Womens Running

Canadian Long Weekendailies (Read 12 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

It's the Victoria Day weekend here so it's a long weekend.

Hubby and I ran 5k together. Slow and steady. He's trying to come back from injuries

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

Happy long weekend, Lori!

I ran 5 this morning. Baby speedwork - 20 x 10 seconds hard/20 seconds easy.

No real plans this weekend. Right now Riley has decided to be a 90-pound lap dog, so just sitting on the couch for the immediate future.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Ran 4 with hubby outside. Plan was to continue and finish my LR on the TM but I was nauseous and dizzy so tomorrow's 4 it is. At least 57-60F and sunny with no clouds didn't feel like 1000F, only 900F so there is that.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 miles. Humid & gross out. Got some of my tomatos outside. Now just waiting for the peppers to get a little bigger before theye move.

BerthaSlayer, enjoy the long weekend.

AnonymousGuest, hope Riley lets you up. 90lbs is a lotta lapdog.

Docket, that sounds rough. Hope tomorrow's run goes better.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, hope you feel better. Lousy symptoms, for sure! 

Lori, Happy Victoria Day! 

Karen, 90 lbs of dog would definitely keep you tied down. 

HCK 2.0, humid is indeed hard to tolerate. Your plants sound very promising! 

Tomorrow is Sunday Buddy run out the trail.

I'm doing a telehealth program with a physical therapist for my shoulder. It involves an arm band that goes too far around my scrawny arm. Ooops! At least the other 2 bands will fit. The program also uses a tablet which I learned how to use this morning. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lori, happy long weekend. 

Karen, I can think of worse places to be trapped than under a giant lap dog. 

Damaris, hope you’re feeling better. 

HCK, what kind of peppers? Hot ones?

Judy, hope the PT is helping!

Busy day. Spent a few early hours helping at a trail race, did some chores at my dad’s house, and then met up with a friend from law school for a couple margaritas.  Now I’m feeling sleepy and lethargic. Glad I rearranged my training plan to do 12 tomorrow instead of today.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lori, enjoy your long weekend.  Nice you and DH were able able to get some miles in together.

Karen, I never can fathom your lap dogs.  Hell, my "big" dog at 16# feels enormous.

Damaris, nice you got miles in with DH too.  Hope you feel better soon.

Kathi, gross here too.  Nice you'll have tomatoes and peppers,  I quit trying to grow anything here.

Judy, enjoy Sunday Runday with SB.

Margaret, smart switching your days.  But margaritas with friends are worth it.

Worked today, slow steady, if that makes sense.  Nothing too exciting.  A couple of real winners today, treating us like shit.  One woman got a solid glare from me.

I had 8-10 on the schedule, but tacked on 2 from earlier in the week when I missed a run for a total of 12.  Not as strong as I would have liked, but good to get it done.  I still have some solid miles tomorrow.  Next weeks schedule has alot of running time.  I will get all the time/miles, but I think he will be disappointed with the walking.

Work tomorrow.  Might rain.

Happy weekend all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

11 miles today before the family arrives. It's a belated mother's Day charcuterie thing for myself, MIL and DD2's BF's Ouma. We usually invite her to family things since the boyfriend hasn't much relationship with his mom and dad, but they're close. And she is MILs age so she can talk to her and take pressure of hubby.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Kat, nice 12!  Great that you added on a couple.  You might surprise yourself with your running next week.  Give it your best shot.

Lori, yum, your belated Mother's Day gathering sounds delish.

13.4 today.  Met up with a RC friend and oof, her easy pace was a lot faster than mine.  I kept up, and it didn't kill me, but I was pooped after.  Laundry and other chores this afternoon.  I suppose I should start thinking about our trip to Ireland on Wednesday.  Packing or some such thing would probably be good.  Doing a trail marathon there on Saturday.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 10. First week of 6 running days in months.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles with 10 x 200 plus upper body strength training.

GatbsyBird, I'm growing bell peppers. We have all sorts of seeds in the house, but I prefer sweet peppers.

KatS, I basically just grow the stuff on the deck. We gave up trying to have a garden in the yard when we tookk the fence down. Too many damn deer.