POST!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

So I posted my race report on yesterdays thread.  Today I am definitely rethinking some races and crazy dreams/goals.  I still love doing the races themselves, but the damn training to get there is really overwhelming.  I guess I just finished, so giving it some time...

My feet are recovering, the blisters are drying out and the pain on the balls of my feet is lessening.  My left thigh is weirdly slightly numb on just the surface.  My cankles are better today, they were horrendous after work yesterday.

It was also great to see Cathy on the course.

Sue, even a dead snake would absolutely freak me out.

Damaris, any upcoming races?

Margaret, we chatted about meeting up at Cascades, but not really about how it's going.  Are you feeling strong for it?  Knee doing well? I was a wee bit self-involved last weekend....

Karen, I'm glad you had a good time at the reunion, though I quite missed having you as well at the race.  I'd say my next one, but that isn't going to happen.  Nope.  Nada.

Judy, thanks for the kind words.

Kathi, it seems like half of the miles on your car are to the damn repair shop!!!  And on what was harder, the miles or lack of sleep...  Almost the sheer exhaustion was the hardest.  A friend said you will hurt, but at some point it doesn't hurt more.  He was right.  Mile 100 wasn't more painful than 70, but the exhaustion was.

Lori, thanks for being so supportive.  Smile

Lori asked for a photo, I can't remember if she and I are on FB, so here's one anyways.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 5 and weights later.

Kat, love the picture! I have a couple of 5Ks this summer, the last one I did was Saturday and I basically walked half of it since it was so hot and humid. Plan is to run the Monumental Half before I decide on whether to continue marathoning on route to 100 marathons or not. Menopause has felt better but only because my new med.

Damaris

KAT---You rocked it!!!  Congratulations on ou huge accomplishment!!!

Nothing today.  Had to take the car to the shop early this morning.

Smile

Anonymous Guest

I loved your race report, Kat! And I hear you on the training and not wanting to go through that again, at least not yet. I may never get there again. I was able to defer Hennepin, but may just sign up for the 50 next year. I just don't have motivation to go through 100 miler training again. You never know though - I said that after my 100 fail, and 5 months later signed up to try again.

I ran 10 this morning. It was ridiculously hard at the end, but mentally it was good to get a double digit run in. Tomorrow, no running. I'll either ride my bike or get my paddle board out, maybe both.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Yay buckle!

Kat, are you going to display it? Or wear it??  I'm feeling okay about my 100 and the knee is mostly fine.  More concerned about fires in southern Oregon, which are causing some angst for people doing Waldo 100k this weekend.  So far, it hasn't been canceled.  Hopefully nothing worse happens.

Hi to everyone.  Going to post and run...  over to the neighbors' house for dinner tonight.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR