Womens Running

Wonderful WEDNESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Anonymous Guest

6 easy for me this morning, then I put down the weed and feed on the lawn and am now running the sprinkler system to water it in. Learned last night that we have a valve leaking in said system that we need to get replaced, so I also called a couple places to get quote/scheduling for that. Mammogram scheduled for next Tuesday, termite inspection for this Friday. So my lazy week has at lest been a little bit productive. Although the weather here is so awesome right now the afternoon might be spent in my hammock with my kindle. Overnight lows in the 50s, daytime highs upper 60s to low 70s, low humidity and not a cloud in the sky. This is the best of Texas weather.

Tessa, nice RR. And congrats to DD on the official job offer - such and exciting time for her!

Ginny, congrats on the lost inches and the lost pounds. That is some serious improvement. I might be a little bit jealous.

Liz, wtg on cutting it short because things still hurt. Yes, I am congratulating you on not running! Everything that I can cross is crossed for you today on the job front.

Hi Carol! I think Susan (not crazysue, but Michigan prof Susan) is doing the 25K. And maybe Rebecca (Pickles on fb). And maybe a significant other or two. It should be a fun time, kinda bummed I'm not going.

Damaris, but if it were Thursday, you'd be doing bonus tempo miles.....

Diane, headache + internet training all day sounds miserable. I hope you feel better. As for your pre-race concerns from yesterday, you are completely normal. We pretty much all stress about being underprepared, or overtrained, or getting injured, or something. It's normal to worry about something that has happened before (the back) happening again, even though it almost certainly won't. You're gonna be fine.

Susan, glad the chiro helped and you were able to get out for a run. Even if you were almost late to work.....

Kathryn, this is what I came out of the bathroom after my shower to. The toy you brought in January is still his absolute favorite and he carries it from room to room. Sometimes we even sleep with it.

Cathy, squeee!!! You might be getting a dog!!!! Dogs are awesome. My friend that came for the marathon this weekend mentioned that she was scared of dogs (she was bit when she was about 13) when she met Riley. A day and a half in, she was talking about how awesome he was (as he sat on the couch with her, head in her lap) and how she could see why people had dogs. They are just so happy about everything.

Sandy, oh my gosh I am laughing so hard at your volleyball team. It sounds like they are having fun, and that is what's important. And they are keeping you entertained. If the AZ thing doesn't work out for some reason next winter, maybe plan a few days to come stay at my house at least.

Hi Judy and Laura, both consistent as always with your workouts!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Carol – Oh no!! I hope your face is okay!

Docket – Was your 4 miler race today??? Bummer!!! Walk? Whats that?

Diane – I need to be more on my water game. And you reminded me about the Epsom salts. I may do that tonight. I was thinking I may just get on the treadmill tonight and just walk. We will see. Oh no on little Jasper!! I hope he is okay!!! Sorry about your headache..hope you feel better!

Susan – Glad you are feeling better and nice run! I do that ALL THE TIME before work!! I don’t know how I have so much energy in the mornings.

Kathryn – Glad you decided to go last night and had fun! MMMM Italian sounds good. Have a good time with your mom Smile I am sure you are anxious to get home!!

Cathy – A dog?! REALLY?! Is the dog getting jealous of the baby? I hear that happens sometimes. Lakeland Terriers are so cute!!! And they are hypo-allergenic!! Another plus. I say get him Smile You are right – I want to stick with McMillan since it seems to be working for me Smile I will probably just customize it and increase the miles and reps. I think one of the factors in achieving that 4:13 time was the fact that I had increased miles. I always remember people saying more miles = better results! Maybe you don’t worry about races because you always do so well SmileSmileLets be honest, I only bought that picture because it showed my muscles. I was hoping they had finish line pictures! I was crying and fist pumping hahah.

Sandy – That is EXACTLY why I do not like Spring Forward – going to bed when its daylight. It is so hard to get used too! Ruger did well at daycare, thanks for asking! He just seems very tired. I am sure he will sleep all day today. Nice job getting out there this morning, girl! I had to laugh at the outfits at the games last night!! That is…interesting haha. You are right – as long as they are having fun that is what matters. I hope you are having fun too! Smile

Laura – Awe, poor pup!! Yay for the race this weekend!! I don’t think you are unprepared at all. You literally run..every.day. Smile

Hi Tessa! I want the big bucks, too!!

Karen – Nice easy 6 for you! Wow, you have been productive today. Your weather does sound perfect. What a cute picture! Riley is so ccuutteeee.

Not too much going on today. Slow day. Have a good night everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I didn't get the job... 

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, I am SO SORRY...  Hang in there.  The interviewing you have been doing will make you stronger.  Keep the faith.  HUGS.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Ah, jeez, Liz, I really thought this one was going to be the one. I'm so sorry.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - Boooo, I’m sorry the job didn’t work.  They  know what they are missing out on!!!

Carol

dhuffman63

Trails

Oh Lizzie I am so sorry...means there's a better one out there for you.  Traveling and having dogs doesn't always work well....Ruger will be happy to have his "mommy" there for him

LC Runs

Dang, that sucks, Lizzie !  They are just dumb, you would be a great asset!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with intervals (1-2-3-3-2-1 minutes with 1 minute recovery). Glad I was able to get out, we just missed the big snow. My in-laws are about 50 miles north and they got 8 inches, we got maybe 3, none on the roads or sidewalks.

Lizzie, sorry you didn't get the job.

Arimathea, wow, you remembered so much from your race.

Still not too active on my end. Hoping to get to the gym tomorrow morning for some elliptical...gentle elliptical. or something. Once the Ibuprofen wears off not good but at least I'm getting some stretches where it doesn't hurt to breathe. Sleeping still really tough even with the heavy drugs.

Tessa-so glad that they had the full option for you at LongPlay. When I did it 2 years ago there was just the 33.3 or the half. that's why I still need Florida. And yes, it was missing the turn from the rail / trail on to the road and then into the woods. The sign was down and we kept going for an extra 5 miles. The forest was a lovely one. congrats!!

Diane-I'll have to check out the races down there! Here's to hoping that your 20 miler gives you the confidence you need!

Lizzie-hugs for Ruger and you! Bummer on the job. Good practice though with the interviewing.

Elina-I bet you're sleeping well tonight.

Ginny=you'd do great at the trail race in September!

Karen-put down the weed and go for a run girl! LOL

Carol-we are driving to Maine. Road trip! Susan from MSU is doing the 25k. There are 4 of us doing the 50k (Kathryn, Tessa, Margaret and myself). Pickles, Susan and my friend doing the 25k. Susan's HB is coming as well but not running. I believe we are at 9 in the house but it sleeps 11. Let me know if you're coming.

Waves to everyone else... This rib thing has me beat. Just really tired for some reason from the pain I guess.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I didn't get the job... 

I am sorry, Liz! Sad

Damaris

I am sorry, Liz! Sad

Me too, Lizzie.  Their loss.  Something better will come along!  Hugs to you!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, we would hire you in a heartbeat!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Arimathea

Tessa

Sorry Lizzie. It sucks not to get a job you wanted. I am sure there is something better out there though!