Womens Running

Wild about Weekends! (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

Great day at the beach, ran 10k (very tough, another random heat wave has struck our region), then played some soccer w MiniK (she loves it), went for a short swim and had couple of beers while DH was walking w minis who seemed to have endless energy today. I am FULLY charged for next week Smile We left the house at around 10am and returned at 6pm. Day well spent! It was nice to see lots of runners at the beach. I really, really hope next week @ work won't bring any bad surprises, I'd love to keep this mood till Saturday's trail race!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I ran 10k Saturday and was so hot when I returned that my feet left puddles at my chair despite removing my shoes and socks. So gross. Because today was supposed to be hotter,  more humid and have a heat advisory I opted to run on the tm. 8 miles. Everything obviously is getting manually input into my RA log and Strava.

Sorry I've not read much of the weekend's thread yet so I hope everyone is doing ok

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lisa, that’s quite a chip on the ex’s shoulder for her to be toting it around for 11 years. And it’s almost comical that she’s so offended by A getting on with his life - 11 years later -  that she won’t even turn off of the main road to drop off her son.  What can you do.... 

Kat, yes, if I can’t get a rhino buckle, a wino buckle might be in order.  I did shave my legs, but I think I need to take a second pass since, ahem, it has been a while.    Sorry you have to deal with the crummy people out there who don’t treat their pets well.  Good luck with the tattoo today.

Lizzie, sounds like a great day with your dad!  Mine is 85 and thinks he’s going to live forever. I hope so.  Or at least a few more years. His parents died fairly young, but my dad’s taking much better care of his health than they did.

Damaris, enjoy the run later.

Judy, sounds like a nice day with Sunday Buddy.

Kilmisters, nice that you could end up at the beach after a tough, hot run. Hopefully you DH gave you a ride home.  

Lori, sorry about the crappy weather.

I did 6 miles this morning with uphill strides and a leg workout.  Then I hit the grocery store, chatted with a friend, and started the laundry. Just finished the last of the coffee, off to clean.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles this morning. Ugh, it was hot.

GatsbyBird, great news that DH is coming home soon.

KatS, glad you're feeling better. That poor dog.

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Hope all is going good with the visit from A’s sons.  You are a running machine!  Did the blood donation affect your running?  

Kat - I read back a couple of days...sounds like you are doing better.  Hugs to you! I usually consider myself pretty strong,  but all the craziness in the world has me working hard to keep my head straight. 

Karen - I am loving your vacation pics!

Lizzie - So glad you have your HCDH for strength when you need it!

Kilmisters - Woohoo for 8/1 for you ... nice to have things to look forward to!

Judy - Nice job on the trails with RB!

Margaret - Love that you wore red and green for a Virtual Christmas run!

Damarias - you are still keeping me chuckling in FB with your meme’s!

Sandy - Loved the Lily picture on FB!

Laura - What grade is your DS in this year?  Do you have any others in HS?  Ugh, so much conflict about school.  My DD’s are both opting to send to school, but the kiddos are grade school.  I’m over this hot humid weather!

HCK - I’m sorry but can remember what state you are from?  I knew East somewhere.  Ugh on the humidity!

Been MIA for a week, was “up north”, had a few nights alone which were heavenly!  Have been struggling with moody weirdness, wasn’t posting, but in reading everyone’s comments...I should have been posting!  I really would have felt better.  I am still running/walking/biking a lot - not following any plan, but just doing it for mental health.  Some family drama over some “sensitive current events” between DH and DD.  It was so hard for me.  But thank God, things are resolving.   Anyhow, enuff about me and my cranky, sad, self...trying to count the blessings in every day!

Carol

LC Runs

4.1 this morning.

We sold a bed frame and then drove out of town to buy DS a car.  It needs a transmission (got the car for $600) but BF can put that in, which will add about $1,000, not bad!

Kat - DS turned 16 on July 15th.  Due to covid, part 2 of drivers training was delayed (took it in late June) and his road test is scheduled for August 17th.  So, I am hopeful he will pass and then will have his license.   It wouldn't surprise me if, we get all of that accomplished and then he ends up doing on line school, LOL

LIsa - kind of weird about A's ex though I guess if she wanted to minimize drama it's good she chose to just drop him off. Though, after being divorced 11 years and having kids that are well established adults, seems like there really wouldn't be drama ha ha

Lizzie - I LOVE the workouts.  Yesterday was a HIIT 30 minute lower body, yowza!  I am sore but not to the point like I was last week.  So maybe I'm in better shape now?!!  Ha ha!!

Margaret  - great run yesterday!  Is DH coming home Tuesday????????? If so, yeah!!

Damaris - Oh yes, I would bet both upbringing/culture and location would play into it, not to mention job schedule.   Have a good 14!

Judy - nice Sunday Buddy run!!

LC Runs

Elina - sounds like a GREAT day!!

Lori - this humidity is crazy! I picked up my shoes later this morning to move them and they were soaking wet!!

Half - great 4!!

Carol - youngest will be a Junior in HS.  I know he wants to see his friends but it will definitely be a different experience wearing mask all day, etc.  Ugh.  My older DS is going to be living in an apartment (he's transferred to Western, in Kalamazoo) so I don't know if he'll mostly be doing live on line classes. So crazy! Glad you enjoyed your up North time, and glad to hear the family drama is resolving!