Womens Running

Countdown is ON WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

AnonymousGuest, yep, DBIL lives 20 miles/30 minutes away. We're 55 miles/75 minutes away. With covid, any housing changes for MIL are on hold, but she sometimes says she wants to find something halfway between DH & DBIL. DBIL is maybe 10 miles from US 1 and we are basically right by it. Halfway is middle of no where Harford County. There are no continuing care communities at the halfway point. DH and I usually want to beat our heads into a wall after these conversations.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OK, back home after running errands and reading for a bit. Thinking of switching my 15 to tomorrow when the low is 53F and at least until 10am it won't be too warm at all. The problem is that I have Pilates at noon so I better make sure I'm back home at 10am to recover and refuel.

Liz, hope you enjoy your rest day.

Lisa, ugh. Hope you are feeling better.

Susan, nice. We only get one hour when these holidays arrive.

Kat, meanwhile some days it's you alone, WTF.

Sandy, send that chill here!

HCK, nice 4.

Cathy, enjoy the rest day!

ccoakley, nice 5+.

Elina, good luck!

Laura, we are normally behind as well by 2 years too so the photos now look like I switched from regular TV to HD, haha.

Judy, ugh at the pipe. Hoping it's an easy fix.

Karen, good luck tomorrow! I am thinking of joining you for the first 15 but you might be done by the time I finished 15, haha. Ye,s I got the XR for work and even that one is a huge improvement from the 8. My only issue is how the fuck will I carry this giant brick in my INKnBURN pocket? They make pockets based on their iPhones so they are big but it's heavy with the only case I can use until mine comes in, lol.

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!  Binged the ENTIRE thing.  LOL  I REALLY like Justin Hartley's (now ex) wife.

I will have to check this out... I have Netflix now thanks to XDH...  

Well, XDH and his boo may not be completely over, DD told me that he was texting her yesterday.  It wouldn't surprise me if they got back together... that's what those young 'uns like to do, right?  Break up and get back together again?  The more drama the better?  

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Lisa – Oh no! Glad you are feeling better. Stomach sickness is the WORST. Aw, you have a great weekend planned! Tell Ginny we said hi!

Susan – Smart to save that PTO day! Nice that you get to start the weekend early! Good luck tomorrow with the pup! Maybe you should record Skye’s reaction.

Kathryn – OMG your management can’t seem to figure it out!

Sandy – LOVE me a good Americano!! That croissant sounds YUMMY! What a great program your work has with the steps and HSA. You know I will be jealous of your low 40’s! I wish I could come visiiiittttttttt!!! Ugh, sorry about the flakey friends. I am not cooking! We are goiong to grab sushi with HCDH’s parents tomorrow (God forbid we go 2 weeks without seeing them) and a seafood joint with my parents possibly Sunday. The seafood place is on a lake which is likely to be PACKED this weekend so we may postpone until next weekend. I have to go to the grocery, too. Not looking forward to it. I also have to make some returns at Kohls. Ugh.

Run4kupcakes – I am sure we did get a rare day in May of cooler weather. It sure feels like FOREVER ago. Nice run this morning! Still can’t believe BIL isn’t pulling his weight!

Cathy – Enjoy that much deserved rest day! Have a great swim later! Aw, that’s too bad about XDH and his boo. Now I am really curious as to what happened. 😉. Well my 5 straight days and your 6 straight days are way different – I am just running baby miles. You are doing speedwork and all that jazz! You are a running machine!! Hopefully you get to see TF this weekend 😊. I don’t see any big marathons happening next year, either. Not unless a vaccine is out. BTW – I don’t think a 3:52 marathon is too fast for you 😊

Docket – Yay for massage! I can’t wait for mine tomorrow. Great news on the phone. I would say for sure switch that 15 so you can enjoy the temps. Plus, how can you run that long after MEXICAN?!

CC – Great run today! Good luck running long this weekend! I don’t think I am going to go anywhere special to run. I guess I could?? Depends on how early I get up. I love running in your area 😊. You used to live in Ballston/Clarendon area? I used to work in Ballston many many moons ago. I partied in Clarendon 😊. Some really nice homes over there! The stress does get to me sometimes – but I think that will be the case with any job. I take things too personally sometimes or I try to relate to my customer too much and just stress myself out. I am slowly learning to understand that I can only do so much! Does your DH run?

Kilmisters – GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!! Have fun!!!

Laura – Nice run and workout this morning! Enjoy the long weekend!! You get an extra long one (TWSS). I have heard of Selling Sunset but never watched! I will have to check it out 😊. I am trying to catch up on my Real Housewives!

Judy – Ice cream after a run? Uhm, perfect!

Karen – Nice run today. So excited for your race this weekend!! I hope DH takes a ton of photos. Sweet on the camp reservations! I think I finally decided on where HCDH and I could go for our anniversary, Nags Head! I just hope it isn’t too cold in October. A 4:30 am start sounds good with those nasty temps. Seriously. It will pay off! I have a feeling you will need to get your Boston in person race fix at least one more time.

OMG today has been so crazy!! I am about to WALK-AWAY and go for a walk with Ruger. Wine later for sure.

Have a great afternoon!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Taking a break and checking back in.  The amount of work expected these days is honestly absurd.  It seems the higher ups do not have much to do so they keep putting pressure on.  We don't have the resources!  Something has to give.  I haven't even showered today.  Plan to get Lily out on another long walk but not sure a bike ride will happen.  Will have to login Monday regardless.  Ugh.

HCK - I can do 10K steps on rest days easier than biking days haha.  Mostly because I walk longer with Lily and also tend to do chores on those days so lots of up and down stairs.  It's the biking days that do me in.  I'm tired so walk less and sit more haha.  Dang, sorry for having to go north gain.  That DBIL needs to step UP!

Cathy - ummm swimming isn't really a "rest" day   Awwww too bad XDH and Boo are on the outs.  Or, maybe now it'll be fun to watch their drama unfold!  Good gravy.  At this age, I cannot do drama.  At.  All.  Mmm hmmm - I like this TF who thinks like me regarding your conservative marathon goals .  Just go for it!  Worst that can happen is you blow up and shuffle in.  Oh well!!  Yah yah, easy for me to say.  But, if you have never hit the wall, ya don't know what you are missing.  

Damaris - 15 miles after lunch out??  Oh helllllzzz no!!

CC - enjoy the fabulous weather weekend!  Good point that nobody is BQing this year anyway - I hadn't thought of that.  That's also a cool idea - wonder if they will do something crazy once things get back to "normal".  Though, that honestly could be years.

Elina - WOOT!  SO EXCITED for you!!  Good luck and have fun.  Though, I gotta say, 10:15 start time for a marathon seems odd and super late to me.  But, close to perfect for you, right??  I'll be awake by the time you are at about mile 20 cheering you on from across the pond 

Laura - sounds like a perfect low key productive day!  I'm planning to do the purge and donate on my next PTO at the end of Oct.  The drama of Selling Sunset gets addicting.  Wait until the mean blondie gets married.  Over.  The.  Top!!

Judy -  glad the clog wasn't too too bad.  Sounds like a fun day with DC!!

Karen - awesome on the camping trip mid-week in October.  Glad you had a painless trip to the grocery.  I am NOT in the mood for that this evening haha.  For some reason it popped into my head today (maybe because you've been seeing all your baby runners more) that aren't you glad you can say "COVID!  NO HUGS!" LOL.  I crack myself up.

Liz - Americano is my favorite!  Your dinner plans sound awesome!  I kinda chuckle at what I envision you eye-rolling at HCDHs parents haha.  I get it, kinda, since my sisters are like that.  But, hey, they will pay, right??  And, a seafood place on the lake sounds wonderful!  I'm kinda jealous of all your seafood.  Being so inland, not much good stuff around here.  And, if you can find good stuff, it's spendy.  I had to look up Nags Head - OMG it looks amazing!!  I would LOVE to visit the OB one day.  My RDU friend (wedding date) just bought a small cottage on the beach somewhere but not sure where.  I will have to ask.  I say you send HCDH to do the Kohl's returns   Oh, and I think you will love Selling Sunset!  It kinda reminds me of the Real Housewives type of show even though it's about a Real Estate brokerage.

Okay, back at it.  Hope to log off in an hour.  Happy long weekend to most!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Seloc, I think a handful of people did BQ this year--Houston in January and LA in March. I think some of the fall 2019 races count towards 2021? So maybe Chicago, definitely CIM. I'm sure there are some smaller ones too.

LC Runs

Sandy - it is such a guilty pleasure!  My favorites are Mary, Chrishelle and Maya.  Mary is making me want to cut my hair and her hubby (fiance as I'm watching) is ooo la la !!   Oh and I imagine the Christine wedding will be crazy, her engagement party was like "wow'.  I don't like her, but she's a good Queen B ha ha

Judy  - ugh, pipe and water issues are the worst, glad it is manageable!

Karen - you will do great with your virtual Boston!!  I did get quite a bit of organizing done but actually it all went into the garbage.  I do have a couple of boxes to go to St Vinny's but thought I would be adding to it.  I have 9 tubs of stuff my DD needs to go through and I am hoping she wants to donate a lot of it.

Kathi - oh, dealing with aging parents is so stressful, hang in there!

Damaris - have a good 15 tomorrow.  You can always run, do Pilates and then take a nap in the afternoon!

Cathy - Oh boy on the ex and his girl.  I feel there may be a lot of drama going on if they've already broken up and are maybe getting back together, gonna be interesting!!

Lizzie - I miss Real Housewives.  I think it might be on Netflix but it's too many seasons back so I've seen them.  I watch BH and OC.  Enjoy your weekend!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Liz, I've run marathons with Mexican food for dinner the night before no issues. Smile

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Oh oh oh, almost forgot - speaking of Netflix guilty pleasure: DH and I binge watched both seasons of Cobra Kai last Sunday.Ralph Macchio and the guy that played Johnny - the blond kid that Karate Kid beats at the end of the movie, but as adults in the present day. Cheesy yet addictive. Probably less so if you didn't watch the Karate Kid movie 30 some years ago. Well, probably more cheesy but less addictive.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Why did I get work e-mails after 4pm before a holiday weekend that are doing nothing but stressing me out? So frustrated by this.

Holy cow, this is a busy place today.  And I thought I was getting here early (for me, anyway...)

Kilmisters, have a great race on Saturday!

HCK, those annoying end-of-the-day emails are the worst... esp when it's the end of the day before a long weekend.  Sorry about the useless DBIL, sounds frustrating.

Karen, have a great virtual Boston this weekend!  If the weather is crazy hot, could you move it to later in the week?  Camping in October sounds fun.

Sandy, sorry your workplace is so nutso.  If everyone who worked there actually did his/her fair share (looking at you, Sleepy!), maybe it would be a bit better.  How does Peloton work?  Is there a library of online workouts?  Pre-programmed workouts?  Live workouts online with instructors?  Sounds super useful for winter there.

Damaris, I can't get a bigger phone than my iPhone X because then it won't fit in the front pocket of my pack.  Enjoy the 15 tomorrow (if that's what you decide to do).

Lizzie, woohoo for a 100% rest day!  Is the nice weather this weekend a tease, or will it stick around?  Enjoy the wine, you deserve a big glass after all the work chaos.

Lisa, aww, nice that you're running with Ginny this weekend!  Tell her we say hi!

CrazySue, a Weim puppy sounds cute!   Nice that you get to log off early today.

Kat, rolling my eyes at the disorganization at your workplace.

Turtles, you've been really consistent with your workouts -- hopefully the HM at goal pace gives you a little boost of confidence.  You have to believe you can do it if you want something awesome to happen.  

CC, enjoy the nice Sept weather!  My first marathon was also just under 6 hours, and it was also 16 years ago.  What marathon was your first?  Mine was Maui.  (Highly not recommended for someone doing a first marathon with no clue about training!)

LC, sounds like you've had a productive day with cleaning and organizing!

Judy, good that the leak under the sink isn't too bad.

Not too busy at work this week so I logged off early today.  SRD today, LR tomorrow.  My sister is in town with a couple of her kids so we'll go up to my dad's house for a visit with everyone tomorrow.  Almost time for my Friday beer!  Cheers!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR