Womens Running

Wends-day Dailies (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

All this bachelorette stuff..I feel so loved! LOL. I honestly don’t care where we go. Like Karen said, it would be awesome if we were in the Caribbean or something..but its about being with all of YOU!!!  We will have a good time wherever we go. Kind of like we did in Fargo - I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants in a small town called Hawley. All about the people you are with Smile  If Glass City is easiest for everyone, then lets do it! Plus I have heard really good things about it!

Docket – I am so excited for tomorrow! I can’t wait to hear how it goes. Smile

Susan – Nice miles this morning. I am so sore from Power. I can hardly sit down.

Sandy – Oh, bummer about the storm!! Well, you got a few miles in Smile Hey, you have gotten out there before AFTER work Smile. OMG..I am so sorry about your friend!! Wow. I am really surprised she didn’t go in!! I would be mad at her, too. Awe, I hope she will be okay!  Sad Sad Oh, don’t you worry..I drop that booty plenty of times a week..ahem. LOL. TMI. Wink

Diane – Ugh on the luncheon. At least there will be good food. YES, I heard that about Kate Spade. So awful. I love her bags. Awe, thanks to you AND Sue for the advice. I will get through it.

Margaret – Excuse me, where have you been!? Haha, JK. Wow, you are quite the traveler here lately. Lake Tahoe sounds delightful! Have fun! Well, as much fun as training for a 50 miler can be....Wink

Judy – JACKET WEATHER?! Color me green over here.

Kilmisters – Oh no on the customer data issue!! Man, that is quite the blow up! Maybe a beer while drafting an email? LOL.

Kathryn – YAY for running today! Frustrating about your question not being answered Sad If you can't make the bachelorette, then come to the wedding!!!

Karen – Wow, nice job on the miles today! I know it had to have been tough! Do you have any OTF plans this week? Or are you doing strength at home? The Louisianna Marathon is my birthday weekend! Haha. I will probably skip that one..thinking about VA Beach in March or Hilton Head in Feb.

Lisa – Love that idea! Thanks for offering to drive and sleeping arrangements! Smile

Out of here soon. Heading to Walmart...fun times right there. Then to Target. Have a good evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

I'm redoing the Prairie Spirit 50k March 30 2019...the one I DNF'd due to my back.

Glass City only has a 4 hour limit for the HM and the last one I did was last May at 3:25 but I was still doing more running than I am now.

Funny thing the only weddings I've ever been to are my own.  No funerals either.

Anonymous Guest

Louisiana Marathon---Baton Rouge is only 3.5 hours or so from me.  Karen--you know it is put on by the same guys who did the Mississippi Gulf Coast Marathon, right? Supposed to be a good race tho. It is a maybe for me.  Not sure about next year's work travel schedule yet.

I did know that - they gave me a free entry to Louisiana because of the short course screw up in Mississippi. I've heard good things about Louisiana, but with it being the same weekend as Houston I never sign up. But free.......already signed up for the quarter marathon on Saturday and the marathon on Sunday! Would love it if you went! About 4.5 hours from me, seems like a great place to meet up, hang out and do a little running.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Lisa, we could meet somewhere midEurope, haha. Between Kaite (Italy, am I right?) and Latvia.

Kat, the whole situation sounds very frustrating. Not a lot you can do, I guess, asking for 100th time is unlikely to be any different.

Karen, I don't understand how you can take breaks midrun. Not because of ''oh no, it doesn't count now!!!'', not at all; but at least for me it is SO tough to continue running after that small break. It's like all the muscles have got the signal that run is over and gone to hibernation mode Big grin

Lizzie, it's so amazing to feel your excitement, you know, the bachelorette thing. So, so cute! I'm so happy for you!!

10k w 6x100 today! Woo! It was very cool (even cold, I'd say), slight wind, not a lot of people in the streets.. Lovely. And those 100m repeats sent legs to ''sssssqqqueeeee, finally!!!'' mode. It's the very, VERY beginning of Karen's plan, but I am already excited.

Also, while K was teasingly sort of going to sleep, sort of not; I multitasked talking to her, shifting the blankets and creating an interesting chart w help of Excel and manual GarminConnect browsing. This chart has 1) weekly mileage (line) and longest run of the week (point) - comparing 2016; the year of my HM PB [red] versus this ongoing year/training plan [blue] - for comparable weeks. By comparable I mean same amount of weeks left till race (so that the 0 on horizontal axis is the race week).

I knew that in 2016 I started late w all the serious mileage and even then it was nothing special, but, wow, didn't expect the chart to look like this. Lots of factors fell into right places that year + I did quite tough speedwork + that was preK era, but this puts things in perspective and TOTALLY eliminated my ''but but there is not THAT much time left till this year's HM'' anxiety. Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

I've thought about charting 2017 versus 2018 so far but I was anything BUT consistent in 2017.  So far 2018 has been the most consistent since I started in 2015.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.7 miles with intervals--roughly 3k at marathon pace, 2k at HM pace and 1k at 5k pace with 2 minute recoveries. Now ready to go to sleep. I keep waking up at 4:30. This morning I then woke up again and we must have had a quick power outage--so I had to get up to come downstairs for my phone to see what time it was. Thankfully it was 5am, so didn't cause me to oversleep. Went to Walmart on my way to work, the Christmas commercial to It's Raining Men showing all the happy & helpful people at the pick up is a total lie. No people and the stupid service didn't open until 8. And they didn't have my stuff. Then had to make a doctor's appointment for a stupid insect bite that went from looking like a few mosquito  bites last week  to having a ring/large area around it. Basically, I need someone to give me drugs (antibiotics). No clue if it was or wasn't a tick and it would be too early to run blood tests, so I got a 2 week course of antibiotics--actually this is recommended, not like I demanded them.

Seloc, hope your friend is ok. That is a long time to put off getting checked out.

Lizzie, hope things settle down at work.

Kilmisters, Last spring I did some excel charts and sheets with HM times and mileage in the 3, 6 and 12 months prior.  Basically it went against the general idea of run more, you'll get faster.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am running Houston (well, trying to finish/start it for the third time?) so I can't do LA.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And I'm freaking out about the interview.  Not sure what they will ask.  I've never supervised people (formally) and never been a boss.  But I know I could give it a shot, so maybe I should just say that?

Damaris