Womens Running

Trancelike Thursday - Supermoms (Read 23 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - not pain, per se, but I just don't feel ready for impact, yet. No, I didn't really maintain any cardio fitness. I wasn't supposed to elliptical and the bike bores the crap out of me. I've just been doing some core and ST and watching my diet.  The whole not running was just really making me depressed and I'm trying to snap out of it. I think I'm going to focus on the elliptical until October 1st and then start easing back into running.

When I can't run, I turn into an angry blob on the couch. I don't really like any other exercise, so kudos to you for working on ST and core!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

nolamama

CQTM

When I can't run, I turn into an angry blob on the couch. I don't really like any other exercise, so kudos to you for working on ST and core!

Don't send me kudos, it wasn't very often (just more often than when I was running).   Cool

superspike113

Honorary Old

Don't send me kudos, it wasn't very often (just more often than when I was running).   Cool

Well, its still more than I do it. I haven't stepped foot in the gym to work out in at least 9 mos. I only go to the gym to poop when I'm out for a run.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CTimesTwo

ernie - haha on the cornstarch.. I think C is a bit of a princess bc she doesn't seem to like being dirty, ever... we haven't left C with anyone except my parents, the IL's and the nanny.  I don't think C would handle a babysitter very well.

CA - i'm totally lost on kids shows... my friends let their toddlers (same as as Carli) watch kids shows on TV and the only thing C has watched is the news, football and a little bit of baseball..

spike - I'm a total cold weather runner too!  I used to do one fall marathon and one spring marathon a year.. training for fall marathons meant I'd have crappy runs during the heat but great ones at the end, and training for a spring marathon meant great runs in the winter but crappy ones leading up to the race because it'd get hot..

nola - sorry you've not able to run yet...hopefully you'll be fully healed once you can start up again... C hasn't pooped once in daycare yet, except a small one last week.. i've tried to tell her it's ok to poop in daycare, because (as another mom reminded me) we pay other ppl good money to change dirty diapers!

runnergirl9508

RR: 5.3 miles this morning. I wasn't feeling it, actually wasn't feeling like much of anything this morning, but I got it done. one week from today our team leaves for Ragnar ADK. the 10-day weather forecast for next Fri/Sat is in the low 70's with 0% chance of rain. perfect.

TR: took him to a different park this morning, and there were a handful of other kids playing there. he was running around with a little blonde haired girl, taking turns down the slide and driving the wooden "jeep" together.

NRR: meh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- YAY for DH signing up for Richmond!!! are you going to write him up a training plan? cute about your post-pedicure admirer. have fun at big lots, we had one just open here but I haven't been yet.

reh- have a great trail run today! blech on nights, how many times/month do you work nights? cute about DS and the tooth! are you doing the whole tooth fairy/money thing? sounds like you've got the marathon munchies, eat up!

Cx2- great job on the ST and core- you've been so consistent with it! good luck with C tonight, hope she's really good for you. um, your coworker is a bitch and I just want to punch her in the face. but then again I have some work aggression right now, so...

Ernie- whoohoo for a solo run today! lol on S eating the pasta. haha, she sounds like she was trying to be a ghost in the cornstarch! mmm, sweet potatoes, i'll have to pick a few of those up tomorrow. have fun out at the pub tonight. hope S behaves for the sitter.

CA- nice job on getting your LR done yesterday! enjoy catching up on survivor. aw, yay for a sleepover at gmas, M must love that! glad that O STTN inspite of the teething, Tylenol always works for R. lol on no leftovers.

spike- yup, i'd rather run in 20* temps than anything near 80-85* or above. my pace is so much faster once the weather cools off again in the fall. sign up for some races! glad that R is over his GI upset. lol on DH not getting things done. my DH will mow the lawn during R's nap if he's home alone with him. is your DH eating GF now, too? haha on panties!

NOLA- hey! missed you around here. bummer on the waiting to run, but good job keeping up with the xt. Boo on the constipation. R's the opposite when he teethes- he's a pooping machine! Corn always helps him move things along...have fun at the beach, I'm jealous!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

nolamama

CQTM

RG - Corn is on the menu tonight! Corn & watermelon usually do the trick.

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- everything I cook is gf- so he eats corn/rice pasta instead of wheat but he hasn't given it all up and switched. I still buy wheat bread, flour tortillas, and wheat pretzels for him. He usually eats freezer meals for lunch at work (I know, I know. But its portion controlled and easy for him) so he eats mini pizzas and pasta and stuff at work a lot. He doesn't like the texture of GF bread, but I don't like it either so I don't blame him.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - I read your FR as pork chops smothered in pork chops lol

nola - lentils? I call those things colon blow.

rg - I don't think he needs a training plan.  His LR (and yes, he's actually calling it that) is Sunday.  He ran 9K last week and if he can manage 10 I think that's all he'll want to do.  I told him he can run fartleks on one of his weekday runs if he wants.  DH also asked me to write him a ST plan, which I don't want to do.  It took me about 6 tries to teach him how to squat, plus he whines all the time, he's pretty much your nightmare client.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - I read your FR as pork chops smothered in pork chops lol

LOL Southern cooking?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - nice stroller run!! Glad R is feeling better! I'm stir crazy today too and my kids are driving me nutso. LMAO at R wearing panties!

nola - hey! I was just thinking of you and missing your posts. Nice job surviving the 6 weeks! Good plan to not push into running too soon, you'll be back at it before you know it!

cx2 - I didn't have a clue on kids shows until a year ago or so, M didnt' have any interest, plus I didn't push anything on her. Now that I've been home w/ her for the year it's been nice to entertain her a bit with it.

RG - nice job getting through the run even though you weren't feeling it.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

cx2 - So sorry your evenings have been so rough lately. I think it will just take some time for C to adjust to daycare. Or are you thinking about switching back to using the nanny? Growth spurts are so crazy when they seem to happen overnight like that! So funny that C is a princess about getting dirty. Does she get upset when she gets dirty or just never really tries to get dirty. S manages to get filthy within minutes being bathed.

CA - Ew, having to watch Diego while running on the treadmill sounds like torture! How many teeth does O have now?

Eh - Run for the Toad 25k will be challenging but fun! I guess it's possible S has picked up on ghosts from Halloween stuff, but I think it's more likely she likes to say BOO and likes to get dirty and just happened to do both at the same time.

Spike - Running in the cold is much easier than running in really hot weather! The only thing that slows be down in winter is when it gets really snowy/icy. So, we've established the pork chops are probably not smothered with pork chops Wink but what are they smothered with? Ha, yup, I'm sure I'll have my hands full with S...she's already the class clown.

Nola - Glad to have you back! Hope you can get back to running soon. Constipated and teething seems like an unexpected combination. For S at least, it's usually the opposite. I asked other moms around town for recommendations for local teenage babysitters and got a few names. We'll see how it goes!

Rg - It is strange to hear you say you didn't feel like running! Is it because of the work situation? Good for you for getting out there anyway, and great to have such a good weather forecast to look forward to for Ragnar! Sounds like R is really good at sharing!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Ernie - when she's watching diego I usually am listening to a podcast or book on my phone thankfully.  O just has two bottom teeth so far.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- smothering= gravy or cream of mushroom soup (progresso makes a gf one)

nolamama

CQTM

Well, the elliptical was a success. I'm feeling zero pain so that is good. I *might* have found a new RP as well. I've been chatting with another woman that runs and lifts and we've exchanged numbers. She is 34 weeks pregnant with twins at the moment so she isn't running a lot right now, but once she is back at it, hopefully I will be too. They run outside at lunch, to, so that would be a very nice change of pace from the TM. All in all, a good day and I don't feel like a blob.

spike & zorbs - pork chops smothered in pork chops sounds very southern, lol.

Ernie - A never has constipation problems, so I know it's making her uncomfortable. She usually poops 2-3 times a day. I will say that this tooth has been much better the previous, though. I just figured one was about to come in, and when I felt in there last night it had already broken the skin. The last teeth she was on Advil for about 2 weeks before they came in.

CA - DH has found the baby's first channel. It's terrible, but 1 year olds like it.

superspike113

Honorary Old

nola- I started running with RP when I was pregnant. She was a noob and was slow, so she worked great with my knocked up slowness. She started getting stronger and faster, and I took about a 10 week hiatus at the end of my pregnancy/post partum recovery. She is a great RP, I hope your new person works out!