Womens Running

October Already MONDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You must model the choices to us, of course.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

I second Damaris...I want to see.

ginnyb

Liz, Sandy, and Karen...you are going to have so much fun!!!

Yes Liz, we must see you modeling your dress choices!  I think we should all vote.

Everyone wanting to run all these ultras, make me wish sometimes I could and I suppose maybe I could, but I don't have the desire anymore...I will stick with the halfs and not even many of those anymore .  I have been such a slacker the past 2 weeks.  Finally got out this morning for 3 and felt pretty good, no problem with the ankle, so I have no idea what that was all about.  Tomorrow planning on working out with trainer.

Damaris...I hope you get coolish weather for Chicago.  It is supposed to be pretty warm here for this time of year, just your luck, but we aren't Chicago.

I love Fall and Halloween, even though I dislike the winter that will be following.  Since Halloween is my birthday it has always been a fun time.  My favorite movies are the Halloween series starting with Jamie Leigh Curtis.

I didn't read over the weekend, so sorry I don't have much.  I just don't post and read much when I am being a slug.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Lizzie, the dress is the most fun part!    Just be open to anything, I ended up with a strapless dress and I never ever would have thought I could wear one.     The consultants are good at picking out things that will work with your body shape, sometimes you have features that you see as a flaw.  

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Okay okay, I will post pics to the FB page once I start trying on. But, Sandy is right – I believe it is going to be a stressful experience. Just making a decision will be hard. You guys can help me! Smile

Dentist went well - no cavities. They said I am good at maintenance Smile

Susan – Nice on the group power this morning. OMG on the wedding dress! Talk about anxiety.

Kathryn – Hope your day isn’t too slow or too busy!  Smile A photobook??

Diane – Congrats on your highest mileage ever!!! That’s impressive especially since you were traveling. A Halloween anniversary? THE BEST!!!

Karen – Wow, those are some great times for that 50K. I like your Strava picture  Smile Where did you go for your honeymoon?! His parents originally offered a week which we would gladly have taken…but after talking they decided on the whole thing. Who are we to argue?

Sandy – Good luck at yoga this evening! Let us know how it goes. I have the same issue with yoga. It is not fast paced enough for me – but the slower pace would probably good for me, too! I get bored and my mind starts wandering and I miss the next move. Haha. I don’t stretch or foam roll enough either. I am horrible at it. I did foam roll this morning though  Smile That was only because I had to. Let me know how the yoga sculpt goes. My gym offers that. I have never even heard of the time comparison thing! I googled and found it. Very interesting. So, if the courses are similar, then the “hills” must not be too bad! To be honest, I only remember 2 “hills” on the Richmond course and they aren’t bad AT ALL. More like a gradual incline. I will feel better once you drive the course  Smile I thought Fargo had a large pace group! Hmm..maybe I set a time on my watch. I don’t know. UGH. This is probably going to come down to a game day decision.  Until then my mind will just go crazy with possibilities. SCORE on the new shoes! What kind?  Smile We can’t wait to be your GUESTS. Oh, the honeymoon – that is priority #1.  Smile We are leaving that Monday afterwords. We will fly to Seattle and stay the night before heading to Kauai the next day. We would have left Sunday, but we are going to have to fly out of DC.

Lori – Glad you had such a great vacation!!! Something epic, huh?! Tell us more.  Smile

Ginny – Nice job on the run this morning! You are not a slug, silly! Glad the ankle is feeling better! Weird!! YAY for Birthday month!!

Cathy – Nice running this weekend! YAY for best performance!!  Smile 30 degrees?! Oh yes, that is pants weather. Yesterday, HCF’s sister was telling us that you guys are in some cold front or something. She still has friends that live in Bayview and they were sending pictures of them in front of their fireplace wearing Uggs. Oooo this next part of your training sounds fun. More speedwork which is right up your alley  Smile Glad you had a great time at the game Saturday! Loved the picture that was posted of you and DH  Smile Between the Brewers and the Packers – there was a lot of excitement at HCF’s families house  Smile Crazy and scary about the hot air balloon! Good luck on the estimate for the siding! Does insurance cover the entire thing regardless of price? Yes, tough decision on the race. But look at Fargo, conditions were good but I BOMBED.  The time may have not looked it, but I sure as hell felt it. I am excited for the dress! I am open to try on anything..but I want to be super comfortable. I guess I can’t just wear white sweats?

Off to abs soon! Have a good afternoon everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Ugh..wrote out a post earlier, then it wouldn’t post, having internet issues at home 🙄. This will be short and sweet from my phone. Just wondering where Laura has been???  Did I miss something.

14 Saturday with RB.  I’m getting a little  annoyed (my other RB is out with a knee problem and I miss her) she always takes off too fast, then crashes and burns..trying to get my point across I told her that she was running her LR at her Half marathon race pace, she took it as a compliment . She won’t wear a Garmin, and she 2 of them. Then she wonders why she can’t hang at the end, or falls apart in a race...rant over

did body pump followed by spin class today!

carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, the dress is so cute! I love dresses like this, layers of light ruffles. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - love the dress!  I am a “closet” reality tv fan of “Say yes to the dress” Lol...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lizzie, the dress is so cute! I love dresses like this, layers of light ruffles. 

Yeah, if I have had a big wedding (you know, more in attendance than the bridge and groom), I would have gone Gone with the Wind kind of ruffles for my dress!

Damaris

Rest day for me today but will go to Vinyasa class so that isn't exactly rest since I end up dripping sweat. Then again those who know me know it doesn't take much....

the 19 really wasn't that rough I went harder than I should have which made the effort higher. In retrospect I looked at my pace. This was on the rocky, rooty half of Poto trail (NOT what we ran on for Woodstock) with much steeper ups/downs. On a short run there (up to 8 miles), I'm happy to be in the 13 min/mile range. I did 19 at a 14/min pace. That's why it felt hard. Duh. LOL

Not that big of a Halloween person here. I don't dislike it or anything but never got into the grown up side of it I guess. Maybe growing up where that time of the year was almost always cold and wet, sometimes cold and snowy didn't help. As a kid had to come up with costumes which I could wear over the top of my snowmobile suit... pretty much limits any cute options. And the idea of going dressed up with scanty outfits was just plain old crazy talk.

Damaris-the weather is consistent there, isn't it? Javelina 2019.

Liz-that is awesome about the Honeymoon!! The two in August are on consecutive days but this would be the weekend before that so hard from a travel logistics standpoint. Probably have to look at other races. Woot for race week! Always exciting! A-line dresses are SO flattering. DD's dress is satin but I think she is looking for something "fun" to go over it for the reception. I remember everyone voting for DD's dress. Maybe going the other way would work too... have the fluffy dress for the wedding then take off the tulle and have the sexy dress for the party. LOL

Sue-I'm passing on the scary movies with you.

Kat-Monday monday...hope it went well!

Diane-Keep me in the loop on the races you're looking at... I may get down there one of these days again! WTG on the miles for the month!!

Karen-You could do your 50k and then pace me! It works okay for the fastie to race then pace.. not so much the other way around! LOL It looks mostly like 5 miles of climb with the rest wheeeeeeee. Was the downhill runnable? I do pretty well on downhills and have stupidly strong quads but I'm pretty sure they will end up blowing up with that much downhill. But not for awhile. That's actually one of the reasons I like this course. That and being entertained by Jackasses during the night. This upcoming marathon will be a mental challenge for you for sure. Try imagining that it is the first loop and you will have to do it three more times. Three more times. Three more times. That might help.

Sandy-Have fun at yoga tonight!

Lori-the pics were amazing from your trip! Well....you know that there is looking to be a gang at Javelina over a year from now. Check out Karen's link above to see the course profile. I plan on doing more stair machine and inclined treadmill workouts.

Cathy-your training is so planned out! That's great. Lori asked me what my plan was for the 100 miler in a year. I have no plan. LOL Well nothing "on paper" but I do plan on being "strategical".   That would be cool to see the balloon but also a bit troubling if you know it's not supposed to be there. Like the guy I saw on the trail yesterday with a gun and a garbage bag full of something furry over his shoulder. I did not stop to ask questions.  I actually forgot about that until just now. Would only be the half on Saturday. The full and 50k are also on Sunday so there would be a conflict.

Ginny-nothing at all wrong with whatever distance you want to do. Most of them have a variety of distances that make helping to crew, volunteer or sit back with a cold beverage to cheer on the finishers an option.

Carol-"trying to get my point across I told her that she was running her LR at her Half marathon race pace, she took it as a compliment"... that is too funny. I remember telling my daughter when we were training for her first half (and faster than I am now) that we can run a fast pace to start then walk the last few miles to average out to an 11 min/mile pace or we can do that the entire time. What was her preference? That seemed to work. LOL Or just run your pace and when you catch up to her walking you can smile but not slow down.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

I forgot to mention my running when I posted this morning. Yesterday I ran 15 which put me at 62 for the week. No taper here! I feel surprisingly good right now. This morning I ran 3 and could see storms coming, so quit to pick up the poop in the backyard (two days' worth is A LOT with these two) before the rain started. Almost made it. It started raining pretty hard while I was out back. I thought about going back out once the storms went through, but then started doing chores and finally just jumped in the shower and decided on a short day. Slept a little better but still tired, so a potential nap won out over potential more miles. Maybe a walk later.

Sandy, I can't wait to be a guest! Weekend is going to be fun. Warning - I'm probably going to be wearing the same clothes (other than running clothes to race in) the entire weekend, thanks to my cheapness and Spirit Airlines. Not paying to check a bag or put one in the overhead bin, just under the seat for me. Hooray for new shoes! And let us know how the yoga goes, I tried it a few years back and although I know it's good for me I just couldn't get into it.

Liz, I like your dress ideas. And you can go strapless - I did and I have nothing up top to hold it up! We went to St. Thomas for our honeymoon. In September. Luckily no hurricanes. I have the same issue with yoga - I get antsy. I like Pilates much better. Of course right now I'm doing neither.

Lori, welcome back from vacation. The pictures I saw were beautiful.

Cathy, race readiness and speed? Sound fun.

Ginny, good to see you. I'm glad whatever was going on with the ankle went away.

Carol, ugh on RB's pace. That's a hard one to explain. Eventually most people figure it out but it's so frustrating when you tell them and they don't believe you or don't get it or whatever. I had one guy last year that was really bad about it. He would crash and have to walk at the end of every long run. Then I got him to run with our slowest runner a couple times, appealing to his nice guy/looking out for others side so she didn't have to run alone. By running at her pace, he finally realized he was able to run the whole thing. After that he was able to speed up some to his easy pace, which was still way slower than the pace he'd go out at in the beginning of our season.

Lisa, the downhill is extremely runnable. The whole thing is really. There was a maybe 1-2 mile section on the uphill that was really rocky and a little washed out that I did a good bit of walking on, but that's it. Generally pretty easy trails, and the elevation isn't nearly as bad as it looks on my strava link. A lot of that is only 1-2% grade. I remember you posting pictures of DD's dress choices - that was fun. Whichever 100 you choose, I'll totally pace you if you want me to and I can make it work.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Let me give these personals a try. I apologize in advance.

Lizzie... I love everything about fall. The cooler temps. The twilight. The smell of decaying leaves. Their crunch. The rain. Everything. Yay for Hawaii. That sounds awesome. What does HCF stand for? I assume it is your fiance but wondered what the acronym means.

Judy...that trail run sounded magical.

Damaris...you really need to convince hubby to move north.

CrazySue...hope the power class went well. If you get some good recommendations on a watch let me know. I may be in market for one soon as well.

Kats...hope your Monday went well

Diane...congratulations on the monthly PR

Karen...62 miles!!!! That is amazing. I can't wait to get my own miles up past the teens.

Seloc...I am also meh on yoga but I know I need to start. So I put in a Jillian Michaels yoga dvd today and damned near died. I am not bendy.

Turtles...hot air balloons! That would have been quite the sight.

Ginny...halfs are a great distance to run. Do you have a Michigan favourite that you would recommend?

Bikerchick...I still have problems with going out too fast on a run. You'd think by now I would learn.

Lisa....I am looking into all the recommendations you gave for local 100s. Thank you.

If I forgot anyone I apologize.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, one of these marathons we should try the no taper for me. Smile

Damaris