all are amazing with running multiple marathons and running long trail runs.  Just amazing! 😃

On a personal note, my work replacement was selected today and a contract being negotiated.  Yay!  And it’s a woman!   Few women applied and only 1 woman made it to the final 5.  I am pleased to have a strong woman be my replacement.

HuronHeart

Anonymous Guest

HuronHeart, that is great news about your replacement. Will you have enough time to get her trained by the end of the year, or will you stay on a bit longer?

Cautious hope here. DH is second-guessing this plan to drive to FL. Even though we talked about how far it was and that we'd want to stop on the way, he forgot about it and was thinking it wasn't as fas as it is. And is not so excited about it. So I suggested maybe a non-holiday weekend sometime in the next few months we put the dog in the kennel (which he loves, it's just extended daycare) and fly there for a few days. He seemed to think that was a good idea. I'm still assuming we're going and planning on picking up the minivan after the group run on Saturday, but it would be so nice to just not do it. (Yes, whoever asked the other day, minivan for plenty of room. For dogs and bicycle.)

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Kathy, glad they are choosing the best person for your replacement and she's a woman!

Thanks for the correction on Pinelands -- so not sure what day Lisa would want to leave Detroit, Thursday or Friday.

Karen, hope you do wind up being excused the drive to FL this weekend.