Womens Running

Humid Tuesday (Read 13 times)

ccoakley

No humidity fog like yesterday but still disgusting

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

ccoakley

Got 3 mi in.  I'm trying a new approach of running fewer miles faster that I know is ill-advised but fits better into my schedule.  Plus as soon as I started my run I wanted to be done as quickly as possible.

HCK, I personally hate grape juice but there must be some fun drinks you could make with that.  What about popsicles?  Our district filled all the bus driver slots with pretty big incentives, I think technically there are about 100 teacher positions still open but they're being covered by long-term subs.

Library story time this morning, the target age range is 3-5 so hopefully we can some make some friends with other kids that are home during the day (and also looking for more socialization opportunities).  I swear it was easier picking guys up in a bar than making new mom friends.

Hope everyone has a great day!

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

CC, too funny about making new mom friends...  gave me an early morning chuckle.  Nice  3, at you're getting miles in!

SRD here, might take an URD tomorrow and tack the extra time/miles onto Thursday.  I am BEAT.  Plus Thursday is my day off and the extra time works better where I want to run.  It is a longer loop at the park, or else I have to do three of the same short loops.

Just less than 5 weeks left here at work.  Counting down the days...  And Monday off, Labor Day.

Happy Tuesday.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just under 6 with 2 sets of 4 strides. So gross, supposed to be humid tomorrow.

ccoakley, if you're not training for something, what fits your schedule makes a lot of sense. Impressive your area has enough bus drivers. Finishing my run, I went by 2 stranded middle schoolers and a mom. She was getting ready to drive them.

KatS, seems smart to bump up the run when you have the most time.

Anonymous Guest

Rest day here, I'll probably do some XT later. I was going to drive down to the trails this morning and get a few easy miles in before the rain started. Got in my car and about a mile down the road and realized I forgot my watch. I was deciding whether to turn around and get it or just use the Apple watch I was wearing when it started raining pretty hard. So I turned around, and instead made my grocery list and went and got my groceries.

I'm trying a new approach of running fewer miles faster that I know is ill-advised but fits better into my schedule.

Not necessarily. The ill-advised part is more running all your runs harder than you should. If you run lots of miles, most should be easy so you can hit the hard workouts. But if you aren't running a lot of miles, you want to get some quality in there for sure. The USA FIT (organization my baby runner group was part of) plan is pretty low mileage, but it works. Only three short (all less than an hour) runs during the week and the long run on Saturday. A lot of weeks those three runs are one easy, one hill or speed, and one tempo. The one thing that correlates with injury in runners is time on feet. The more you run, the higher chance of injury. And that's why the USA FIT plan is structured that way. It went against everything that I feel like works for me, but year after year I had runners using that plan and feeling prepared and finishing their races. So if that's what you've got time for in your schedule, and that's what you feel like doing, you'll be fine.

Kathryn, longer on Thursday sounds like a good idea. I was feeling pretty beat up this morning and planning on it being my rest day, then decided I should hit the trails before the rain in the forecast the next several days makes it a muddy mess. Oh well, missed that chance!

HCK, nice getting the run in despite the humidity. Seems like a lot of the country is getting a dose of late summer gross weather.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! We had some bad storms last night so I didn't fall asleep until 2am but at least I am WFH today. I have 8 with a bunch of different paces from easy, less easy to MP and HMP.

CC, nice job getting out there!

Kat, enjoy the rest day.

HCK, nice run.

Karen, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

LC Runs

4.4 miles for me plus a HIIT workout.

Moving DS on Saturday went just fine, there was really no issue getting into the dorm or getting stuff moved. DS seems to be doing pretty well, it probably helps that he knows his roommate. Classes start tomorrow so I'm hoping he starts getting out and about more.

It's definitely quiet around here, kind of weirdly quiet. We're going camping this weekend so looking forward to that!

Caitlin - humid here, too. Yesterday was super awful.  Nice 3!

Kat - enjoy the rest days!!

Kathi - nice run!

Karen - grocery shopping sounds better than running in that LOL!

Damaris - glad you are WFH today! Have a good 8!

Howdy!  Spin class this morning.

Bus drivers---serious problem here.  School has been open for about 3 weeks, and they've already fired the neighborhood driver for cursing at the kids and slamming on the brakes to throw them around.  I just saw there was a minor (hopefully) bus wreck about 2 miles from my house. Our area cannot keep decent drivers.  I get all the lowdown on the neighborhood facebook page.

Ugh. Performance eval in 20 minutes. My supervisor has been on a TEAR lately and nothing is good enough. I have hit the "I don't give a sh!t" point. I really don't care anymore.  Go ahead, fire me. Make my day. 

I did do something right this morning. For once.

Happy Tuesday!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Best workout of this cycle. It was:

2 @ MP + 2mm

2 @ MP + 1mm

2 @ MP

1 @ HMP

1 Easy

I could've kept going at the end of this. I asked for more. I've done up to 4 miles @ MP but the last few I've felt super dragging. This was the opposite.

We got tickets for Pitbull on Friday (last minute). We never saw him in Miami, so I'll be screaming and dancing then...

Laura, nice run! How are you doing with him far away?

Sue, ugh. I think it's everywhere. Especially now that there are other jobs that are less low pay and miserable. I mean, listening to kids screaming sounds miserable, ha.

Damaris

LC Runs

Sue - I hope the work review went okay.  I know you're a great employee, but your boss sounds like a tyrant! Omg, being a school bus driver, I cannot imagine doing that as a job  !

Damaris - nice workout, Girl!!  I'm doing okay with him gone, it hasn't really hit me yet, I keep thinking he's coming home for lunch or after work. He does text me throughout the day, at least for now LOL.  I asked for a first day of school picture 

Only Tuesday?  Hubs put out the trash this morning thinking it was Wednesday.  I'm with you, dear.

CC, hope story time went well.  I can imagine that it's tough finding moms and kids that you and your little guy both like, who are also looking for new friends.

Kat, I support more miles on Thursday.  Extra rest sounds wise.

HCK, sorry about the gross humidity.  Pumpkin spice weather is coming.

Damaris, nice workout!

Karen, bummer on the technology snafu, but it sounds like a blessing in disguise given the rain.

LC, glad all went smoothly dropping off the kiddo at school.  Camping this weekend sounds like a nice getaway.

Rest day yesterday, and 6 easy miles today after work.  Everything feels good, no issues after Sunday's run.  Just signed up for a trail HM on Sunday.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

We have an empty flower pot sitting on the ground out back. I just measured the water in there from the rain today - 7.5 inches! Backyard was a little flooded for awhile, especially during that hour we got 3 inches. DH texted some pictures to the contractor that built the house and he's sending someone out to fix where the fence boards are keeping the water from draining properly, and also following up with the contractor behind us, who still hasn't finished that house, and whose silty soil all came washing into our yard (those fence boards have no problem letting shit through, sigh). They said once they get a landscaper out to put down sod, they will have them fix the mess in our yard. So hopefully no more flooding. Anyway, all this rain is desperately needed and should go a long way to raising the lake level back closer to normal. Trails may be a bit sloppy for awhile though.

I did get a kettlebell workout in this afternoon. Probably going to feel that tomorrow.

Damaris, I knew you'd do well with that workout. And I thought you'd like it.

Laura, I can imagine it's going to be quieter than you're used to for awhile. Fun on camping this weekend, I just made a reservation for camping next week for us.

Susan, hope the eval went well. We all know your awesome, hopefully your boss gets her head out of her butt and acknowledges that.

Margaret, your running is super strong right now. Can't wait to see what you do with that 100 in November.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel